Hospital bag question

Countrybumpkin

Reaction score
I am sure the first of many questions along these lines.

Did you pack a bag for baby and then also take in the changing bag, or did you put everything for baby into one bag. Also how many nappies did you all take in.

Sorry i am sure this one has been asked time after time.

I will sit and have a proper read of the hospital bag post that has been pinned, when i get five mintues.

Just thought, i might think about packing some of the things this coming weekend.

I have 2 seperate bags, 1 for me, 1 for baby. my one is just a big gym bag with extra room in for OH to pop stuff if he wants to (yea right) and baby's is just her regular changing bag. As for nappies, i've just slung a whole pack of 1st size in there, better to have too many than not enough I say, and they don't take up much room at all.

Have fun packing!

xxx

i didnt take changing bag just baby bag with nappys in as well and i used a bag of pampers but was in 4 days

Ive just packed all babys stuff into her changing bag. I think ive got 15 nappies.

I have packed a gym bag for me, and I have put 10 nappies and all baby clothes into change bag for baby. If I needthe change bag I can just shove all the clothes in my bag lol. I have also put blankets into my bag as change bags aren't that big! X

I packed one of them wee suitcase trolley thingys (hopefully you will know what I mean! One side is for me and there is a little compartment which I have put the babys things in. Nappies I have sitting on top will just get hubbie to bring in to hospital when time comes!

ive got 1 bag for me n just the pram bag for baby, about 15 nappies & i kno our hosp provide em if there premi,

not plannin to take too much cos i dont wana be in there too long, and hubby can bring any extras that we need if and when

xxx

I have a small trolley case for me and a change bag for little one. Have packed about 12 nappies but might put the rest of the pack in my suitcase as I'm having a section so might be in for a few days at least. I chose a trolley case too cos of the section as I will probably struggle with DH when we leave trying to carry everything and little one in his car seat so easier to have something on wheels this time.

I've just put it all in one bag (one with wheels that can be pulled along). my stuff on one side & baby's on the other. As for nappies, I've just packed a full pack of newborn pampers x

I've just put it all in one bag (one with wheels that can be pulled along). my stuff on one side & baby's on the other. As for nappies, I've just packed a full pack of newborn pampers x

**Snap** Good minds think alike !:dance:

ooh now come to think of it i have a wheelie one i could use . . .x

ive just put all her stuff in her changing bag and ive packed ten nappies if i need more oh will bring them in x

Omg guys...i so cant travel light, i know my hubbie aint guna beable to find anything when im not here, got a small bag for lil one with essentials, i.e. sleep suits, vests, mitts, hats, nappies and asked hubbie to buy towel today and got a blanket, hel get the coming home outfit later. My bag on the other hand is sooooo heavy....yet ive took stuff out, man why cant i travel light anywhere...i am having a section but still!!!

I've packed baby's stuff into changing bag and have gone for 10 nappies at the moment - DH/mum can always bring more depending on how birth goes and how long I am going to be in hospital. Haven't done mine yet, also waiting to see what midwife says I need/what the hospital provide for baby.

I need to get a list together of what I need to put in the damn bag... let alone what kind of bag ! ur all sooo organised compared to me !! making it very real now ! xx

I'm taking two small sports bags, they told me I need to for the section, one for the op with just bits for me , 1x pants, 1x nightie etc ,1x mat towel and 1 set for baby, couple nappies etc, then another bigger bag with more nappies, all the rest, washbag/ towels etc , for later to stay in the car as will be going to a ward after , and they don't want lots of bags etc to transport

lucylu87, don't worry i am not at all organised either, but after having strong Braxton hicks the other evening followed by a cousin saying her friend had her baby at 32 weeks, it sent me into a little panic.
Rather have most of it packed with a little list of things that need adding so either hubby or i can do that as and when required ;) .

Think it gave hubby a reality check as well as i had left him in charge of the car seat and guess what he has ordered this weekend without reminding ;) .

I would totally recommend a wheelie case if you have one as you might not be up to the lifting after baby is born!!! I packed way too much and i stayed in hospital for 3 days but better being prepared than have nothing!!!
The hospital i was in only provided milk - everything else you had to provide yourself!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back