Baby Wipes

Kiranxxx

Reaction score
Hi,

Please can someone tell me whether you can use baby wipes on newborns to wipe their bum or should I stick to cotton wool and water?

I'm not sure.

i used baby wipes from birth, i used them in the hospital and so did the midwives, they had a baby wipe warmer it was brill

i did hun but its up to you if your not in long maybe cotton wool and water will just do u for a day or 2, i was in 10 days, it wont hurt to just put a little pack in, but i would go for pampers or huggies not the cheaper brands

i used them on ryan from birth, pampers, simple, or boots ones iv used. johnsons too but i didnt like the feel of them.

I use baby wipes - it's just not practical when you're on your own with a screaming baby to run some hot water into a bowl etc.

I used cotton wool and (cold) water for the first 2 months and still often use it at home now.

I don't like the idea of using too many chemicals on her skin - don't use baby bath etc. But that's a personal choice.

Valentine Xxx

i used water and cotton wool 4 da da 1st month then moved to pampers sensitive wipes. because her newborn skin wud of been sensitive.
xnatx

I use Pampers Sensitive (tried Johnsons but didnt like them) and have used them from birth :D

i only used water until millie was nearly 8 weeks- but im very careful because her daddy has super-sensitive skin and she may take after him. but since i switched to wipes shes been fine (i always use sensitive/unfragranced tho)

i used wipes from the start..

I bought LOADS of pink johnsons ones but they didnt agree wtih her bum lol

so since then i used Huggies Pure (like cotton wool and water) and there fab..

still using them now :)

Iused baby wipes from birth but many mums stick to cotten wool or water as their skin is so delicate, but ive never had any problems.

Ive alwys been careful with wipes as so many of them contain alchohol believe it or not! As far as I know Johnsons are the only alchchol free ones and ive used them for years despite being expensive, and i use them on bums, faces hands - there a great wipe.

I was strongly advised against using babywipes on a newborn by my midwife as even the senitive ones can cause a reaction, so I used wool and water for the first 8 weeks or so, and then switched to huggies pure. I always change C in the bathroom anyway and have my system set up so it was never inconveinient, except when I changed her once in Marks and Spencers baby change and there was no running water - just a table and a bin- nowhere to wash your hands or wet the cotton wool - how grss is that?

I used babywipes from the start.............never even thought not too :oops:
Never had a problem, infact Dan's bum is gorgeous and can only be described as being soft as a babies bum! :lol:

I used baby wipes for the first few days but her bum started looking red so i swapped to cotton wool amd water.

I've just started to use wipes again and she's ok so far :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back