How long was your labour??

sonia205

Reaction score
My first was a caesarean, without goin into labour so this was classed as my first labour.
I had 19 hours labour and 20 min pushin then 35 min for placenta, as i was far too buzy smilin and cuddlin him to be bothered to deliver the placenta! Didnt feel like 35 min, it only felt like 10 to me but then again i was far too happy to be thinking about that all.
A few of my friends have had babies and for one lady in particular it was her first and she only had 4 and half hour labour, so that got me thinking about how many others have had quicker or longer labours??
:D :D :D :D
XX-xx-XX

my waters with adele broke at 26 weeks and i went into labour at 29 weeks, i wasnt feeling great all that day had like really sore tummy ache just thought i needed a poo (sorry tmi) so at midnight i started to time it (dont know why just really needed the toiled but nothing would happen) so looked at the clock and it was every 5 mins so woke OH up and rang the hospital. By the time we got to the hospital i was contracting every 2 mons they done an internal and i was 6cm dilated but they sent OH home. i was contracting every 2 mons till 6am and then i was pushing till 9.52am she was born :D

with Colby i was induced got the gel at 10pm on the monday night and started contracting every 7 mins all night till 8am when they broke my waters. Got the drip in at 10am and was contracting very strongly. Started pushing around 12noone and she was born at 2.10pm

My first i was in proper labour for around 12 hours and pushed for 50 minutes. My second was an indution and i was in labour for about 5 hours but i pushed for 4 hors. Hope this ones quicker.

waters broke at 13:00, with very small contractions...went shopping and had a kekab in town, to pass time, and real business started by 16:30/17:30, contractions getting regular till 22:30, arrived in Hospital at 22:45 and 4 hours later, Maheen was with us...4 hours of proper labour! Lol!!! been more than lucky! 8)

Mel xx

I went into labour the tuesday night at 11pm and never had alex till 1.56am the thursday morning so well over 24 hours.

Only pushed for about 10 minutes. After he was born it all felt like nothing but at the time felt like hell! Defo doin it again though. The worst of it is when its your first and you dont know how bad its gonna get, but really wasnt bad at all just long and I was tired cause i hadnt had sleep for the 2 days before. Flew in once my waters were broke which was late on the wednesday night.

v11kae said:
The worst of it is when its your first and you dont know how bad its gonna get

For me, i'd say exactly the opposite! :D it was ok because I did not know how it would get, now I've done it once, i am scared for the 2nd time, coz it will either be the same or worse... though I am proud to say: I only used tens, gym ball, birthing pool and gaz and air! no medicated pain relief :D am proud of myself Lol!

Mel xx

Waters broke 4.30pm ish, started having contractions at about 3am, about 20 mins pushin and about 5-10 mins for the placenta. He was born at 8.07am. So about 5 hours really.

Rachel xx

Mel what makes you think its the same or worse?

I always heard that rarely is it worse, suppsoed to be easier in fact cause a child has already went through that space. The only time I have heard of it being wrose is if they had to be induced 2nd time around???

Dont get me wrong, I took my mum in with me for support as well as my partner cause i knew they would help me be strong and managed to get by with the gas and air, baths and a swiss ball! :dance:

I was induced and was in established labour for 5 hours, I had my waters broken aswell and this sped things up alot! was pushing for an hour.
Im also proud of myself for using only TENS and gas and air :D lets give ourselves a pat on the back!

well i was contracting since 7 in the morning but ifor 3 cm to giving birth it was counted at 40 mins lol

yay!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

we are good!!!!!!! :wink:

V11kae - don't kno, I think I was very lucky the first time round, so I kind of expect not to be next time! :think:

Mel xx

well i was in slow labour for a week then, my contractions started proabably on the 15th december as was in labour for 14 hours pushed for 10 mins then 2secs for the placanta

My first was 27 hours
Second was 3 hours
Third was 6.5 hours

Emilia xx

I was 2 days of painful contractions and 9 hours before i gave birth my waters broke, kinda 9 hours established labour and 15 mins of pushing, i used hot baths and verbal abuse for for pain relief XkelX

melhoney said:
v11kae said:
The worst of it is when its your first and you dont know how bad its gonna get

For me, i'd say exactly the opposite! :D it was ok because I did not know how it would get, now I've done it once, i am scared for the 2nd time, coz it will either be the same or worse... though I am proud to say: I only used tens, gym ball, birthing pool and gaz and air! no medicated pain relief :D am proud of myself Lol!

Mel xx

i have to agree with you too mel with Adele it all hapend so fast with my waters breaking at 26 weeks and having her at 29 weeks i didnt really get a chance to think about it, but when i was PG with Colby i knew it would be alot worse and alot more painfull from having a 2lb 10 baby to a 6lb 8 baby. i thought i would rip in half but thankfully i only had a small tare that dodnt need stitches.

good luck and enjoy the rest of your pregnancys :D
xxxxxx

My waters went at 4:30am Christmas Eve and she was born 4:30am Christmas day. I started getting pain about 11:30am, it was unbearable by 2:30pm, so I would guess about 17 hours eatablished labour but 24 hours from start to finish. I had an epidural though and that can slow things down.

i was to scared to have an epidural.....lol
so with adele i stuck with gas n air and with colby i had morphine and gas and air but morpphine done nothing for me and they wouldnt give me anything else :roll:

Well they started inducing me with the cervical gel at around 2pm on the Wednesday afternoon.
But I was painfully contracting without any dilating at all, so they couldn't break my waters until around 7pm Saturday evening.
Lydia was born 8.35am Sunday morning.

So TOTAL time was 3 days 18 hours 35 minutes

but time from when waters were broken and drip inserted was 13 hours 35 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back