How long were you in hospital for?

AshleighMoore_

Reaction score
So I know everywhere and everyone is different but I just wondered a few things;

At what time did you give birth?
Did you have a straight forward labour and delivery?
How long after birth were you discharged?

I had a straight forward birth with no pain relief at 16.39 and was being discharged within a couple of hours but unfortunately just before leaving I collapsed with blood loss so ended up staying for 2 nights! I was very disappointed as I had sent my family out to get me a steak dinner and I didn't even get it lol!

With my first I had an episiotomy as his heart rate dropped I was 4cm at 3am, born at 8am back to back and home for 10pm same day that was only because he was too tired to feed so had to wait until he did. With my second I was at hospital at 4pm and was 5cm and was born at 5pm an hour later. There was maconium in his waters but be was fine the birth was so fast midwife only bad one glove on. we was home by 9pm.

Wow quick deliveries then, so really I could be in & out on the same day if everything were to go to plan? & can they discharge you at any time or if you are still in by a certain time will you have to stay until the morning and then be discharged? xox

I had a quick straight forward delivery, baby was born at 21.46 and I was discharged 2pm the following day. But it was decided about 10am I was ready to go home , just took them ages to sort it despite them telling me "we need your bed"!!

I left at 9pm but I suppose it depends on your hospitals policy x

Just spoken to someone who gave birth in the hospital I am going to and she said she thinks its if you give birth before 7am you will get out that day at some point but if its after 7am they keep you in for a further 24 hours xox

With my first, I had LO at 12pm on Saturday, everything was straightforward but had difficulty getting Z to latch on so was there til Tuesday, when they were happy he was feeding ok.

With my 2nd, I had him at 6.30pm and left the next day around lunchtime. I could have gone that day but would have had to come back the next day for LOs check and hearing test.

It everything I fine they tend to do a check on baby around 4 to 6 hours after and your usually discharged after.

I went in just after midnight and gave birth at 11.04am, but it wasn't entirely straightforward - I had to have a spinal block (two actually!) and an episiotomy in theatre as they had to do a forceps delivery. It took ages to get out of theatre as they took a long time stitching me up afterwards :sick:

I gave birth on the Friday morning and wasn't discharged until lunch time on the Monday for various reasons, the main ones being that my iron levels were really low (they'd been low during pregnancy but got lower as I lost quite a lot of blood during the delivery) and that A wouldn't latch properly and I wanted to breast feed so they said they'd help us.

I had my LO at 8.14am, straightforward delivery with no pain relief although I did have a 2nd degree tear and left the hospital at 12 noon. Hospitals have a 6 hour discharge target for issue free deliveries without drugs.

We had to return the following day for his paediatric checks.

So I know everywhere and everyone is different but I just wondered a few things;

I gave birth at about 8.30 in the morning.

I began labouring naturally the evening before, but meuconium in my waters so on hormone drip to speed things up. Ended with ventous delivery and second degree tear.

Transferred back to my local maternity hospital later that afternoon but ambulanced to the Neonatal Unit the following morning as Cam was poorly. Discharged after one week in hospital.

XX

Began to be induced at 4pm Monday. Baby arrived at 1:59pm Tuesday after a failed ventouse which lead to forceps and episiotomy. Asked for a 6 hour discharged and they said definitely not lol !! Discharged 2:30pm on the Wed after lots of checks of me and baby by consultants etc.

Fab hospital and fab care xx

Natural delivery for us but my waters had gone more than 24h before delivery and it took me two hours of pushing to finally get James out :shock:

Had him just before 1am, they kept him under 24h observation but obviously couldn't discharge us at 1am. I think we left about 4pm the day after he was born, so we were in for over 36h.

X

I gave birth at 8.02am

I had an emergency c-section

I went in on the 5th June and I was out again by 8th June :)

Thank you everyone for sharing your stories, I'm "hoping" for a water birth with gas & air only if really needed so I hope I am not in for days & days but I suppose as long as baby is getting the care he needs then I will do what I have to do for him :) xox

I had him 10:06am friday by emergency c section as his heart rate was dropping, mine was raised and I didn't dilate past about 4cm,
I asked to be discharged and left about 10-11pm the Saturday. I had been in hospital since Tuesday afternoon though being induced due to high blood pressure xxx

I gave birth at 2.31pm, was in labour for 36 hours & had ventouse. I left the hospital at 11am the next morning x

I gave birth at 12.30pm, had a straight forward birth although I was in labour for 60 odd hours. I was home discharged at 7.30pm and home by 8 xxx

I gave birth 5.44pm thurs evening.
Was pretty straight forward apart from the meconium.
Was discharged 3pm the following day xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back