How Long were you in Labour (1st baby).....?

Emmylou

Reaction score
......Hi All :wave:

I just wondered how long you were in labour for with your first baby?

(Time taken from contractions starting to baby in your arms x)

Yesterday Marchmama had Willow by c-section after 30 hours labour, and last night lucky maybebaby had Austin after just a few hours in labour......so I know this is a person to person thing......i just wondered what the general kind of timescale was........

Thank you :hug: :hug:

i was in labour 37 hours my contractions started early thursday mornin but it wasn't established labour as my contractions were all over the place :twisted: then i gave birth to keeley friday lunch time :D

I will say 8-16 hours. I'm not exactly sure of the time but they put 7 1/2 hours on my notes which must have been established labour. I actually went in to be induced at 3.30 pm on the friday and started having pains that night after the pessary at about 11pm and I didn't give birth until saturday at 8.52pm which would have been 22 hours but they obviously don't write it down as that.

i woke up at 4.40 with small tightenings that went on until luchtime then stopped. then at about 7 in the evening they started again and didnt go away! i delivered nathan at 14.44 the following day (normal delivery) on my notes they say i was in labour for 10.5 hours but this was more like 12- 13 hours proper labour and 3-4 hours early labour.

I was in labour for 8 hours, went really quick though

I voted 16-24 cos thats when my pains started. Established labour was more like 10-11 hours. I had an epidural though and it slowed my labour down.

Thanks ever so much for all your replies.....getting a bit nervous now........good to hear that for a lot you it didn't seem as long as it was :hug:

17hours!!!!
hated every minute of it, so glad I will be able to have a planned section next time round!!!! :cheer:

5 hours for me but I was given syntocin (sp) to hurry things along

My established labour was 3 and a half hours (thank god!) :cheer:

Established labour no.1 9hrs
No.2 7hrs
No.3 2hrs!

That's not saying it gets easier though! :lol: :lol:

With my first i was in labour for 10 hours from first pain till she was in my arms, i thought i was just costipated for about 6 hours of it tho so i took some pills to help me go number 2s, very bad idea tho :oops: , she would have been here alot sooner if i didnt

I was in established labour for 6 and a half hours.

Good luck EmmyLou, not long to go now. I hope you have a quick labour :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back