How long should/do they stay in a cot for?

I'm TTC and when the next baby comes Damien will be about 18 months (if I catch in the next couple of months and it goes full term, but likely to be less if it's prem and I've already caught!)
My dillema is, what do I do about cots? Do I keep Damien in his cot for alot longer than 18months and have the new baby in one too? Damien will be standing up and toddling no doubt. If I have to change beds I'd like to do it well in advance of another baby coming along but I'm stuck.

I know this is a little premature but I have lots of questions in my head already! :)

Hiya
Will the baby be in a moses basket for a bit anyway?

Mason was about 2 when we put him in a bed ( we had a cotbed first) and he LOVED it, it was great, buying him a new quilt cover etc he was so excited!
I'd just wait and see what happens we have on of those bed guard things, they are great.

Yeah the baby will, but I don't want to be taking Damien out and putting him in a new bed when new baby gets here incase he gets jealous that the baby is suddenly taking it away from him.

Dior is still in her cot, im in no rush to change to a bed. when she wakes in the morning she will happily sit in her cot and talk and play for a hr or so. if she had a bed the min she woke she would be trashing her room. she has a cot bed so its pretty big, Harley has a normal cot

So a cot bed could the best thing then dya think Dionne? That way I can turn it into a bed later on?

whats damo in at the moment? cot bed ot cot?

Just a cot, I want to make the switch when I'll be about 5 or 6 months pregnant, as I was only 7.5 last time I gave birth. I want to give him plenty of settling in time.

ild buy damo a new cot bed give new baby damos cot, then when damo is ready for a bed you take the sides of. new baby will be in the cot till about 1? by then damo will be coming on 3. then by damo a proper bed and give new baby the cot bed?

thats what iv done Diors in big cot bed but still with sides on Harley is in little cotthen when Harley out grows little cot he will have cot bed and get Dior a big girls bed.

look in the back of your local paper for a cheap cot bed i always see them between £20-£50
i got Harleys little cot 2nd hand its in great condition too just got him a new mattress

Braydon has a cot bed and i think that if u got one for damo he could have that and bubs could have his cot????

i bought beth a toddler bed when i was about 34ish weeks pregnant i got her to help put it together choose the covers etc and *touch wood* have yet to have a problem with it - i havent put a bed guard on it neither i just put a big soft blanket down next to the bed just incase though as yet she has never fallen out of it. I put a stairgate on the bedroom door and make sure its locked at night when she wakes up in the morning she gets up and plays in her room quite happily for a good hour or so i usually have to go and get her - she is yet to trash the bedroom to (not looking forward to it when she does mind you :lol: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back