How long did it take you to conceive?

hopefulmum2014

Reaction score
Hi, I am on my eighth month of TTC and pretty sure AF is going to arrive any day soon. My partner and I have had all the tests and all is fine, I am 32, fit and healthy. I read on here some people conceive first month or even take the pill and come off it and conceive within two months. I have regular cycles between 28-30 days. i just wondered how long it took every one else to conceive? xx

I've been ttc since May 2014 so over 2 years, I got my Bfp March but miscarried in April
Try not to worry hun as it can take healthy couples up to a year to concive
I've got fertility issues so I'm not 'normal '
I know how frustrating it can be my lovely sending big hugs to you
xxxxxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Thank you for your response and kind words Clover, so sorry to hear about your loss. I am hopeful for a BFP for you very soon because you deserve it.

I haven't been on any contraception for over 6 years and always done the withdrawal method or avoided ov time however before I was TTC I thought ov time was just day 14-16 now I realise the fertile window is much longer than that, and now TTC for 8 months with clear results from doctors I can't understand why it hasn't happened before xx

I'm 43 and been ttc for 18 months, when I was early 30's I conceived my first within 3 months, second the same and my 3rd literally just had sex once and bam ! that was literally 6 weeks after having my 2nd so for a few weeks a year they are the same age lol, that was hard work, much like having twins ! xx

Can I ask only if you don't mind, when you get a positive opk, what pattern do / did you usually BD? xxx

Can I ask only if you don't mind, when you get a positive opk, what pattern do / did you usually BD? xxx

I never used anything to conceive my previous 3, no vitamins, no opks, nothing. This time I'm trying everything and nothing is working. I get positive opks anything from day 10-16. The months my oh is here we try just before the positive opk, during the opk and 3 days after. My problem is my eggs are old so less than 5% chance for me grrrrr. xx

I'm on 7th month TTC and had a chemical pregnancy this cycle. It took about 3 months with my last when I was 32. It can take a while especially if you are both working full time etc.

Exactly a year for us and we have no issues.. I'm assuming we don't as we haven't had tests done and conceived. It varies between every couple.
How people get pregnant on one night stands baffle me now lol xxx

About 14 months ... still waiting for my take home baby x

Exactly a year for us and we have no issues.. I'm assuming we don't as we haven't had tests done and conceived. It varies between every couple.
How people get pregnant on one night stands baffle me now lol xxx
Tigeress is that one year of TTC before you got your BFP? So you had all the tests as well and they came back fine? How old are you if you don't mind me asking and do you have regular periods? You have made me feel a bit more positive thank you :) its hard isn't it because cant help thinking if all tests fine and reg periods why hasn't it happened. Congratulations by the way :) xxxx

I'm on 7th month TTC and had a chemical pregnancy this cycle. It took about 3 months with my last when I was 32. It can take a while especially if you are both working full time etc.
Thank you Pambi, sorry to hear about your Chemical Pregnancy xxx

Can I ask only if you all don't mind, when you get a positive opk, what pattern do / did you usually BD? xxx

We BD every day on the 2 or 3 days leading up to and including the temp rise day. Every other day before and after that. If I get a positive OPK and its a weekend we might have a cheeky second effort when my toddler goes down for a nap! :)

Last edited:
We are in 4 years ttc our first. Took 18 months for our first bfp, then lost at just over 6 weeks. Another 15 months until our next bfp, lost that one between 5-6 weeks. After that we had 6 rounds of clomid treatment to try to speed things up but it hasn't worked so back to the drawing board.

We dtd a lot normally, we go every other day pretty much all cycle then every day for about 10 days over my fertile window. I don't have a regular cycle so it is difficult to tell when to go for it! I ov within hours of getting a positive opk, so by the time I've got it I hope we have dtd every day up to that point. We then carry on every day for another 2/3 days ish, just in case. I think this is why we have managed to get pregnant in spite of irregular cycles and we are hoping for another one soon and hopefully this next one I can convert to a baby!

Two years ttc with a previous partner, over three years trying to concieve with my fiance, so yeah over five years in total, I have endrometriosis tho and am currently on the waiting list for ivf, should be getting called up for it in november or december.

It took us 3 years, but I was over stressed for 2 of them, that stressed my periods where irregular. I'm hoping it doesn't take that long for no 2 xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back