Currently feeling hopeless, how long did it take YOU to conceive?

JellybeanIWant

Reaction score
As many of you ladies know as I've posted about my background history etc know, I miscarried in December we got pregnant 2 months into our method of NOT TRYING, NOT PREVENTING.

Now we are activly trying and I feel hopeless, we arent getting pregnant, it feels as if I'm going to be one of those women who have problems conceiving (no offence meant to anyone with fertility problems) I just feel as if why is it happening and why does it happen to slags who have one night stands and get pregnant straight away?

How long after you started actively trying to conceive, did you infact conceive?

<3 xoxo

:hug: it does seem very unfair that everyone around you can get pregnant straight away and you're still trying. Getting pregnant isn't as easy as everyone thinks.

It took us two and half years to conceive my 2nd child. I was diagnosed with secondary infertility and no reason as to why this should happen.

This time around caught us completely unaware. We weren't actively trying, and it was a big shock as we didn't think we'd get pregnant without medical assistance.

Maybe your body is still adjusting after having a miscarriage? Have faith, you know you can conceive it's just a matter of time now.

Hi there!! Im getting fed up with trying too so your not alone sweetie!! I am on my 5th month but never been pregnant so wondering if I ever will!! (plus this month I am due on my birthday so there are going to be tears!!) I read that 90% of women fall pregnant within a year so although it may take a while, from those figures we are both very normal!!
Try and relax and enjoy your baby making!!
xxxxxxxx

Hi jellybean I feel exactly the same as you and I'm sure many other people on here do too!! It will happen for you at least you, you have been pregnant before so there is no reason why you won't again!! Stay positive and just enjoy all the practising!! X

I think most of the ladies here feel the same a you JB. When me and my Oh first decided we wanted a baby it was so hard because we only had limited time to :bd: as hes a marine engineer and goes away to sea for weeks at a time it was a little over a year before i got my first:bfp: but sadly lost twins at 8 weeks:cry: It took a further 6 months until i got another :bfp:this time i went on to have a beautiful little girl:yay: my oh has changed jobs and is home every night so we tried for a second baby it took me a few tries to get a :bfp: but i got one in march sadly i lost the baby this week so we are trying again. dont loose hope it will happen for you hun heres a big :hugs:and loads of sticky :dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Try & stay positive, it's never a case of 'if' its 'when' you fall pregnant

I know it's a cliche but good things come to those who wait & also, will most probably happen when you least expect it

Keep relaxed & stay upbeat, we are all here for you

xxxx

If u do have fertility issues I'm sure they will be identified and you'll be helped. I stopped the pill in January 2010. I was diagnosed with Pcos in November 2010 and operated on in december 2010. I subsequently got pregnant but miscarried in January 2011. I'm pregnant again now. A lot of us have obstacles to overcome and frustration to get thru, but you'll get there Hun xxx

I got pregnant after 7 months TTC sadly MC at 6 weeks. Keep trying hun you will get there.

Hi girls, thanks for your replies.

Yeah I know first we tried to conceive for 3 months and after 2 months of just enjoying :bd: and not thinking too much about actually getting pregnant, we were pregnant, it's so hard to just enjoy sex and not think about having a baby I know that sounds stupid but now I've been pregnant it makes it ten times harder to just sit back and relax :(

I hope it happens soon, :dust: to all of you who are TTC and sorry for the losses to the girls who've miscarried :( xxxx

With our 1st it took about 9 or 10 months, this time round I'm on cycle 19.

First time around it happened straight away. This time i'm on third month of trying. It will happen, it is hard to be patient though, i know xx

there is nothing worse than being to told to 'relax and it will happen' if i had a pound for everytime i heard that!!! it took me 10 months and i wasn't more 'relaxed' on that month!

all i can say though is that in the time i have been on here so many women say at 4 or 5 cycles 'its taking so long' or 'what's wrong with me' and then within a few cycles they are off to tri 1! i hope it happens for u soon, i know its so frustrating! xx

me and OH are activley trying since october10. and nothing so far. apparently there is nothing wrong some people just find it harder to concieve.

i wish you all the luck in the world my lovely. :dust: :dust:

I know how you feel :(.

Ive only been trying a few weeks and my hormones are still pretty much all over the place since ive only been of my birth control for 3 weeks about there. I thought id be pregnant in no time but ill tell you something, its not as easy as everyone makes it out to be.

It does seem so unfair when everyone you knows getting pregnant and not even trying!, it does suck!..:(

I hope you get your result soon hun xx

i got my bfp on thursday!!! so we were trying for 6 months!

i found it was the one month that i didn't stress out! Relax and don't obsess (i know its so hard) and it WILL happen for you!! x x x x

:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

It took us 6 months of actively trying the month we said If it didn't happen that month we would put of ttc for a while there i was already pregnant! x

Hey ladies I feel the same too and all these stories are positive. I am only on cycle 3 but since coming off pill in feb my cycles were 36 and 33 days with a short lp. People say don't worry but I can't help worrying i will have problems and thinking something is wrong. I guess it's just normal and we will get there :) xx

it feels as if I'm going to be one of those women who have problems conceiving (no offence meant to anyone with fertility problems) I just feel as if why is it happening and why does it happen to slags who have one night stands and get pregnant straight away?

Shouldn't you add no offence meant to any of the slags out there too? lol :lol:

I'm going on for 5 years NTNP and omg nearly 1 year of actual ttc :shock:

It's not so bad being infertile really. I'm much better of just knowing...

The not knowing and waiting and maybe's, they'll drive you insane.

it feels as if I'm going to be one of those women who have problems conceiving (no offence meant to anyone with fertility problems) I just feel as if why is it happening and why does it happen to slags who have one night stands and get pregnant straight away?

Shouldn't you add no offence meant to any of the slags out there too? lol :lol:.

lol fine no offence to any of the slags too :D xx

I always asked that question hun. Both me and the people around me did, because they could see how down I was getting about it all. Me and Daniel were trying for over a year when we conceived. We actually conceived when we stopped TTC. We decided that we're young and have all our life together to have babies so for the time being we should just concentrate on our medical careers. We were still having unprotected sex but then we had a chat about using contraceptives in case of a pregnancy. Low and behold, my period was late and a little bean was growing inside me.

I wish you all the best with TTC and don't give up hope. Many times I told myself there was something wrong with me or perhaps I just wasn't meant to be a mum. I was silly for thinking that because I am going to be a mum in 8 months time :) I certainly hope so anyway.

Good luck. It will happen when you least expect it! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back