These figures!

slimmingmeg

Reaction score
I'm sure you've all Googled and found this before, and I've become a bit obsessed with it!

How long does it usually take to get pregnant?
In general, a fertile couple has a good chance of getting pregnant within a year, as out of 100 couples trying to conceive naturally:
20 will conceive within one month
70 will conceive within six months
85 will conceive within one year
90 will conceive within 18 months
95 will conceive within two years
Bear in mind that these statistics are only averages. Some couples have a high monthly fertility. This means that they have a higher than average chance of getting pregnant within any given month. They are likely to fall pregnant quickly, probably within a few months.

Other couples have a low monthly fertility. This means that they have a lower than average chance of getting pregnant within any given month. They are likely to take longer to get pregnant.

Taking up to two years to get pregnant is normal for some couples. It may feel far from normal if it's happening to you. But it doesn't necessarily mean you have a fertility problem. About half of the couples who don't get pregnant within a year will conceive the following year, if they keep trying.
From http://www.babycentre.co.uk/preconception/activelytrying/howlongwillittake/

To me this sounds like eventually, any couple can get pregnant, if they just keep trying. But surely that's not true? Surely some couples will just never get pregnant, no matter how long they keep dtd year after year? Sorry ladies I've become slightly obsessed with these figures!! :whistle: What do you think about them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back