Currently feeling hopeless, how long did it take YOU to conceive?

I also don't think she should say no offence to the slags out there.
I was a 'slag' once and although now a 'slag' to me means something out of a video game called World of Warcraft, I was a total fool one time and I'm fortunate that I never got pregnant. My mistake for being such a twat, but I'm certainly glad I didn't bring a 'mistake' into this World.

Plus I think it kinda works if you have sex with a load of different men.
My OLD friends have hundreds of babies now!
xxx

I always asked that question hun. Both me and the people around me did, because they could see how down I was getting about it all. Me and Daniel were trying for over a year when we conceived. We actually conceived when we stopped TTC. We decided that we're young and have all our life together to have babies so for the time being we should just concentrate on our medical careers. We were still having unprotected sex but then we had a chat about using contraceptives in case of a pregnancy. Low and behold, my period was late and a little bean was growing inside me.

I wish you all the best with TTC and don't give up hope. Many times I told myself there was something wrong with me or perhaps I just wasn't meant to be a mum. I was silly for thinking that because I am going to be a mum in 8 months time :) I certainly hope so anyway.

Good luck. It will happen when you least expect it! xxx

Aw I'm so glad you've finally conceived hun! :)

I'm going to try OPK's next month I think just to see what the big deal about them is. I just find it hard to not stress about it :( although this month I'm not stressing as much as usually I'm looking at symptoms etc and this month I'm not holding much hope for it tbh :(

xxx

Thank you! I too am very happy, although it is such a surprise.

My periods were irregular so although I should have used OPK's, I never got round to using them. I did take a herbal supplement called Agnus Castus though. I believe that helped me conceive.

Good luck to you again, Try to think positive about it all. xxx

I also don't think she should say no offence to the slags out there.
I was a 'slag' once and although now a 'slag' to me means something out of a video game called World of Warcraft, I was a total fool one time and I'm fortunate that I never got pregnant. My mistake for being such a twat, but I'm certainly glad I didn't bring a 'mistake' into this World.

...what? :roll:

Jelly seemed to be using the term slag as someone who was quick to get pregnant without trying to, not as a critism of someone else's lifestyle choices which is what you are making it into.

I read that Jelly meant slags who go out shagging every one and get pregnant.
I have always said that whilst I was TTC.

Why would any person who hasn't needed to try for a baby be branded a slag? :S
She said 'slags who have one night stands and get pregnant'. It's upsetting to think after a long time of trying for a baby with your partner, some young girl out there can just pick up someone after a drunken night and get a baby out of it.

TiffanyJaynexo is right I meant it as - me, someone who is TTC with a partner I've been with for nearly two years compared to i.e a girl I know who slept with 4 men in 7 days and is now 6 months pregnant and has no idea who the father of her baby is that's what I was using the word "slag" for.

Yeah your right TJxo it's really hard and I'll admit I might be a horrid person for being a tiny bit resentful to girls who get pregnant by "mistake" by having sex with lots of different men and what angers me more is they take pregnancy for granted, most (not all) still smoke, drink, take drugs and continue to put themselves and unborn babies at risk by having sex (without a condom) with men they don't know.

I'm truly sorry if that statement has hurt anyone's feelings, but it's the way I feel as me and my OH want a child more than anything and yes maybe if I did sleep around with Tom, Dick and Harry I'd get pregnant quicker but I want a stable future for my children.

If you read it back Hun there was no question over what you meant x

You can call me Tiffany or Tiff :D
You don't sound like a horrid person at all hun. I don't think you should say sorry to 'slags' for calling them 'slags'. I felt exactly the same when I was TTC. All the girls I used to know (who were still being silly with their lives) were having babies and it made me terribly furious. It's one of the main reasons why I thought there was something wrong with me. When a girl can get pregnant without counting dates, calculating cycles, checking her temperature and CM every day, taking horrible herbs and doing things women in TTC do, it made me think, "Well there must be something wrong with me because I'm counting dates, I'm calculating cycles, I'm taking horrible herbs every day and nothing is happening".

Funny how the world goes round eh? :p
xxx

Polly P - It wasn't that just I thought I'd offended Louise because of what was getting said so I was just saying how I wasn't being judgemental was just venting out my anger at the time.

Tiff - Exactly when I wrote the thread I was having a bad day where I sat there and thought why am I having to work out when I ovulate and my fertile days and researching accuracy of OPK test strips when some other girl who doesn't even want a child, has sex with countless amount of men and finds out she's pregnant and thanks, I really ain't a horrid person and I never like to offend anyone :) xx

With my daughter she was conceived within the first month. With the twins it was the 5th month (none in the family) I remember being so frustrated that month as I was using OPK'S and they hadn't showed any positives and look what happpened to me :lol: It's a horribly stressful business I think everyone feels the same, hopefully your time will come soon :dance:

Lol I'd love to have twins infact I have a HIGH chance of twins as both my mum and dad are twins themselves lol! :D xx

That reads sooooooo wrong but I understand what you mean! ;) xx

I fell pregnant in the first month of trying with a donor. :) feel very lucky to have fell pregnant so quickly! There was a question over my chances because I had very bad dysfunctional uterine bleeding a few years ago and lost so much blood I needed 4 blood transfusions.
Actually feel a bit guilty for falling so quickly when I read some of the girls struggling in here :(

I fell pregnant in the first month of trying with a donor. :) feel very lucky to have fell pregnant so quickly! There was a question over my chances because I had very bad dysfunctional uterine bleeding a few years ago and lost so much blood I needed 4 blood transfusions.
Actually feel a bit guilty for falling so quickly when I read some of the girls struggling in here :(

Don't feel guilty, we're all made up for you hun xx

Don't feel guilty, we're all made up for you hun xx

Awww thank you cosmic :)

Should never feel guilty hun! God decides when all us ladies are ready to be mummies :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back