how long after mc was confirmed did you start to feel normal again physically?

FebMum2Be

Reaction score
I started bleeding the 5th march and up until about a week ago I was still passing clots. I have had weird discharge and the past 2 days im having pains just like when I was miscarrying. Could this be my period deciding to make its way? This feels like it has been going on for so long now.

Hope you're all feeling ok x

with my first (at 7weeks) I only bled like a normal period had a bit of bachache and some tummy pains for like one day.....but the bleeding stopped after 5 days and I felt completely ok.

with my second (at 10 weeks) I bled very heavily for 24 hours - with contraction type pain and bad cramps - but the next day the bleeding subsided and no more pain. bleed lightly for 6 more days then 2 weeks of on and off brown spotting, but no pain etc.

i just had chemical pregnancy - bfp one day and bright red bleeding the next- but never had cramps or anything as it was so early I guess.

I would say though that I felt ok after a week with my losses.

Have you been checking with hpt to see if your hcg levels are at zero yet (negative test) have you got a fever or any symptoms that could suggest that you have an infection? the weird discharge and pain could indicate that - I would get checked over by your gp just to be safe :)

I have another scheduled epu appointment on wednesday, at the last appointment the pregnancy test was still positive. Thank you for your reply, im so sorry youve had such a rough time xxxx

God my first loss was epic. Started spotting at 5w, had appointments at 5w, 6w, 7w for internals and all confirmed pregnancy wasn't progressing as it should BUT no-one could tell me when I would miscarry. I started to bleed just after 8w, had a few days of heavy bleeding and then bled lightly for about another 2 months :shock:

All in from spotting to not having any bleeding at all it was over 3 months.

I took iron tablets (with OJ to help absorb the iron) and just tried to keep myself healthy.

I hope things go OK at the EPU tomorrow hun.

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
With my first which was between 5 and 10 weeks never had iTnproperly confirmed as had confusion with tests and 3 scans over 3 weeks with very little growth and confirmation that I had a mmc at an unknown gestation I had Erpc and bled heavy fir a week then on and off for 3-4 weeks , with second at 10 weeks another mmc baby stopped at 7-8 weeks I needed another Erpc bled one day that was it but took 7 weeks to ovulate again,3rd I was 4+5 and was like a normal af xx

Thanks for your replies ladies, my appointment is at 10.40. I hate having scans now, I have had more scans since I have lost the baby than I did when I was pregnant. I hope I get some sort of good news today.. I really don't want to go back until I have a happy reason to.

You girls have been through so much, I was worrying because everyone I read about we're saying it was just like a period but the bleeding and clots and gushes have been horrific I thought something was wrong. Thank you for sharing, I know it's not easy xxxxx

I know what you mean - each time I left the EPU scan room I was saying to myself I never want to come back here - I just want to go to the normal antenatel routine scan now!

If I ever have to go back there again I think I will be a mess sitting in that room all over again!

It's hard for me as the scan place fir epu is the same as the happy scans I've had in the past and going bk there is so distressing :-( ... Hope u get some gd news today x

Hope u had some good news yest hunni x

Yesterday went "well". They are happy with my womb and my pregnancy test was negative. Its the best out of a bad situation but its heartbreaking seeing a blank screen when my little bean was there only a few weeks ago with its heart flickering away. No more appointments so I feel I can start to pick myself back up and try moving on. X

Last edited:
Yesterday went "well". They are happy with my womb and my pregnancy test was negative. Its the best out of a bad situation but its heartbreaking seeing a blank screen when my little bean was there only a few weeks ago with its heart flickering away. No more appointments so I feel I can start to pick myself back up and try moving on. X

Aww Hun I'm so sorry I hope u can find the strength to try again my thoughts are with you xxx

Glad appointment went as well as could be.
Good you finally have neg tests , much more cut and dry if uou ttc again soon.
Could your pains be ov pains? As you need to have no hcg in your system to start oving?

Xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back