Physically How Did you Feel?

Discussion in 'Coping with Miscarriage & Loss' started by CharlieOne, Nov 18, 2007.

1. CharlieOne

CharlieOne Well-Known Member

I am a little more than worried about myself, everyone keeps telling me to rest but after being such an active person its hard, but i am resting but im just wondering how others have physically felt having going thro a miscarriage?

I began spotting last Sunday, was in and out of Hopstail and finally began Miscarriaging Wedesday night, i lost a hell of alot of blood before being seen Thrusday morning for a scan, etc, i was then given tablets i think to ease the bleeding (?) i was so out of it i cant remember, the bleeding now is only a small amount but still there, on Thrusday morning i collasped, and in the afternoon after getting back from the hosptail collasped which i was told just due to the amount of blood i had lost.....

I feel extremely weak, pale, still have pains in my side, if i do too much (which is hardly anything) i start to feel light headed, dizzy etc, and tonight have felt so panicy and my chest so tight, i dont want to be left alone...at anytime and i must have someone with me even to go to the loo and im not sure why??? I feel so scared, and i cant explain why???

Right now i cant sleep, my chest still feels a little tight but im trying to forget that because if i panic im making it worse.....

I am going to see a doctor next week to get signed off work, but i just dont know if what im going thro is normal??? Help me..... :cry:

2. jayla's mummy

jayla's mummy Well-Known Member

hun im so sorry for your loss i dnt knw wot to say. hope everything is ok soon and your feeling your self soon. the ladies in the miscarriage section of this forum r so kind and can help you through this time.
    :hug:
    xnatx

3. CB23

CB23 Well-Known Member

So sorry :hug: :hug:

I can only speak from my own experience but it does sound like you are going through a far harder time with the physical side of it. I started spotting, it was confirmed 'no baby' (I was in Germany so language difficulties) 3 days later, the bleeding didn't start properly until a week later and then continued for about a week and a half and it was, for me, just like a heavier, longer period. Slightly more cramping than normal but not unbearable. I was 9 weeks when the spotting started but the scan back in the UK showed baby had stopped developing at just 5 weeks.

I would get to the doctor as early as you can in the week to get signed off and to have your temps, blood pressure etc checked.

:hug: again

4. Slinky Sarah

Slinky Sarah Well-Known Member

i didnt have a right lot of bleeding to be honest...only bled for about 3 days. I was about 8-9 weeks. I think everything else you are feeling like not being wanting to be alone are to be expected really. After a loss of any kind i always wanted someone near me, even if it ment driving to someone elses house.
    I would say go back to the doctors about the tight chest and still feeling week. Maybe if you tried one of those multi-vitamin tonics like metatone or something like that. It might help give you a little boost and get you some strength back.
    I really hope you feel better soon and please PM me if you just need a chat :hug: :hug: :hug:

5. libs

libs Well-Known Member

I had agonising pain, to the point of panicking - I didn't know I was m/c thought it was just a late period and I had v painful periods but this was way more than I had ever known. I bled for about 5-6 days v heavily.
    I could virtually feel the hormone rush and that made me a little tired - I know I struggled with work over those days as I was soooo tired.

I was just over 6 weeks

If you're not sure everythings ok hun - go to the doctors :hug:

6. CharlieOne

Thank you all for your replies......i am going to the doctors this week so hopefully can just talk to someone and make sure im ok, you know...

No i never got get blood tests done :( Just kept having my blood pressure taken.......

7. KateQPR

KateQPR Well-Known Member

i know exactly how you feel...spent friday night and saturday in hospital going through the worst pain ever, low blood pressure, on a drip as i was dehydrated. Am still tucked up on the sofa feeling weak, dizzy, exhausted and teary, but still bleeding and slightly crampy.

Am taking tomorrow off work as i just dont feel right, and still have to go for scan next week. I think sometimes it just takes a while for your body to get over it. It's defintely been physically more traumatic than i ever imagined, given i was only just over 6 weeks.

Hope you feel better soon

Kate x

8. CharlieOne

Kate, I am sorry to hear of your lost too, yes it unbelievable how much pain etc ive been in too and i was only a late 7 weeks too....

I have been told to take a couple of weeks off work due to my job being so physical until i am 100 per cent, as i can only walk about abit and then i feel so out of breath and tried :( Yesterday i felt so bad because i did too much thro it didnt feel like it, has i hardly did a thing :( I just cant believe how much its taken out of me and thats only in body, my mental health is even worse :cry:

9. Emma79

Emma79 Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss.

I think from what you've said, its a good idea to stay off work and give yourself time to grieve.

When I m/c I was admitted to hospital overnight with heavy bleeding and put on a drip as my pulse was racing, I think they said due to shock and blood loss. Over the next couple of days the bleeding got lighter & I tried to kid myself I was ok but as soon as DH returned to work and I was home alone, I completely broke down and I ended up seeing the doc who had to take my blood pressure 3 times before it was anywhere near normal; he said it was a mix of hormones, stress and adrenaline, and gave me a 2 wk sick note.

I think although you may start to feel better physically, its so important to deal with things mentally so I would definitely say give yourself some time away from work & look after yourself.

Take care x

10. CharlieOne

Thanks Emma, im just glad im not the only one feeling how i do, i hate to make a fuss over things and truelyfully ive kept alot of pain out of show of others, when i was in A&E i felt stupid, i felt there where people worse than me and i was taking their time up! :oops:

I still feel compelety silly when people start to fuss, and about going doctors, i dont want to mess people about when im ok you know? :(

11. Slinky Sarah

i'v pm'ed you chick xxx

12. CharlieOne

Thank you, ill let you know when i get it has nothing has come up yet....

13. Slinky Sarah

had this problem the other day...ill try sending it again...

14. CharlieOne

Thank you Sarah i recieved your PM and sent you a PM back :hug:

15. Slinky Sarah

hope your ok after our chat....here anytime you want to talk rememeber that...take care chick...here are all them hugs for you
    :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :)

16. CharlieOne

Aww Thanks Sarah, Sending you has many Hugs back too! :hug: