Bleeding after MC when to use tampons

netty

Reaction score
Hey ladies bit of a TMI thread I'm still passing big clots and bleeding heavily after
Miscarrying Friday morning and I just wondered about things to look out for like volume of bleeding, pain etc when should I use tampons again I hate pads

My back is killing me along with low stabbing pains still although not as bad as before but i am on strong painkillers last night the pain woke me. I keep worrying about infection

I'm feeling real emotional i just don't know what to do can't face work I'm taking this badly at times it's very up and down for me today is a very black day

I don't think u can use tampons with any of the mc bleeding, due to the chance of infection. So it will be ur first AF before u can use them again! It drove me insane as I had to use pads or pantyliners for the whole 11 weeks I was bleeding.

So sorry ur having a rough day and that ur still getting pains, big hugs :hugs: xx

Hun, you cant use tampons. I had to get pads and use them until bleeding stopped, with tampons the risk of infection is increased. Hope it eases soon x

Cheers hun just at times i can't believe thats it.... All my plans and visions and feelings are just gone. It's so unfair I will feel better soon I just can't deal with work tomorrow I need a bit more time I think

if you think you need the time then you definitely do. trust your body and don't feel guilty, take the time and try and absorb and deal with everything. its a physical AND emotional rollercoaster, 2 days back at work and i felt like i'd been hit by a train. take your time xxx

Thanks I thought I'd be ok but now that works looms tomorrow im am terrified! Thanks for saying don't feel guilty cox that's all I feel and I don't know why?

It is so hard to have all ur hopes and dreams ripped away from u in just seconds, we had so much time to get used to the idea and plan big changes all for it to disappear. Give urself time to heal it takes time and don't rush it. I really do feel for u, and I dont know what to say cos I know it doesn't make things any better, but I can offer some huge cyber hugs :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: xxx

Definitely take time for urself, I was off work for 3 weeks. Just couldn't face going back, and when I did I was so nervous like I was a new colleague starting a new job and not been there for 4 years. xx

Last edited:
guilt seems to be a natural state for women accentuated by anything to do with having LOs. At least thats how I feel and found it hard to take time off, I worked from home instead of taking sick leave when I probably should have taken leave. there is nothing to feel guilty for (she says!) you are entitled to take that time for the car crash of feelings you are going through, :hug: xx

I just think people will think I am being silly as baby was only 10 weeks I always thought I would handle this but that little baby was mine it had a face in
My minds eye and I had everything all planned out. I feel at such a loss like I have nothing to do now
Baby's gone, everything I used to do seems so unimportant now, this has definitely changed me as a person I know it will make ne stronger eventually

i've found some people have understood, others have been just like that, oh it was so early it can't be that bad (some girls who haven't been pregnant have been amazingly supportive but the only people making light of my feelings have not been there themselves). It is about finding it in yourself to try and ride above them and believe your own feelings. they are genuine and justified, whatever they are, and i think they differ for all of us! xx

Hun you gotta grieve. It doesn't matter how far on you were there was a baby growing inside your body and it didn't survive. It will take time for you to feel physically and emotionally stable enough to go back to work. I had to have 3 weeks after d&c and it was only at that stage I felt a cloud lifted and knew I could go back. It was still hard but I survived it.

Look after yourself and take whatever time you need to feel strong enough before going back to work. xxx

Thanks I thought I'd be ok but now that works looms tomorrow im am terrified! Thanks for saying don't feel guilty cox that's all I feel and I don't know why?

Ahh Lynette,
so natural to feel guilty, this baby was growing in your body,so you must of done something to stop it growing?
This is exactly how i felt for my first mmc, and like you i found out at 12wk scan. truly devastating. Your just looking for reasoning, was it when i got really angry, was it when I lifted that.....
But my 2nd I know I didnt do anything I was so so so careful, Heatlhy eating , Ive taken folic acid etc for year and half , Was holding my tummy and talking to my baby every day (nuts eh!), anything I could to send love and hope that all would be ok.
But my early scan this time showed it had happened again.
There really is nothing you can do.
And 10 wks is a long way in, and two more more weeks and it would of been fully formed and just grows from that point on.
People who say that just really have no idea!!
One girl said to me 'well some might say it wasnt even a baby,
I was fuming, but kept my head held high and calmly said
'well I sincerely hope it never happens to you one day, and you were never even pregnant with a baby that you then lost'
and walked away.
Not sure if it really made sense but made me fell better' insensitive twat!!'

xxx

thanks corrinne, got docs tomorrow to get a sick note, my cramps are still intense and i am bleeding so heavily its stupid. My stomach is so sore to touch it feels like i have done a thousand sit ups :-( are there warning signs for anykind of infection or that something is not going as it should. Anyone know when my boobs will stop hurting too its a constant reminder :-(

Your body needs to rid itself of the hormones hun then your symptoms will die down :(

So sorry you are going through this.

Think its best that you go docs and get sick note, take some time to chilll..

From the second we find out we are pregnant we plan for those babies, doesnt matter how far gone you are it happens it still hurts as much :(

I found after my first MC that I went back to work normally and tried to pretend that everything was ok...then one day it hit me like a brick wall so please, please hun take your time xxxxx

thankshun, i am still stunned i think. Being pregnant just filled up my life, and now its gone i just dont know how to feel or what to do. I am very absent minded atm and keep wandering around the house tidying things that dont need tidyang and forgetting why i went into rooms etc.

Thats me right now too! Not sure really how I feel, pretty pissed off tbh. xx

yeah i am angry too :-( hugs for all you girlies its all i can do atm not to polish off that bottle of wine i have in kitchen.

yes you dont want to start that in the day hun, tonight to help you sleep. xxx

try and find some distraction, i know its hard, i couldn't focus on anything for a weeks post mc, i was rubbish at work.

well i ordered myself a new dress as i am going to cornwall this weekend for a wedding and a getaway, also got my self a waist cincher ( like what gok wan uses ) bit expensive but works a miracle. So i am planning to try and look gorgeous saturday and keep my chin up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back