How do you organise an early scan

floridagirl

Reaction score
Hi,
I have noticed a few people have booked an early scan. Do you book this privately? How do you go about it? And at what week would you have it done? I was thinking at about week 9

I had an early scan done with this pregnancy at 8 weeks, and it was at my hospital's early pregnancy centre. I asked my doctor if I could have the early scan as a few months earlier I'd had a miscarraige and was anxious about this pregnancy. The hospital agreed to scan me early no problem, and it was so reassuring. You can get it done privately, but obviously at a cost. 8 or 9 weeks is a good time to get the scan as they should beable to see something by then and assess viability. xx

yes u can pay and go private x

Google local ultrasound businesses in your area. An early scan is around £60 x

I had mine at 7+1 with a company called babybond £99 but well worth the reassurance! X

Babydust to all

It depends - if you have suffered previous mc's your GP may refer you for an early scan. Also if you are bleeding and/or having pain you can contact your local EPU who may arrange to see you. If all is well but you just want reassurance you can book a private scan which normally cost around £100 give or take. Good luck :)

Wow £100, they're £60 by me (north west) :shock:

That is some difference :shock:
There is one place down here that does them for about 70 quid as far as I know but trying to get an appointment there is ridiculous! Everywhere else I checked out is around the £100 mark :mad:
Another London rip off!

I had a private scan at 8 weeks with a company called reassure3D. Their viability scans are £80 xxx

My piece of shit galaxy ace

Where abouts are you Cosmicgirl? I live in the North West, has my scan in St Helens £65. I rang and they booked me in 4 days later :)

My private scan was £99 in London (it was amazing though, we had a full 30 minutes ans heard HB and everything!!)

Due to having 3 previous miscarriages I had a scan at 7w 1d on NHS and my private one at almost 10 weeks.

Sadly NHS scans are normally only offered if there are problems (cramping and bleeding) or you have a history of m/c. I was told I only got the early scan as I'd had 3 losses :shock:

I would book a private scan - anytime after 7 weeks

xxxxxx

We booked a private scan in for 7 weeks (£120) as by time the NHS had an early scan I would of been 11 weeks.

Ended up in A&E at 6 weeks where they kept me in.

Ah well saved us £120.

Where abouts are you Cosmicgirl? I live in the North West, has my scan in St Helens £65. I rang and they booked me in 4 days later :)

I'm in Liverpool but I went to take a peek in St Helen's x

What's the earliest a scan could show up something? Is 8 weeks the earliest?

A scan from 5 weeks would show the sac but to see a heartbeat I think your probably looking at about 6 weeks.

Ok thank you, I'm so nervous I definitely think I'm going to pay to have one early, just to put my mind at rest

A scan from 5 weeks would show the sac but to see a heartbeat I think your probably looking at about 6 weeks.

I'd wait until 7 weeks, just in-case your ovulation dates are a little bit out or you implanted later.

Nothing more frustrating than going at 6w and missing the HB by a few days!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Wow £100, they're £60 by me (north west) :shock:

That is some difference :shock:
There is one place down here that does them for about 70 quid as far as I know but trying to get an appointment there is ridiculous! Everywhere else I checked out is around the £100 mark :mad:
Another London rip off!

I live in manchester and the cheapest I can find is £95
Where can you have it done for 60?

Just google private scans Manchester hun and shop around.
If it's in a private hospital it'll be a LOT more than a private scan at an NHS hospital (hence we was quoted £120 as private hospital as NHS all booked up)

Also around here they say earliest to have an early scan is 7 weeks so they can look for a heartbeat unless you have an emergancy of course :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back