Opinions on Early Scan

tiggy

Reaction score
Hi ladies

What are your opinions on having an early scan?? I am so impatient its unreal so I have booked an early scan at a private hospital near where we live. (Our local hospital is awful so we are thinking of going private anyway for all the scans etc). On the date the scan is booked for I will be 7 weeks 3 days. Is this too early for a scan, do you think its better waiting till I am over 8 weeks or should we be able to see heartbeat etc at 7+3?

Has anyone else had a scan around this point and what was your experience?

Thanks xxx

I would also like to know this. I was thinking of going for 8/9 weeks because I want to see a heartbeat.

I haven't had an early scan and did think about it but oh and I decided against it. I had an early mc in feb and had a scan at what would have been 6 weeks and from the research I did they should be able to see a heartbeat at this stage. I think i found a site through google that shows you week by week what you can see on an ultrasound x x x

I haven't had an early scan and did think about it but oh and I decided against it. I had an early mc in feb and had a scan at what would have been 6 weeks and from the research I did they should be able to see a heartbeat at this stage. I think i found a site through google that shows you week by week what you can see on an ultrasound x x x

Thanks Mrs CW I will have a look on google and see what I can find xx

I had an early scan at 8 weeks and could hear the heartbeat and see it flashing on screen.
It wa amazing ad was glad I did it as put my mind at rest xxxx

I had an early scan at 8 weeks and could hear the heartbeat and see it flashing on screen.
It wa amazing ad was glad I did it as put my mind at rest xxxx

I had a scan at 7 weeks and we saw the heartbeat and saw the little bean. I had to have an internal ultrasound but it was fine. I had mine on nhs cos I have had 3 previous early mcs. It does put ur mind at rest to see it flickering away.

I waited till 9 / 10 weeks and it was really good, looked like a proper baby and was moving about too!

I thought i was 6 weeks when i booked an early scan, I just wanted to see our little miracle with my own eyes. They couldn't see anything but an empty sac & they then investigated eptopic/hcg levels etc and i had to wait a week till the next scan (with blood tests all week). It was the longest week ever, my hormone levels were iffy aswell. At the second scan we saw everything was perfect and a heartbeat! Bizzarre was just a week out on dates! If i could go back, i wouldn't have had it so early. My advice would be put your mind at rest definately but after your sure your a minimum of 7 weeks (seeing nothing is sooooo awful) Good Luck xx

hi I had one at 5 wks and just saw the sac but went back 12 days later and got heartbeat - they said I was 6 weeks the second time but my dates put me at 6 +4. Most of the info I've read says HB from 6 weeks

They were both NHS but I've booked a private one for Monday because my next NHS isn't till 13 wks and we are visiting family next weekend and wanted to tell them but me being paranoid about everthing wanted some reassurance before we say anything just in case

I say if you want to do it go for it - 12 weeks is a very long wait for your first one otherwise x

It's not worth doing it early as ul just worry urself I'd suggest at 8 weeks or more ESP if u think u got the right date and u haven't!! I went at what I thought by my last af was 10 weeks but I was only 9 by measurements xx

Hi

I couldnt wait either and went for private scan last weekend at 7wk but they actually dated me 6wk5d.

The baby doesnt really look like a baby but a tube sort of shape. In the middle of it there is a little white dot and its the heart fluttering away - that you can definately see.

You can all see the yolk sac, amniotic sac, etc.

They originally done normal US but got a better view with vagina US.

Im glad I went and would recommend it if you want to put your mind at rest.

She told me if i came back at 10.5wk it would definately be baby shape and you will be able to see its face.

Hope this helps.

Thankyou for all your replys I have decided that I am still going to have the early scan just for reassurance that everything is ok however I'm going to ring up tomorrow and move it back a couple of weeks just incase my dates are wrong and I am earlier than I think I am! X

i had one at 6 weeks, and saw the black blob ~(sac) and a little white dot in it (the baby)!!!
then had one at 8 weeks and the whate dot was bigger, and saw the heart beat!
had one at 10 weeks and again, white dot was bigger and saw heart beat!

i loved seeing peanut so early!!!

i had one at 6 weeks, and saw the black blob ~(sac) and a little white dot in it (the baby)!!!
then had one at 8 weeks and the whate dot was bigger, and saw the heart beat!
had one at 10 weeks and again, white dot was bigger and saw heart beat!

i loved seeing peanut so early!!!

Wow Ceris how did you manage to get 3 scans by 10 weeks, did you have to pay for them all??

I had one at 6+3 and could see the heartbeat and heard it, second at 8+3 and saw a clearer heartbeat and a Defo baby shape on the scan. :)

Hi, I had my first scan at 5.5 weeks! I had a misscarriage with my first one at 8 weeks so i'm really paranoid this time. I had a bit of bleeding at 5.5 weeks and so they let me have an early scan. I could see a round blob and its heart beating (but be warned that it has to be an internal scan to see anything before 9 weeks, she said even at 9 weeks they sometimes struggle to see anything with a belly scan and have to go internal).

They were super nice and said I could come back whenever I needed reasurance so I booked another scan for 3 weeks later (nearly 9 weeks) which I had this week and now I can see an actual baby! And I shall still be going back in another 3 weeks for my 12 week scan.

Just tell your doctor you are scared and bleeding and you can get a free scan straight away x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back