• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Early scans?

jodied

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondered if anyone knows how you go about getting an early scan?

When can the scan be done?

Do you have to pay for it?

Sorry to ask lots of questions and be a pain!

Jodie x

They only do scans early if they have reason to, IE if you have bled or are bleeding, If you are in alot of pain of if HCG levels dont seem to be rising.
The can scan from 6 weeks onwards but as i said, to get a scan that early they have to have a reason.
xxx

In that case FX there won't be any reason to have one.

I'm sure I've also heard that there are places that you can go and pay about £50 for an early scan.... might look into it - just to put my mind at rest as I'm already worrying that something is going to go wrong!

i've heard you can pay for them-but not sure of the price.

I had one this time round at around 5 wks then again at 7+1 to confirm my dates as i had no lmp (af) to go by.
As had a MC at 6wks begining of june, then immediately after the MC bleed stopped i fell pregnant again.
The first scan only the yolk sac and gestational sac was visible and then 2 weeks later Hb was visible and i was then told i was 7+1 and due march 16th.

Now 11+1 xxx

congrats btw x

Thanks very much and congrats to you - bet you are looking forward to your next scan now - do you have a date yet - I've heard it can be anywhere between 12 and 15 weeks! x

Hi - as many have said you get a nhs if you have any problems i had one at 8 plus 5 days as had pain and was worried after miscarriage - but have to say couldnt really see anything just very small baby and heartbeat but was reassuring had my dating scan yesterday and omg what a change and how amazing. If you know concerns and everything seems fine i would wait till your dating scan know i will if with any more i have after this one x BTW Congrats and a happy 9 months

Last edited:
you can have early scans from around 6 weeks but you have to pay for them there is private clinics you can go to xx

I had a private early scan at a place called Brayford Studio in Lincoln, it cost £90 I was 6weeks and 4 days (see pic to the left) BUT I was only reassured for about a week before I started worrying again, and I have JUST been told today that my doctor wont issue an early scan :wall2::wall2::wall2::wall2: xxxxx

Thanks ladies

I think I will try and wait for the normal scan then as I would only be reassured temporarily and I might be disappointed about what can be seen on an early scan.

Thanks for your help x

I had a early scan to see the HB at 8 plus 6 and then again at 10 weeks, as I had a missed Mc in march at 11 plus 5, because of the dates I lost that one, I still carried on worring, so may be worth waiting till later on when your really desperate if you have to pay.

Try to spread things out in tri 1 tok use as little milestones to get your to 12 weeks quickly
Eg wait and see docs at 7/8 weeks, midwife for booking in at 10 weeks, then scan won't be long then

i went to my early pregnancy unit at the hospital as i had concerns and a lot of pain so they gave me an internal scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back