how do i use a doppler?

angel87

Reaction score
hi guys, i recieved my doppler today:)
im 9weeks pregnant so i amaware i may not pick anything up,
but how do i use it?where do i put it?
left side or right?
please help!!!!!

The first time you use it I would say first of all don't panic if you can't hear anything!!

Use lots and lots of gel and start right down low (like, practically on the hair line) then move it a tiny bit, about a cm a time in each direction and see if you can hear anything, keep doing this until you find it.

It took me a good 10 mins the first time I used mine and I was 12 weeks xx

Hi, As Katy said you should lie very flat and a full bladder helps as it pushes baby up. I found hb at 9 weeks after a week of playing, but i had a determined night and it took me a good half hour of trying! Just don't panic, especially if its your first as your uterus may still be well behind you pubic bone - mine rose at a fast speed but it is my forth.

well, i hear a heartbeat at 140bpm but only for a few seconds and then it disappears!
also is my hearteat the one at like70-80bpm?

140 will be the baby and the lower one it yours. :) If you get the baby's then keep the transducer in the same place but tilt the angle slightly until it picks it up clearly.

I put my dopp on my pelvic bone first on the right side an worked slowly around that area because at your stage it will would be very low down :D its wonderful in babys heartbeat :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back