Doppler

twinkle84

Reaction score
Hi,
Sorry I know this has been brought up before. Seeing as it seems ages to my scan ive been thinking of getting one of them dopplers. Ive been looking at the Parental Angel Sounds Monitor. I just want to check are they completely safe to use? can you over use them? as it says "The AngelSounds Fetal Doppler is a genuine ultrasound Fetal Doppler which works on the principle of measuring the blood flow through your baby's heart unlike some other dopplers that simply amplify sound". Dont want it sending electrowaves or anything that will harm it! But then I guess they wouldnt sell them! x

I got the hi baby Doppler on a 1 month rental because it's the same one my midwife uses. It says on the leaflet that came with it not to use it more than once every 3 days so am sticking to that.

When I looked up safety of dopplers it just said that there is a worry that the mum may hear sounds that she thinks are a heartbeat but aren't, and so she may end up dismissing any signs that anything is wrong. But couldn't really find anything on other dangers.

The only thing I've heard is don't use it longer than 10mins at a time. It normally takes me longer than that though to find the heartbeat lol. I'm sure if it was unsafe they wouldn't sale them or there would be massive caution writting on the box but there isn't! My mum keeps nagging though saying not to use it too often!
Thier def worth getting though, you can hear the baby kicking too!!!

I have the Angel Sounds doppler, I love it. The heartbeat can be a bit tricky to find at times but I can hear the baby kick loads, money well spent :lol:

I also used the Angel sounds one the first time I was pregnant and loved it, got it cheap off ebay and was worth every penny:dance: Don't remember anything about not using it for longer than 10 mins though :shock:

I have the angel sounds doppler and it's really good. It's getter a little harder to find the HB now as baby keeps moving around and i can hear a lot of moving, bubbles, bangs etc!

They do say try not to use it for more than 10 mins at a time but it can sometimes take a lot longer to find the HB so i use it for more sometimes.

A couple of tips - I find the HB better on a full bladder and start low, along the pubic bone..you'll be surprised at how low baby is!

Annie - The kicks sound like bangs. That's what i'm putting it down to.

Last edited:
I saw they had them to hire on ebay, can also buy them on there a little cheaper. Out of interest do we know why we should only listen for 10 mins at a time? Ow they sound exciting to hear all the little noises. Yodabo thanks for the advice xx

Well the doppler came and I cannot find a heart beat at all. Im not too worried as im only 13 wks and ive not had a dating scan yet so may even only be 12 wks. Anyone who has one do you need to use gel?? or just straight onto your tummy? Also i cant even get my heart beat on it. Just a gushing sound! Is it broken do you think? or am I just not using it right? xx

Use a big blob of the gel and lift it up and put it down in a new place rather than moving it along your tummy as that will cause static. Start above your pubic bone and point it down as though under the pubic bone. Keep it in the same spot but tilt it right and left slowly- hope that helps- let us know how you get on.

Last edited:
Thanks. It didnt come with any gel, said i didnt need any! Where could i get gel from? Ive tried the above but still no luck! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back