Doppler dilemma

Dustydog

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have just bought a Hi Bebe LCD doppler, but I think i am too scared to use it. my OH did tell me to wait until my scan at the end of the month. Do you think I should put it away until then or just get on with it and try it out when OH gets back on Thu, what you think? I think I'm scared of not finding a heartbeat. Why do i do this to myself I don't know. :? dust x :?

Aslong as you prepare yourself in the sense of mind thinking... If I hear it I will take it as a bonus but remember that it is still quite early to hear it.

I thought this and was plesantly surprised dusty.

It is so amazing. I was only 9weeks and 1 day!! :D
If you think you'll worry too much then I'd say leave it. Personally I couldn't wait!! xx

I'd put it away and not try yet tbh. It is very early. The Hi Bebe ones say from 10 weeks but if you have no idea what you are looking for it could cause more worry than good.

Wait till your scan. See where they scan to get an idea where to look yourself. They try after that. Even then it will be hit and miss as baby is still tiny in there.

thanks guys, i think will try to wait but it's difficult when its sat in the back of the draw waiting! So will probably have a go when OH gets back. i have taken you're advice into hand and prepare myself I may not find it as its still early and lots of people have trouble locating it, but will be fun trying I guess.thanks again gives me reassurance lol Dust xxx :hug:

If you are going to try I suggest trying when you are on your own, it took me hours to find the heartbeat 1st time I tried (probably 3 hours or more and I was 16 weeks then). Much better to be on your own and relaxed, as it could take some time!!!

Also see below, some advice I offered to someone else - I promise the heartbeat will be much much lower than you would ever expect!!

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=94325

Thanks Ellebelle, for the sound advice and useful links to past posts was really helpful. I am not going to worry if I can't find it as it is still early and its like finding a needle in a haystack! But it will be fun trying and worth it eventually when i find it probably next month!!! Everyone has been really helpful :wave: Dusty xxx :hug:

I would really try and wait hun, save yourself any unneccessary worry! I had a doppler with my first pregnancy and didnt get the heartbeat until 13 weeks...shortly after i bought it. I sold it after I gave birth so will have to get another but I wont be getting one until about 13 weeks again cos I wont be able to wait if I buy one now! :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back