advice needed, doppler.

Mummy2B2009

Reaction score
Hi guys

thought id use my doppler whilst i was home alone, i firstly used it on my heart, to see what it sounded like, it was a whishing noise, then i tried it on my stomach and heard the same time of thing in same placed t on my lower stomach in same area what was used by midwife.

Was this the heart beat or something similiar???

please advice needed

Hmm im not sure as i dont have a doppler but its supposed to be much faster than your own heartbeat, has the midwife listened to your baby with a doppler?

You are still very early. I'd not even try to use it yet. You will probably only cause yourself worry if you can't find the heartbeat.

You can hear your own heartbeat down in your womb with a doppler. And a whoosing noise could well be the placenta. Your baby heartbeat will be very hard to locate as so tiny still. And so low down in the pubic bone area. Plus baby has so much room to move around it'll probably move away before you even get close. I'd wait a few more weeks yet tbh.

FWIW most MW's won't even try to find the heartbeat before 16 weeks as it can be difficult to locate.

Thanks every, thats fine if its the placenta whooshing, would this still be there in the event of a miscarriage???

I totally agree with Sherlock..........I didnt buy a doppler until I was 16 weeks, and knew the heartbeat could be heard as my midwife checked it at my 15 week appointment.

I certainly wouldnt start checking until at least 12-14 weeks and even then it might be very difficult to hear.

BTW your own heartbeat can be heard in several places, but your babies will be incredibly fast - usually around 120-160bpm which will be much much faster than your own.

I personally would pack the doppler away and wait a few weeks, it took me over 3 hours to find my babies heartbeat when I first tried at 16 weeks and was it was not where I expected it to be! (Its generally very low down, near your public bone in early to mid pregnancy).

Mummy2B2009 said:
Thanks every, thats fine if its the placenta whooshing, would this still be there in the event of a miscarriage???

I can't answer that. I think you need to stop worrying about things. Put the doppler away and wait a few more weeks. If you still feel pregnant take that as a good thing and relax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back