!!!How did your OH react when you told him ur pregnant?????

asma

Reaction score
Hey girls, thought i'd start this off, as i wanted to share with use how much of a emotional and joyous moment it was for us, it's gona be a bit long but i hope use dont mind. Here goes,

We got married in August 2001, we started trying for a baby in Dec 2002, my birthday month :D . I used to have irregular periods, but i was used to that and knew it'd be a bit harder than normal, but we were up for it. A couple of months later i was two weeks later than normal, so of course i thought i might be pregnant, so i bought a test, as we waited for the results, my OH started telling me baby names he likes, i didnt want to upset him, so i was being enthusiastic aswell.

It was negative, and i'll never forget his face :( . He tried to smile for me, but i knew he didnt want me to think he was upset. He's so sweet. So we carried on trying. Over the next 5 years i did so many tests that i lost count :roll: . We had been refferred to our gynacologist, who told us that OH had perfectly healthy semen, but i had polycystic ovaries :? . This put another hurdle in the way, but OH always made me feel better :hug: .

Family would always be at us asking - 'any news yet', then i think they gave up too.

My OH has loads of nieces and nephews, and he adores them, and they love him, but he always felt something was missing. We never really talked about it too much, cos it started to hurt. What made it worse was that whenever anyone else had a baby, he'd be happy but then lost in thought.

So anyway, last October i missed a period, again :roll: . But this time i did notice my sore breasts, which was nornal, but not for this long. This time i did things differently. I didnt tell OH that i was late and i didnt tell him i was gona do a test, cos i thought its just gona be negative again. Funny thing was normally i sit looking at the test till the time is up, but this time, i put it on my dresser and carried on ironing, and as forgettful as i am :doh: , i totally forgot about it. It wasnt until i'd finished ironing that i remembered :rotfl: . So i picked it up, looked at it, then i tossed it in the bin, but then i thought - one second, i'm sure that was two lines??? I quickly went back to the bin, took it out, and it was!! :shock: I sat down, trying to take it in. Then, of course i went and did another two more tests only to get the same results. I still didnt want to say anything, so i phoned my GPs and asked if i could leave a sample, they said yes and that i would get the results that day :cheer: . So you can understand all this excitement inside of me, but then i thought that i should still wait for the MW to get back to me. So i waited for an hour and half which seemed like hours on end. I finally got the call (answered it within the first two rings, MW was like - oh hello)and she confirmed what i had wanted to hear for so long. She laughed at me, cos i said are you sure you've got my specimen there and not somebody elses :rotfl: . She said it was definitly mine. :dance:

I couldnt wait till OH got home so i could tell him, cos knowing him, he has to have it 100% sure before he could believe it.

He came in and i had this huge grin on my face, he knew something was up, but later he said he'd never have thought it was that, aww. I went up to him and said(which neither of us will ever forget), 'what i'm gona tell you is 100% true,and yes i've had it confirmed, i'm pregnant :cheer: '

His face completely changed :shock, then he started crying, awww.we couldnt stop smiling, and he said people at work even noticed, cos they were asking himy he was so chirpy, but he didnt tell them why, we didnt want to say anything until after our first scan, just to be safe.I'll never forget that day, and this pregancy has been amazing right from get go. On our first scan, before the MW ran the machine over my tummy, me and my OH were thinking the same thing - imagine if there's nothing there :rotfl: , but of course there was our little miracle.

Sorry if i bored use guys with my long story, but i wanted to share it with use.

How was it for the rest of you? How did you tell him? What was his reaction? Include all silly and funny bits too, lol

I'll keep mine short, dont wanna ruin the mood of the thread lol, your story sounds so lovely, and i really hope i can have a similar experience when i decide to have another child.

When i found out i was pregnant he said

"your joking yeah"
and then.... "but your gonna get rid of it right"

Needless to say after some messing around wearnt together anymore, but i know i made the right decision and i wouldnt change it.

In fact maybe this thread has managed to make me feel beter anyway lol, i was feeling a little detatched from it all these past few days but this has made me realise how much i love my daughter already, i wouldnt change her and i do wanna meet her now.

I had been looking forward to telling my husband for years... But when the time actually came, we found out together at around 4am in A&E after I had been violently ill for a few days. I hadn't been able to get an appointment at the GP so I ended up being taken away in an ambulance. The nurse took some samples of blood and urine, came back, asked me who was with me (my husband) and then asked whether I knew I was pregnant. We were exhausted and kind of just looked at each other for a second before she started talking again. Then, they took us up to OB/Gyn where we waited, me on an exam table, him on a chair in the corner, for an on-call doctor to come. We sat pretty quietly because I was so weak. After that, I was ushered off to the ward for the night and my husband had to leave, barely having a chance to say good bye. It was very quiet and unjoyous even though there was nothing we wanted more, and I feel it has affected my entire pregnancy! :(

well we werent TTC, but we had talked about it, we have been together nearly 3 years now and deffo knew what we wanted.

i noticed that I was late, but waited until it was 5 or 6 weeks over till i got worried :shock: i texted OH at work and he said "get a test!!" so he bought one as I dont work near shops lol, and I waited anxiously for him to get home with it!!!

was totally bricking it, i am usually pretty regular, so when I was late i thought there was something wrong with me, and all sorts o things were whirling around my head :roll:

he came home, and i went to the loo and peed on that wee stick! all the time hearing him yell; "make sure u do it right, that bloody thing was a tenner!!"

when it came back (really fast) with 2 lines, i nearly fell over! lucky i didnt or id have cracked my head on tiled floor lol!! :rotfl: he had nipped out to get stuff for tea while i did it, so once id sat on the toilet for about 20mins crying my eyes out and thinking "OH MY BLOODY GOD" i went to the living room, and put the test on the living room table where he'd see it.

he came back in, kicked back (like he'd forgotten lol!!)and didnt notice the test! i had to pick it up and say LOOK :shock:

he was so so shocked, we just kept saying "what are we gonna do, oh my godddddddd"!!

getting rid of bubs never entered our minds, so after the shock set in, we were straight on the net, figuring out dates etc!!! it was the most exciting/scariest/weirdest night of my life!!!!! :cheer:

im the same as you ASMA, we both were sure there would be nothing there at the scan, but sure enough, there was bubs!! best feeling in the world :hug:

(forgot to mention the dash to tesco to buy another 3 preg tests lol) and i tested again in the morning cos i thought it was a dream!!!!

will be brill to hear other people's stories!!!xxxxxxxxx

MY OH was at his uncles funeral up in london and i did a test and it had a really faint line, i knew his phone would be off so i text him and said i think im pregnant, gotta do another test.

So he phoned me after and was all excitied, asking if i had done another test yet, i said no but i was going to do one later in the evening, to let the wee build back up lol

in the evening he got back from london and went straight to football, so i knew he wouldnt have his phone on him again, so i just text him and said that i did another test and yes i was pregnant. not very exciting, but at least he can keep the texts forever (well as long as he has that phone lol)

Clare(abcd1234), your right, you did make the right decision, and your baby is healthy and growing cos of you. I hope everything goes how you want it. :hug:

Ha ha Clare2711, i wonder if nearly everyone does that, dp more tests? i find it so funny.

Come on guys, lets hear it, i cant wait to hear everyone elses too, x x

Well here goes, after 12 years and failed IVF we had given up hope. For some reason the day before New Years Eve i did a test don't know why, but did it, looked at it and when i threw it in the bin i said to hubby that i think something was different about the result :doh: and going out the door to work i said see you later and maybe i'll do another in the morning. So New Years Eve we had to get up early as i had arranged with loads of friends a night out in Great Yarmouth, hotel was booked, friends all sorted, tickets booked and we were all meeeting up from over the country, so got up left hubby in bed went to the loo before going downstairs to make us a cup of tea and sat there with a test, this time i did a digi.. peed on the stick, covered over the face and turned it over....dont ask me why :think: when i turned it over and removed my finger it said pregnant...............i sat on the loo in shock :shock: and just kept saying oh my god, oh my god when i managed to get myself off the loo i went and sat on the bed and said are you awake, he rolled over said yes and i just said i'm pregnant and showed he the test, he was gob smacked didnt say a word just smiled, so we got ready met up with friends and told them over dinner that night before we went out. Also brought more tests when we got to yarmouth as had to do another before we went out that night to make sure it was right and then did another the next morning :rotfl:

Sorry long post!!

We lost twins back in September and decided to TTC again as it felt right and we wanted a brother or sister for Harrison.

We had only been TTC for 2 month or so and all i kept saying to him is all i want for xmas is to be pregnant with your baby, he always used to say the same reply "but i can't be certain i can give us that darling"

Anyway my mum knew we were TTC and bought us some pregnancy tests home from the surgery she works at, i tested one morning and got nothing so i threw it away, didn't tell OH and upset myself and thought it wasn't happening before xmas.

I was plucking my eyebrows one morning and saw the size of my nipples they were huge, and all of a sudden i thought " i'm pregnant" .......lol, strange how i just knew from that anyway i said nothing and then the day after i started freaking out over the ironing and cleaning like a mad woman while snapping at OH he turned round and said to me " do you have any p tests i'm telling you now your pregnant" he said i was going mad just like i did last time...........lol.

November 25th = we were getting ready to go to lee's nephews christening, he was god father and was really nervous, i ran a bath while he was laid in bed, i sneaked past him and got a test out of the draw and took it in the bathroom, locked the door and peed on the stick. I then got in the bath and tried not to look at it. I looked and saw the line clear as day...... :shock:
Shouted to OH that i needed him, opened the bathroom door, passed him the test and said " your going to be a daddy" and locked him back out the bathroom...........lmao
Let him back in after he begged that i couldnt just tell him that and lock him out, to where we both just cried, of happiness and from fear of what had happend to us only months before. Went to the christening grinning like cheshire cats trying our hardest not to say anything......

( sorry for the long post, just realised how mch i have gone on and on )

I like this thread.
We'd been together about 2 years when I realised I was a couple of weeks late, done a test that was negative and the next day got my period! We decided that we both wanted children relatively soon but we weren't gonna actively try, just see what happens. About 2 months later I had to have the mon off work cos all weekend I'd kept feeling dizzy and lightheaded. Didn't think anything of it until about lunchtime, then I started wandering. I went and did a test and it showed positive within about 10 seconds, then I started feeling guilty about my OH not being there. He got home after a really bad day and I said I had something that would cheer him up and showed him the test. He was so shocked he had to sit down. We then decided we should do another test to be sure and it was a mad dash to tesco and back as he'd arranged for his friend to come round for dinner so while I was doing the test he was looking out the window praying his friend didn't turn up early! It was positive too, we couldn't stop smiling all night...or ever since actually!

Aww thats so lovely you both really deserve this happness after that really long wait!! Im so pleased for you both!!! :hug:

Well mine was compleatly different not wanting to put downer on thread but you did ask, baby wasn't planned was a total shock I've had loads of hormone problems for ages (which made me personally believe I probably wouldn't be able to have kids although no one had actually said this was just this feeling I had) because of hormone problems I started reacting badly to the pill so had to come off it, then had coil fitted and was in agony with it but doctor said he wanted me to persist so I did 2 weeks after it was fitted my body evacuate it so we became pretty short of options and started using the diaphragm short term until we sorted a solution, we spoke in depth about the higher risk of me getting pregnant and I have always made DH totally aware I couldnt/would have an abortion.
I went to the doctors for yet another UTI (my 4th in 2 months) only to be told it wasnt a UTI I was pregnant! I was in shock and so scared of telling OH I just kept saying to myself over and over again on the drive back from doctors OMG I'm pregnant! I work with DH and there was too many people around for me to talk to him alone until home time those were the 2 longest hours of my life I was so scared and had to carry on as normal waiting to tell him! When everyone else left I couldn't wait any longer and told him, to say he wasn't happy is a huge understatement he went mad he was very nasty he said he didn't want it I would destroy us by keeping it he tried to talk me into having an abortion without telling me to have an abortion by going on about how awful my life would be if I kept it and how I would be on my own homeless and jobless etc, this went on for the weekend, the next night we went out for a meal with his parents when I was hoping to tell them about baby but his aunt and uncle went too so I couldn't say anything I spent the whole meal only just holding back tears, the next morning we went out with them for the day and first chance I had I told his mum she was about to get excited when I burst into tears told her about DH's reaction and she said he'd be ok when he calmed down, but once she saw how he was being over it I think she changed her mind and started to worry!

When we got home we had a huge row and DH really upset me so I went for a walk and my Dad happened to call I had told no one else I was pregnant except DH and his parents I just couldnt face it whilst DH was being the way he was but the second I heard my Dads voice I burst into tears so had to explain. Ive always been close to my Dad and he was a total godsend he really calmed me down and told me whatever happened I wouldnt be homeless they would never see that happen and they would suport me 100% he said it was a huge shock finding out you were going to be a Dad (his wife was 20 months pregnant with his 5th child at the time!) and DH would come round to give him time etc he really calmed me down and helped so much. When I got home DH had calmed down some and when I said I had told Dad he asked what he had said, he was expecting me to say he was really annoyed at him for reacting how he had and upsetting his daughter when pregnant or something but when I told him how my Dad said it was a huge thing to get your head round etc that really made a difference to my DH that people wernt judging him, slowly after this he started to come round, that afternoon he said he was still worried bout money etc but we would get through somehow and by the time I had my dating scan at 8 weeks he said he'd be disapointed if scan showed something bad because he was quite looking forward to being a family! When we found out baby was a girl at 20 weeks he was over the moon and said he was really excited now and couldn't wait, the first time he saw baby kick was just amazing and I think he is going to be a great Dad!

DH feels really bad now over how he reacted we watched something on telly where someone was telling their husband they were pregnant and the guy was over the moon and DH said 'thats how I should have been I'm sorry' and when he tells people we're having a baby he always says Im ashamed to say I didn't react well at first but Im very excited now! I don't feel angry over how he reacted just pleased that he came round reasonably quick and is so happy now I haven't really told anyone the full extend of how awful it was that weekend except my Dad so is abit of a first reliving it all and reminds me how awful that weekend was but Im so glad I stood my ground over keeping baby!

Like I say sorry its not really a tale of excitement but both stories have same out come two very excited parents waiting for birth of their child!

I love the fact so many people seem to remember the exact date they found out lol

Mine was 24th October, seems so long ago now, and how wierd it is she's gone from a tiny bean to a fully formed and ready to go baby!!

Thanks asma, i know i never had the best start to my pregnancy but i'm very lucky to have someone around who loves her as much as me and is willing to be a father to her regardless of her being his or not. He doesnt realise it but i dont know where id be if i'd not had his support through the hard months. god im gonna go upsetting myself now lol!! As far as she knows he's her father (though i'll never pretend he made her) he was there from the day i found out and didnt need to ask if i'd keep her cos he knows me well enough to know the answer. He was the first to feel her kick and he'll be there when she's born. And if everything goes well he'll be there for every milestone and to enjoy me making his baby next time

Asma your story is lovely- nearly made me cry!
Mines a bit different but I found out I was expecting on Halloween, which was a Wednesday and OH was leaving for a year in the states on the Saturday. We'd only been seeing each other for about two years and because of the America thing weren't going to continue the relationship whilst he was away.
I just had a feeling I as pregnant, I was on the pill and used to take it straight through so was unaware of dates and such. So I took a PG test at lunch in work which had the faintest of lines, I got one of my friends/ colleagues to take a look and she was convinced there was nothing there but marched me to boots for a digi to put my mind at rest. We got back to work went to the scummy loo’s no one uses and did the digi, left it and waited a couple of mins. It was the strangest feeling ever seeing the words pregnant. She didn’t believe it so made me do another (I bought a pack of 2) which came up the same!

So I realised I needed to tell OH and soon considering he was off in 3 days. That evening he was going to his mothers for a last dinner before leaving with his family. I text him when I got home from work asking him t call me when he was all finished. Two mins later my mobile rings, he must’ve known something was wrong and he asked me to tell him. I just blurted it out and his reaction was not the greatest, it was a ‘oh’.
We had a rough couple of days after that, he didn’t want a baby, I didn’t know what I wanted, we had a terrible docs appointment in a private GP who basically told us it was an ectopic/ blighted ovum. And OH left on the Saturday :cry:

I decided I was having the baby no matter what OH did, where he was and whether he was going to be in the babies life. We had a rough couple of months until he came back for Christmas, infact I don’t think he was really my OH during that time. He arranged to be back for the first scan which was on the 21st Dec, we met after not seeing each other for 2 months and went to the hospital both very nervous and unsure of how we were feeling. The sonographer called us in and started scanning, I couldn’t see the screen but Oh could. All I remember is him grabbing my hand and the lady turning the screen and showing me our baby. I can’t describe that feeling.

From there we’ve been on the same level completely, he talked to work who arranged to cut the America trip to 6 months and he’s been back for 6 weeks now. Everything has worked out 1000000 times better than I ever could have imagined and neither of us can wait to be parents. Our LO was unplanned but is so, so wanted now. We can’t wait to meet him/ her :D

Sorry, that was long

Alex xxx

Aww what a great thread. It is really nice hearing everyone's experiences both good and bad - especially when the bad experiences have turned out really well :hug:

We had been trying for 11 months when we feel pregnant. It had been OH's idea to try as he is ten years older than me and was under the impression he was running out of time :roll: When he first suggested trying I was dead against - I couldn't imagine myself with a baby and thought it was a bit early for me to be thinking about all of that (I was 28 :lol: )! I eventually agreed to try in January 07 and was really nervous as I thought it would happen straight away. After six months of trying my OH was getting quite upset that nothing had happened yet and so decided to give up smoking and revolutionise his diet. I was kinda glad that things were happening slowly as it gave me a chance to come to terms with the idea of having a baby. By November we were both starting to wonder why it hadn't happened for us yet and so booked an appointment with a medicinal herbalist. She put us on a course of herbal treatments and suggested an organic diet and I decided to start charting my temperatures to work out what my cycle was doing. Because I was taking agnus castus, my cycle went a bit haywire at first making it difficult to predict any sort of ovulation trend in my cycle for the second month. We did manage to 'do the deed' on the right days though and then Christmas arrived which kept us busy. We were kind of used to not expecting to be pregnant at this point and so didn't really think much of the 'during the day' naps I seemed to be taking over the Christmas break from work. We had received a prediction from Cheri22 a few months previous saying that January was going to be the month we either gave birth, found out on or got pregnant during and so we decided to wait until Jan 1st before taking a test - my OH takes stuff like that very seriously! My temperatures were still really high at 16DPO which was a good indication of pregnancy so at one minute past midnight (then New Years Day) I took three tests, all of which were positive. OH was ecstatic and hadn't let himself think that we were pregnant in case we found out I wasn't. I was pretty convinced that we were so in some ways the testing was a bit of an anti-climax for me - if that makes sense! I was totally convinced that the first scan was going to reveal no baby in there and so didn't really feel pregnant until second tri. OH was really surprised to hear that I was nervous about the scan. He hadn't even considered the thought of there not being a baby until i told him after the scan. On the day of the second scan, when the sonographer revealed he was a boy, OH's eyes were flooded with tears :hug: He couldn't speak for the rest of the scan which I though was lovely :D

:lol: Just realised I rambled on with far more than you actually asked :oops:

Awww, you guys :cry: . I'm crying now, tears of joy for use, the day we found out we're pregnant becomes etched in our memories. We shouldnt regret anything we did early on, especially if it wasnt planned, look at it this way, these babies really dont know how much love is waiting for them to greet them into this world.

Those of you that did longer posts, dont feel obliged to do small ones, cos the longer the better, reading everybodys posts has filled me with me so much love.

It had taken so long with me and my hubby, that we had silently accepted that it wont happen, but now even the smallest things make us smile ear to ear, as e.g. the first time OH felt the baby move, he quickly took his hand of, then put it back on, he said it was cos he cudnt believe there was really a baby in there, a part of me, and a part of him

This is a brilliant thread! All your stories are lovely!!! Like Clare though, I don't want to dampen the mood but here is my little story;

I always assumed I'd be about 26 when I'd have my first and pictured a lovely partner and our little home together excitedly awaiting the pregnancy test result! It didn't QUITE work out that way!! :lol:

I met Gray last year and although we kept in touch, we never got together properly until September.. I was on the pill and we both went for an STD testing which was negative for both so we scrapped the condoms and I just used the pill instead.

A couple of weeks before Xmas I had pretty bad headaches and was really tired so decided to stop the pill and revert back to condoms as I assumed it was the pill that was making me feel odd. I didn't come on but the thought of being pregnant didn't even cross my mind because I had never skipped a pill (well, I did on a couple of occasions but we always used a condom in those instances).

A few days before Xmas I went to the docs and she said "is there any chance you could be pregnant?" I confidently said no, did a urine sample and waited. She said "congratulations perhaps?! You're pregnant" - I said I couldn't be and that she might have a faulty test :rotfl: She assured me I was and I was gutted leaving that surgery (I feel awful for
saying that now!)

Anyway, Gray was shocked then happy. I was just nervous about how we'd manage etc but I thought we'd manage somehow.

He proposed Xmas day and then left a few days later never to return. He told me he wanted nothing to do with either of us and not to contact him again. I granted his plea and we haven't spoken since.

xx

Well this is mine, sorry if it's a little on the down side to start.

I hadn't missed a period at all and no real reason to beleive I was pregnant, but in January I had a dream that I was 2 1/2 months pregnant.

It played on my mind a bit, but I wouldn't afford a test as I had left my job in the summer to start working on a new business.

I remember a friend had bought some pregnancy tests from Poundland - 3 for £1! So I grab that and went in to the toilets ate Whetherspoons on the way home...POSITIVE!

I text OH who was at the gym saying we needed to talk.

20 minutes later he came in but answered a call to his friend and was chatting for another 15mins while I sat staring at him in tears!!! (He thought the chat was going to be about money and we'd been arguing loads over those weeks, and I'd given him a final chance before ending the relationship). I done a 2nd test while I was waiting, also positive.

I couldn't bring myself to actually use words, so just showed him the test...and then the box to confirm what he was seeing!

His first thoughts we're to terminate, which we discussed at length, but after already going through that when I was 17, I knew exactly how I would feel. But regardless I went for the initial appointment at the BPAS clinic, as the pros and cons were all over the shot.

When I got home and OH had gone back to work, I sat through the paper work, and there it was....the first pic of our little bean!! (They don't show you the screen). I was confirmed to be almost 11 weeks (Just like my dream) I couldn make out his face and hand, and told OH I couldn't go through with it all again.

We had many rows, he spent a week deciding what he would do (I said I would understand if it meant losing him but I wasn't going to lose the baby). 3 days in to that week, he said he would stay and stand by me.

It hasn't been easy, but seeing the smile and expression on his face at our first official scan, I knew I had made the right decision, and no matter what happens between me and OH we will always love this little baby cooking inside my tum.

It's not been an easy ride at times....but the tougher the crossing, the more welcome the port so they say! :D

No I can;t wait for the next 10 weeks to pass and hold our little cherub, give him a big squeeze and plant a smacker on his chubby chops!!! :D xx

What a lovely story asma, and everyone else - great idea for a thread!

OH and got together in September 2006 and soon got serious, moving in together by March 2007. We discussed the future and kids and I explained that I'm sub-fertile (have had 2 ectopic pregnancies and now only have one fallopian tube) and wasn't too optimistic at my chances of getting pregnant. At that time it wasn't an issue as we were happy enjoying life and still getting to know each other.

However, in June 2007 I unexpectedly fell pregnant! It wasn't planned but we were both excited - I remember doing a test at 6am one morning and rushing back into the bedroom screaming and crying at OH that I was pregnant - it felt amazing as I never in a million years expected it to happen so easily for me. Sadly though, I miscarried at 13 weeks.

Although the baby wasn't planned, it left a massive hole and all I could think about was getting pregnant again....OH was keen to wait a while so we used protection for the first month...the second month I was working abroad so there was no opportunity....but by the third month I was pregnant again! I truly believe you are more fertile after a miscarriage and nature really worked in our favour. I did 3 tests at work before I called OH who said "Oh shit"!! - his initial reaction as we went through a lot of stress with the miscarriage and not having been together THAT long he was scared it would happen again / of the impact on our relationship.

But by 13/14 weeks we both started to relax and now we're soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited to meet baby Dexter v soon :D xxx

we started tying in July 07. We got to the end of cotober and finally a fertile date was a weekend (www.fertilityfriend.com) so i raped my DH (he didn't mind).

Got to mid novemebr and i had an implantation bleed, but i didn't know what one was so i just thought i had got my period, put in a tampon (makes me cringe now i did that) and continued on.

"period" lasted 1/2 a day again didn't think anything of it.

Over the next few days i strted to get sore boobs and got hit by a wave of nausea on the wednesday afternoon.

I kept saying to DH i think i'm pregnant. he was like no your not, so we agreed if period hadn't arrived by friday would go and buy a test.

Friday arrived testing day.

Got hiome and jut had normal evening, told DH i had bought one (he was still saying you're not pregnant, but i reminded him we had agreed this was what we would do). Went to sleep on the couch and woke up at 11:45, decided to sneak test off to toilet.

Peed on stick and was sitting their quite interested in watching the liquid move up by capilllary action! Then realised it had a + sign. Said Sh1t. Finished peeing (it was that quick) and opened door and yelled for DH to come here. handed him stick he looked at it and said what does it mean? big grin on my face i said it means we are pregnant. he asked for the instructions.

Got off toilet as he read them and checked stick several times.

Quick hug and then tried to work out wht to do next!

Sandi

Awwwww makes me wanna cry!!!!!

Mine was 14th January (I think). My period was meant to be on the 7th but Im never sure so I just waited for a bit literally praying that it would arrive any day soon.....It didn't. Then I felt a little bit sicky in the afternoon but I just passed it off as just a bad tummy. Well we went shopping in the evening and seen the tests and both thought we should get one just to be sure I wasn't and that it was just my period being late....

Sat on the sofa all evening then had to give in and go and see it was about 11pm at night so went and peed on the stick and put it in the little thing and a big blob appeared....then I knew right away the blob wasn't going to go away but I went and sat on the sofa with the test faced away from us and had a cuddle 3mins went by and we looked and it was still there.....and then we realized we were going to be mummy and daddy! It wasn't planned but we didn't need to think twice we knew that we could cope with anything :D soooo here I am!

This was a fab idea for a thread! I've been close to tears but I can't as I have to go out soon!

Anyway, last year, we had been married a year, living together for some time before that and knew that babies were on the cards but not sure when. I remember being late. I always thought I had irregular cycles but this felt slightly different. What made me just know was the aching tiredness and sore boobs. DH was picked up for work one morning by someone he used to lift share with, I hadn't even made it out of bed by then. I rolled over, caught a bit of boob and it hurt just a bit too much so I decided something was up.

I went to work, bought a test at lunch and did it in the work toilets. I was trembling, very emotional because I wasn't sure if DH would think it was a bit early. I couldnt wait to see him that evening so had to ring him, and he was delighted - phew! Unfortunately that little bean didn't work out.

We knew it was right for us and we'd have to start trying. We waited until the horrible bit was over and I read into cycles, temping etc and took it all thoroughly seriously! I luckily fell pregnant very quickly :D and just had that feeling again, I knew the boob pain was the same again. It was the 30th December very late and I was saying to DH that I thought I was and he obviously didn't want to get my hopes up, I couldn't bear it and tested with an ebay cheapy. Faint lines! I bought two more tests from Boots the following lunchtime, did them at work just after work had finished. I called him straight away and confirmed last night's was right! So we celebrated especially well for New Year's Eve :D.

ETA, I was meant to give you the reaction wasn't I? :oops: Delighted both times, although DH was a little more cautious the second time, bless him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back