How did you meet your partner?

That sounds lovely! My husband snores like a pig with respiratory problems but he is not a drop dead gorgeous hunk. I wouldnt want to be without him but its not great that he works permanent nights so we hardly see each other. Makes BDing hard!

He has sleep apnea so he often stops breathing & chokes in the night too!
Shame he works nights 😩 Jump on him first thing in the mornings 😏😏

That sounds lovely! My husband snores like a pig with respiratory problems but he is not a drop dead gorgeous hunk. I wouldnt want to be without him but its not great that he works permanent nights so we hardly see each other. Makes BDing hard!

He has sleep apnea so he often stops breathing & chokes in the night too!
Shame he works nights 😩 Jump on him first thing in the mornings 😏😏

I do believe mine does but of course he denies it, I dont think he understands the implications of it if he does. Night work is crappy he gets paid literally just above minimum wage too which makes it worse. He usually gets in when I am going out to work so that limits our leaping on time lol

Awwwww I love these romantic stories!!

Mine was a holiday romance too. He was the Turkish barman at my hotel I was staying in. 12 months later we got married, 4 months after that he moved to England and now over 7 years later we have a beautiful Turklish son and another due in December.
We have our cultural differences but we get on and still have a brill relationship. He breaks a lot of his norms to make me happy. There were plenty who thought it wouldn't work and many relationships like mine don't. Can't believe it will be a decade together in under 3 years!!!

Xxx

Awwwww I love these romantic stories!!

Mine was a holiday romance too. He was the Turkish barman at my hotel I was staying in. 12 months later we got married, 4 months after that he moved to England and now over 7 years later we have a beautiful Turklish son and another due in December.
We have our cultural differences but we get on and still have a brill relationship. He breaks a lot of his norms to make me happy. There were plenty who thought it wouldn't work and many relationships like mine don't. Can't believe it will be a decade together in under 3 years!!!

Xxx

Awww thats lovely, its so good when people say it wont work and you prove them wrong! How lovely, 2 babies! Are there many cultural differences? I have never left the UK, so I am not exotic at all I am afraid xxx

I met my DH when we were both part of a group who done a 100k sponsored charity walk along the Great Wall of China in 2001. Got to know each other when we came home and realised we lived 5 minutes away from each other! We've been inseparable since, he's 10 years older than me and has 3 kids from a previous marriage who are all grown up now and we're having our first together after 5 losses xx

He is very western as him and his family are from a resort. He's totally not religious but I would never be with anyone religious no matter what religion it is. But he comes from a family where men are still put on a pedestal and his mum did/does everything for the men even his nephews. However hubby does help around the house in England and we share cooking but I remember when my son was born he said you better not tell anyone in my family I change his nappies I would be so embarrassed as its not a mans job!!
There are good cultural differences though how family is so important to them. I call his parents mum and dad (in Turkish). Hubby wants to do everything as a family and he doesn't understand men that go to the pub all the time with their friends or go on weekends away if they have a family. However I've been on a few weekends away with the girls without him lol.

The hardest thing is ultimately he doesn't like this country much but there is nothing to offer us in Turkey apart from good weather and his family. Now the tensions are growing their we will def being staying in the UK for the foreseeable.

Xxx

I met my DH when we were both part of a group who done a 100k sponsored charity walk along the Great Wall of China in 2001. Got to know each other when we came home and realised we lived 5 minutes away from each other! We've been inseparable since, he's 10 years older than me and has 3 kids from a previous marriage who are all grown up now and we're having our first together after 5 losses xx

What a lovely meeting story! What a fantastic way to meet, so natural and interesting. How beautiful, those 5 beautiful angels will be watching over this rainbow baby and you both xx

He is very western as him and his family are from a resort. He's totally not religious but I would never be with anyone religious no matter what religion it is. But he comes from a family where men are still put on a pedestal and his mum did/does everything for the men even his nephews. However hubby does help around the house in England and we share cooking but I remember when my son was born he said you better not tell anyone in my family I change his nappies I would be so embarrassed as its not a mans job!!
There are good cultural differences though how family is so important to them. I call his parents mum and dad (in Turkish). Hubby wants to do everything as a family and he doesn't understand men that go to the pub all the time with their friends or go on weekends away if they have a family. However I've been on a few weekends away with the girls without him lol.

The hardest thing is ultimately he doesn't like this country much but there is nothing to offer us in Turkey apart from good weather and his family. Now the tensions are growing their we will def being staying in the UK for the foreseeable.

Xxx

Changing nappies is not a mans job lmao it made me giggle that! Why does he not like this country? I hate sunny weather which is why I love living in the North of England lol. I would be afraid to live in another country though that would be too scary for me. Where would you ideally want to live? xxx

What a lovely thread idea. I love reading things like this!

I met my hubby when I was 16. I went on holiday to lanzarote with my family, very last minute, I wasn't planning on going. I was out with friends I'd met, rather drunk and started speaking to a guy when I realised he had the same accent as me :lol: turns out he lived there so although we spent the week together, we weren't thinking it would lead anywhere. I came home and we kept in touch then one day he text me saying 'I've moved back home, can I come see you?'.. 12 years after first meeting we're married and have an almost 8 year old, hoping number 2 will be just around the corner :) xxx

This is beautiful! I had friends at uni who met this sort of way too. Cant help my romantic side so had to start this thread lol. Imagine if you had not gone on that holiday or if he never moved back home (please tell me you were his reason for it!!) How lovely meeting in such a way, it must be quite a distinctive accent? Fx for #2 xxx

We're Glaswegian :lol: bit hard to miss that accent! I knew he was thinking about moving home but he said meeting me was the shove he needed. People always think it's so funny how we met, it is mental how many ifs and buts there could have been! Must have been fate :lol: xx

Last edited:
What a lovely thread idea. I love reading things like this!

I met my hubby when I was 16. I went on holiday to lanzarote with my family, very last minute, I wasn't planning on going. I was out with friends I'd met, rather drunk and started speaking to a guy when I realised he had the same accent as me :lol: turns out he lived there so although we spent the week together, we weren't thinking it would lead anywhere. I came home and we kept in touch then one day he text me saying 'I've moved back home, can I come see you?'.. 12 years after first meeting we're married and have an almost 8 year old, hoping number 2 will be just around the corner :) xxx

This is beautiful! I had friends at uni who met this sort of way too. Cant help my romantic side so had to start this thread lol. Imagine if you had not gone on that holiday or if he never moved back home (please tell me you were his reason for it!!) How lovely meeting in such a way, it must be quite a distinctive accent? Fx for #2 xxx

We're Glaswegian :lol: bit hard to miss that accent! I knew he was thinking about moving home but he said meeting me was the shove he needed. People always think it's so funny how we met, it is mental how many ifs and buts there could have been! Must have been fate :lol: xx

My MIL is Glaswegian too. Awwww how lovely is that? Its funny what it takes for people to meet. I am shocked I ever met my husband given that I was so determined not to reply to his messages on the forum at first so I might well have never met him out of stubbornness! xx

Me and OH also met on plenty of fish. I had been single for nearly 2 years following my divorce (ex husband left, said he didn't love me any more. Found out 6 months later he had become a dad, so had been having an affair!!). I had used various dating sites and found most guys would say they were looking for a relationship when in fact they weren't.

OH messages me one day - he wouldn't have come up on my search as a) he is 4 years younger than me and b) doesn't live in Sheffield where I do. He lived in London at the time and was in Sheffield at a uni course with his employer for the week, and was staying at the hotel next to my office. He came across as a genuine decent guy from the off, www very open and honest with me, he seemed different to the other guys (very cliché I completely understand!!). By rule, I used to give my email address before mobile no for a week or so but totally broke my own rules and gave out my mobile no and added him on Facebook. We spent the night texting - realised we had loads in common including how our marriages broke down. We decided to meet up the following evening and I felt like I'd known him forever - I think I got home at 3am after being asked to leave several bars as they were wanting to close!!! He was always the one who text me first (none of that "leave it so many days" bull) and for our second date, he took me to a zoo as we are both animal mad then for a champagne picnic on the way home. Then he had to go back to London. However he had family up north so was coming back most weekends - if never considered a long distance relationship but realised it was really quite nice - not in each other's pockets all the time, had chance to miss each other. He's a total sweetheart and would decide on a Wednesday night that he missed me too much so organised working from home and would drive up north late at night to see me.

We met in the July, and in the October his work offered him a transfer up north, and he moved in with me in the January. I'm so so grateful for him - he's the ying to my yang, he levels me out, gets me and is my best friend. I believe we are each other's second chance xx

i met my partner on plenty of fish i had been single 11 months and didnt actually want to meet anyone btu my friend put me on plenty of fish as straight awya we were talking, went ona date to local pub and straight away we just got on he even came back to mine that night as my dad was working away and bless him he didnt try anythig we just sat talking till gone 12 haha. he is just lovely i didnt want anyone let alone somoene who has childrn after bad experiance with my ex and his daughter but sean is perfect brilliant dad brilliant partner the lot, we are currenylu ttc and everyday he rings to check im ok ect we both work long hours and even when he has been driving from 5am till gone 6pm he comes to see me ect we are currently looking for a house together, crazy how life can change in 3 months haha

Some nice stories of people meeting on POF, makes a nice change to hear good things coming from there. I love to hear what people thought of each other when they first met- love at first sight must have been wonderful!

We met on POF too!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

When people hear that I met my husband online I am pretty certain they still think it was on a dating site and I cant shift that form their mind

We dont have a very special story.

I was 15 and me and friends went to a pub near us before a night cub sort of place (but rock music). My Friend at the time had started to date this guy, so she went to a table to sit with him and he was with friends. One guy Terry asked to buy me a drink and eventually i accepted. We chatted and then i went on my way as he had to go home. I didnt think much of it but he said he saw me walk up the stairs to the pub and said he knew he had to talk to me. (soppy git)

The next day my friend told me she was going to meet her boyfriend and his mate Terry and made me come with her, against my wishes. I had actually forgotten Terrys name so didnt click it was the same guy, i thought Terry wuld be a girl!

I walked out onto the platform and there was the guy from last night.
We went on the train to Leeds and got chatting, he bought me a Gregs (hehehe) and we held hands.
That evening he asked for my number, but i heard nothing from him that night and he turned up the next day at my house because he had lost it.

Two years later we moved in together, got married after 5 years together, had our first child two years after the wedding, and the second shortly after. We are now expecting our third and last child.

I met my OH at school, we were both 14. We have been together ever since and now we're both 25! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back