How did you ladies get your BFP??

Emma.b

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Firstly congratulations an all your BFP :yay:, i wish you all well.

I've been trying for over 2 years now, had all test,scans, bloods etc all normal, seen a consultant he wants 3 months worth of cd 20 bloods before going any further.

But in the mean time i was wondering how i could maybe increase my chances of falling? So what worked for you?? Any hints, tips and advise will be greatly appreciated.

X x X

Hiya :)

sorry to hear that you have been trying so long, I was officially on cycle 2 although due to confusion on cycle 1 with opks I missed my OV and was out straight away. I then decided to buy cheapie opks and test from CD8ish. I used C+ for the first time and took vits too. I also followed SMEP this month. I got my BFP yesterday. Tested on 14dpo and got a bfn, baby was being shy! then I tested 8 days past AF and got my strong BFP and couldnt be happier, I thought I would have fallen pregnant ages from now!

Hi hun

Sorry to hear youre having a time of it trying to conceive it will happen

I always feel a bit of a fraud as I never took my temperature or used OPK's or worked out when I ovulated. Hubby and I just dtd more or less constantly for 3 weeks while I was reocvering from a finger operation

will keep my fingers crossed that you get your BFP very soon xx

Hi thanks for the replies,

russellmuscle what is c+ and what vits did you take, i was thinking of taking something like pregnacare? I've tried the smep but not with anything else, so i'll try it combined x

Lol Kaz who'd have thought a poorly finger would lead to a baby!! I think breaking a finger is out the window but i'll give the constant bding more often than not!! =D

Hey love

C+ is short for Concieve plus, its a lube that mimics CM and is proven to nourish and help the spermies along their way to the egg. Also, I think it keeps them in a nice enviroment as alot of sperm die off if not in the correct enviroment. You can get a tube of it from boots or something I have one full tube but last month I used the 3 applicator ones (you can get a bigger tube or a box with 3 prefilled applicators) I got these online. You can also get a more expensive american one which is called preseed and I think same goes for that, tube or applicators. I actually ordered a BBT thermo this month and it didnt come, someone must have known I wouldnt need it lol but that was my next plan!

I use pregnacare duo for me and my partner :)

Lol Kaz who'd have thought a poorly finger would lead to a baby!! I think breaking a finger is out the window but i'll give the constant bding more often than not!! =D

aye that is a bit drastic to break a finger. Mines was a trigger finger that kept getting stuck and locked more or less constantly just before the op- its still recovering yet slowly still need to do stretching exercises.

MW just looked at me when I said it was because of my finger op that I was now pregnant to say she looked confused was an understatement lol xx

Brilliant thanks hun,

Gonna nip into town and get some pregnacare and concieve plus!! Was just wondering, i have to have cd20 bloods taken, the pregnacare wont effect that will it?

Ordered some more cheapies opks and some clearblue digi's....i'm determined to get pregnant! lol =D

no I dont think so as the vits are healthy, they help lol. I doubt it would make difference girls in ttc have been taking vits and going to get bloods and i havent heard any of them say you shouldnt...

stay cool calm and collected hun. I am convinced we conceived when we were pissing about laughing one night!! xx

Hi,

My hb was pretty anti knowing anything about opk's and charting and all that stuff, said just to not tell him as he said he'd feel really under pressure etc. I didn't end up using any in the end anyway but did keep a track of my cycles very closely as well as cm (sorry if tmi) so around ov date we bd every other night. Overall we tried to keep it as relaxed as possible although I know it must be hard that you've been trying for so long. Sincerely hope you get your bfp soon hun xx

p.s I was taking folic in advance for a few months but don't really think this made much difference I was just trying to be good incase I caught on xx

Thanks doob. My fella doesn't really have a problem with me telling him all about my opks etc. In fact today he told me off for not doing the opk at 11 oclock. To be fair I think he just wanted it out the way so that we could dtd as its cycle day 8 and were doing the smep this month! Lol. I am trying to stay as relaxed as possible about it. I decided again bbt charting and I'm just doing opk, smep and taking vits. I don't want to stress myself out with charting too!

Like you said I'm just gonna enjoy our time together and have fun....fx for bfp in the process.

Thanks for all your responses hope your all doing well in your pregnancies? :lol:

hello there, its so frustrating, we had been ttc for 3 years, we were very stressed using ov kits & temping etc so we decided to stop using & charting & trying good old fashioned relaxing about things, low & behold first month not using anything we are pregnant, i got my bfp 2 & a half weeks ago at 9dpo, i'm due christmas day. i'm only 5 weeks or so we are hoping everything is sticky, so i would highly recommend chilling out & relaxing. hope its not to long till you get your bfp, i wish you all the luck in the world because i know how heartbreaking it is every month when the witch shows her face. xxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back