How did you feel after the birth?

Thats good Toon, I was pretty annoyed with my last birth if truth be known :(

I'm not surprised. My sister's friend said they were awful with her. She said she wanted to push and they dismissed her. So she got on the floor and started pushing....then they looked and saw him crowning and all hell broke loose! She said they were all apologetic after but it's too bloody late then!

No midwife can stop me pushing if thats what I feel I need to do? Why do they make you stop? Is there some medical reason why you shouldnt push at certain times?

if you push before fully dilated in can cause the cervix to become swollen and make the birth way more difficult. I think if the body says push tho, then it can't be wrong that often xx

There's no point pushing till you're 9/10cm so if they tell you youre not then listen! I listened to a woman pushing from 4cm when I was in labour and she was still at it about 6hrs after I'd given birth! You'd be trying to push a car through a letter box and like Toon says you'd hurt yourself or end up very swollen and get no where.

I begged her to examine me as she kept telling me not to push but I just knew she was ready , in the end my waters literally covered her and my hubby :lol: and Katie was born in one go and yes I tore :( tbh if I'd have had a better MW I wouldn't have, then the MW paniced as she thought I'd need to go to theatre and wouldn't even let the student dr look on. but like you say too late to be sorry

Last edited:
I advise to do a birth plan, my birth before that was amazing. My daughters birth (she's 14 now) was my best and nicest.

I plan to be in labour for about 3-4 hours, in the day time, so I dont miss any sleep. I also plan to have a small but healthy baby, 5 1/2 pounds sound ideal. I plan not to tear and not to allow anybody to cut me. I also plan to allow noone near me with and giant salad tongs. There done.

I never do a birth plan coz mother nature never wants to follow it lol. I just tell the MW my requests as and when i need things. I am soooo looking foward to this birth as the last one was lovely, painful but lovely at the same time. xx

I did a plan last time and they stuck to it to the letter. If you want to see the type of thing on it let me know and I'll post it ;)

with ffion i was in the hospital, at 1.30 i said i was starting to be in pain and my last birth was quite quick, the midwifes ran me a bath and said i wasnt dilating. 1.45 i got in the bath and straight back out again i told them i needed to go to delivery (about 2am) they examined me and i had just starting dilating. i asked them to ring colin as he was at home. 2.05 i was 6cm and they were rushing me to delivery we went passed the woman on the phone to colin telling him to grab a coffee and come in when he was ready. as i was wheeled passed i yell 'dont you dare tell him to have a fucking coffee, i need him here NOW!!! 2.20 i was fully dilated,colin ran in as my waters broke and ffion came out with my waters 2 seconds later at 2.25am.

if there was a next time i think id proably be like alice and have a home birth whilst in the bathroom :rofl:

Ah wow, thats an amazing story! glad the midwifes listened to you, they'dve had a shock if they didnt!

ahh Rosie's mummy sounds like you had a really traumatic time, no wonder you wont go back to the same hopsital. What are your plans for your next birth? Are you having to have a c section?

I think from reading all these stories it sounds like the more intervention you have the more stress it seems to cause, I thought I would have every pain relief going but Im starting to think, maybe I can do this myself without being interfered with too much (?)

I want a completely natural birth Tiny, I want to feel everything and the build up of contractions is an important feature of what I want to experience. I will do everything within my power to prevent having to have a C-section - at the moment my midwife and doctor have said there is no reason for me to have another one. My C-section wasnt due to anything unavoidable, it happened because my temperature shot up and so did her heartrate; they wouldnt have left her inside, it could have been fatal so Im relieved that I was in the right place and able to have had the C-section.
The thing about pain relief is that you are bound to say you want everything, thats what I initally thought but the body is designed to cope - after feeling thise huge contractions I know its something I can deal with by myself. Im keen to try some hypnobirthing techniques too as I think it will help me to focus. You'll be fine! Your body knows what to do :)

I plan to be in labour for about 3-4 hours, in the day time, so I dont miss any sleep. I also plan to have a small but healthy baby, 5 1/2 pounds sound ideal. I plan not to tear and not to allow anybody to cut me. I also plan to allow noone near me with and giant salad tongs. There done.

I have to say none of mine were bigger than 5 lb 10 (all 35 weeks and under) and it still smarts abit :rofl:

:rofl: rhys was 6lb 8oz and ffion was 7lb 7oz... it still hurts!

i remember thinking when ffion was crowning.. 'id forgotten how much this hurts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

hmm I can imagine. Still gotta be better than a 9 pounder!

I planned to sneeze AJ out! Serously..:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back