How did you feel after your vaginal birth??

Kimbo

Reaction score
just wondering how you all felt after giving birth

easy peasy id do it again anyday! i wont lie labour hurts like helllllllllllll but the actual pushing baby out is nowhere near as scarey as it looks, and hardly hurts- and i had no pain relief (they took the gas & air off me earlier coz i was using it between contractions coz i liked feeling drunk lol!)

sorry for all the different questions im posting, but ive started thinking about the birth these last few days and im getting nervous lol

Kimbo said:
sorry for all the different questions im posting, but ive started thinking about the birth these last few days and im getting nervous lol
i was very nervous too i think every1 is- but when u get to 37weeks+ the nerves will disappear honestly u will just be sooooo fed up of being pg and so ready 2 meet ur baby. x

I voted easy peasy... which it was after i had a epidural :lol:

But i would go thru all the pain again in a second....once you have your baby in your arms you forget about everything thats happened :D

Right away i said never again but after a few days i was saying i'd happily have another. i guess its true that you forget. i dont remember the pain but i remember how i felt and my reaction to it.

I didn't vote as none of them really described how I was feeling.

I felt battered and bruised, like I'd done 10 rounds with Tyson and he'd punched me in the chuff :lol:

But there's a serenity that comes afterwards when you're so knackered, and though at first I said 'never again' it soon wears off!!

It's natural to be nervous but when the time comes nature sees to it that you're focused and you feel so ready :)

i said i wouldn't do it again but i would and it is forgetable pain once you've given birth. :D

maybe not the same day but give it 3 weeks and you wont remember the pain of the birth. :D

I felt really bad down below, I wanted to cry when I went to the loo and used to bite down on my arm, I dreaded having to go for a wee because it stung so much. I actually preferred labour, giving birth and even the ring of fire to going for a wee for the first week or two afterwards!! But it didn't and wouldn't put me off of having anymore, I was just unlucky that I grazed and tore quite badly.

ill be honest and chose the first one. But hey, im 14 weeks preggers now.

*dies* :wink:

lol actually after i had nay i said to the midwifes (oh it wasn't that bad)

i can't wait to do it all again, i miss it abit too :roll:

but i thought i could never do it and i did :clap:

i'm still well pleased witht myself :D

what hurts more is the contractions, i'll push anyday but the contractions hurt BAD.

oh and after the pain below hurt sooo bad i didn't even want to walk

I voted easy peasy because the actual pushing baby out was a doddle for me (she was only 4lbs 15oz :wink: ) It was the contractions that I would never want to experience again :?

Kimbo said:
just wondering how you all felt after giving birth

i felt like id given birth to an elephant when i had my first . I could barely walk. with the others i was fine though

The actual labour and giving birth bit is fine, I struggled more afterwards with the stitches and bruising. You do defo forget though, that's the bonus :D

can we add the option;

like i'd been hit by a huge bus and kicked down below by
a big donkey but it was worth every second and i'd do it
again in a heartbeat to have a beautiful baby like my son!

everyone get the tissues out :cry: :cry: :cry:

SORE :lol:
OH has it me on film saying im never having any more :D
you forget as you can tell by my ticker.

Minxy said:
I didn't vote as none of them really described how I was feeling.

I felt battered and bruised, like I'd done 10 rounds with Tyson and he'd punched me in the chuff :lol:

But there's a serenity that comes afterwards when you're so knackered, and though at first I said 'never again' it soon wears off!!

You've pretty much said exactly what I was thinking!

After forceps and an episiotimy I felt shock, tired and somewhat strange.
I just focussed on Isaac and didn't think about me much, until I tried to move and things were stingy. I got a bit unemotionally unwell at first, think because I didn't talk about things and just tried to do too much.
You WILL be just fine, and you WILL get through whatever happens, but just try to remain relaxed and stay positive, anything can happen but its usually very straight forward, nature generally knows what it's doing :hug: An excellent birth partner will see you through anything too, very best wishes :hug:

u kno what, actually it feels like when youve had a weekend of hard partying- tired, weak, thirsty, delicate, achey, spaced-out and fuzzy-headed! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back