How long after birth does it take?

NinjaKitty

Reaction score
Hi, I was hoping some of you ladies who have had their LOs could shed some light on something.

My unpleasant PG related symptoms have really ramped up for me over the past couple of weeks. I've have carpel tunnel, very swollen feet and ankles, I think I've got SPD as my hips and very lower back flip out as soon as I try and do anything. Generally feeling very uncomfortable and very painful at times.

Unsurprising the MW says that all this will be alleviated once I give birth. What I want to know is how long after birth does it take for these symptoms to go away? I'm fed up now and not sleeping. I know I'll get a whole new set of stuff to worry about when bubs is here. The idea that I'll have to put up with all of it after birth is scaring me.

For me the swollen , sore and puffy feeling was gone by the time I was going home the next morning :hugs: hope your not too uncomfortable

For me the spd was pretty instantish, I had an epidural so say by morning (I gave birth at 3am)

My spd was still with me for about 3-4 weeks after i gave birth to Elexia then it gradually started to ease x x

Thx everyone. In glad the symptoms seem go quite quickly. I can can deal with a lot but not all at once. Was just getting panic'd

My lower back pain was gone straight away. The swelling in my feet/ankles/hands actually got worse while I was in hospital but I think thats due to how long I was in labour (60 hours) and he fact I ended up with an epidural due to assisted delivery so was confined to bed for quite a few hours. It had totally gone by the time LO was a week old though.

Sending you hugs hun, I was so uncomfortable and in loads of pain when I was pregnant and totally sympathise with you. You'll feel loads better once LO is here I promise. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back