how common are false positives? :s

anon123

Reaction score
hi ladies,
just a quick question really because im not really sure what to belive or if i CAN belive that its true! but i had my last period at the end of feburary and was due back on at the end of march. i never came on but i didnt really think anything of it as im not always regular but last week i did a pregnancy test... (im not reli sure why, but i did) and it was positive!!!! :eek: so i did another and yet another positive!

im totally in shock so a few days later i did another two as AF still hadnt come and yet again 2 more positives!

is it common to get this many false positives or am i just... PREGNANT?

Im so scared and im not really sure what to do next! if i am pregnant how far along should i be now? and when should you start to tell your family?

any advice would be greatly appreciated

many thanks x x

With so many positives tests I would really say you are pregnant. Congratulations :)

Normally the date is date from your LMP (last missed period) and that's how far along you should be. You will get a more definite date at your scan.

False positives are almost unheard of hun!

So yes I would say you are... Congratulations!

I would book an appointment with your GP and they can work out your dates.

You can tell your family when you feel ready, some people like to tell them straight away and others prefer a little time to get their heads around the news.

xxxxxxxxxx

I have heard that it's almost impossible to get a false positive!

If you go by your last period then you could be up to 5/6 weeks pregnant, depending on how long your cycles are. Congratulations! x

Haha, I'd say it's as likely to rain vodka as it is that all those tests were false positives, congratulations! It's up to you when you tell people, go with whatever you feel comfortable doing x

have heard of false positives on blue dye tests, they can be quite bad with evaps. but it defo sounds like you are pregnant! congrats. x

The only tests I wouldn't believe are the blue dye cb tests that make a cross iykwim.
All the others I think are reliable xx

i think u can say 100% u are pregnant congrats and tell ur family wen u feel the time is right, my lmp was 3rd march and i am 5 weeks tomoro and i ahve a 28 day cycle xxx

looks like im going to have to start believing it then... arrghhhh scary stuff. thanks girls i really appreciate it. i'll book in with the doctors to 100% confirm it and then i'll tell my family. everyones going to be so excited! just to deal with the sickness and tiredness feeling now.. yipee

With so many positives tests I would really say you are pregnant. Congratulations :)

Normally the date is date from your LMP (last missed period) and that's how far along you should be. You will get a more definite date at your scan.

I had to google to check i had this right! But isnt Lmp last menstrual period?

Sent from my beautiful iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

haha you sound like me when i first got pregnant! i took 9 clear blue digitals because i didn't understand if this could be real or fake i got 3 1-2, 3 2-3, 3 3+ and then i asked online all over the place if you could get false pos when i told the doc he nearly laughed himself off his chair and said 200% you are!

Congrats to you!! hope you have a very healthy 9 months ahead.

By your shock response & saying your not sure why you did a pregnancy test in the first place I'm guessing you either havnt been TTC for long or perhaps not at all? How do you feel about it? Have you been trying or is it unexpected? xxx

I would say 100% pregnant :d
same happened to me i took 4 tests all positive and still never believed it until i saw my princess at our dating scan ,good luck

24+3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back