I am losing my mind!

kred84

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to this forum!

I would love some advice seeing as i think i'm going insane.
Last Sat i did a test, it came up positive(v faint line) so i did another 2 later on in the day, Both neg??
Another sun morning(NEG) and 3 on mon (2neg, 1pos)
so went to docs mon aternoon, he said defo pregnant as it u rarely get false positives, and i had 2, i showed him the actual tests.
My hubby didnt quite believe me (shock) so i had a test leftover, i did it to prove it to him and it came bk neg again??
Now im obsessed whether i am actually pregnant!!!i have done 3 more since last sat and all neg??? whats going on?!!!

try getting a digital one, if that comes back neg ask ur doctor if he will do some blood tests for u to check the hormone increase

One of the ones i have done was digital, 1 week ater the irst one and it came bk not pregnant.
the last one i did was this morning and that was neg too? should my hcg have increased?
if im right with my dates i should be 5 weeks and 2 days!

yh they double every 48 hrs, i hate to say it but maybe it was positive but now it isnt. like i tell all the other girls, dont bother speaking to you doc as they are useless try calling your hospital and ask to be put through to the epau department.

explain exactly what is happening ad tha your doctor is giving you the brush off and its simply not good enough and what can they do to help. epau and midwives are alot more helpful than any doctor as they deal in that specific department where as doctor deal with every tom, dick and harry lol

Thanks.
Will b mega gutted if not :(
i feel pregnant. tiredness, moodswings, tingly boobs and crampiness.
Could it not jus be that my hcg levels are still very low? the last one to come bk pos was done with a 10mui test. the clearblue was 25mui.

It is always best to test with your first wee of the day as it is more concentrated.

It is possible to get false negatives according to the midwife I saw when I miscarried. She doubted I was pregnant at all and I told her that I'd got loads of positive tests and she said that false positives are common. So they took bloods to confirm and it shows I was indeed pregnant but miscarrying :-(
Anyway, my point is that false positives are possible allegedly.

I hope you get some answers very soon. Maybe try doing a more sensitive test? An epu might help out with providing you with one of their tests x

Thanks hun.

I had a misscarige in 2005. I also have a son who was 4 yesterday.
I did the tests with those 2 and just accepted that it was positive.
For some reason i had to pee on the leftover bloody stick and work myself up!! if that hadnt have come bk neg, then i prob wouldnt be so upset now.
I was due for my depo on march 7th, but didnt have it. I have no idea why i even did a test in the first place as we werent officially trying!
But now ive had 2 pos, ive come round to the idea and will be devastated if im not

Oh hun i really feel your pain, have you tried a first response, that worked best for me last time and the others including clear blue didnt show up till later.

here's some good info about what you are going through (this site has lots of experiments with pregnancy tests and may give you some more answers: http://www.peeonastick.com/falsepos.html

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back