unsure/denial

BumbleTumble

Reaction score
hello
:wave:

i will get straight to the point here, before i start rambling.
i did two clearblue digi tests today, both positive with accurate time since conception (1-2 weeks).
although they say its over 99% accurate etc and i can find nothing on the net about false positives being common with these tests, i am still refusing to believe it.

they say these tests are as accurate as a doctors test. is it still worth going to the doctor? i suppose they will have to do proper checks and stuff.
also, how small is the chance that it could be a false positive?

these tests were'nt even done with the first pee of the day, when the hcg is strongest apparently, so i dont know if that would make it anymore 'real'.

any advice would be appreciated :)

I've only ever heard of false negatives, never false positives. I think it's fair to say ur pregnant! So congratulations! :) if you really still don't believe it, go to docs and I'm sure they'll confirm it for you.xx

wow.:shock:

thankyou :)
not really sure how to feel right now!
:ignore:or:help:or:dance:
will go to the doctors on monday to properly make sure.

(sorry for excessive use of emoticons!)

I read recently that it's only possible to get false negative NOT false positive to I would say big congratulaions xx :)

definatly no doubts in my mind hun! massive congratulations 2 u.it'll maybe just take a couple of days 4 the realisation 2 kick in,when i first found out i couldnt believe it either,then the dreams started....every dream was baby related! wishin u a healthy an happy 9 monthes.xxxx

As the others said extremely extremely rare for false positive so Congrats!
Also when u go docs, and you tell them you have2 clear blue positives they will just start you on the process, home pregnancy tests are so accurate docs can't do any better! I was thinking actually the other day that no one in all my visits even felt my belly so until the scan that's the first 'proof' they had! Lol

Same here. When I found out through home pregnancy kits, docs didn't test me, feel my tummy or anything. I didn't believe for a while. It was only at 6 weeks I had some crippling tummy pain and had to go to epu for an early scan. As I saw my lil grain of rice with a heart beat that's when it became real!xx

My doctor just looked at me and laughed lol (I used to work with him at the hospital downstairs so he knew what I'm like). He didn't test anything but answered loads of questions xxxxxxx

My doctors won't do pregnancy tests because the ones off the street are accurate. Congrats!

X

It's not possible to get a false positive on a CB digi that's for sure at it's not very sensitive.

I got a "BFP" yesterday within 30 secs on a cheapy and i'm not pregnant, but i'm on high doses of hormones so i think it must be that so they can happen.

I don't think yours is a false one though, so better get used to the idea ;)

Congrats :)

Last edited:
ye u can get a false negative but not a false positive thats what we got told too.
congrats!!!!

awe congratulations hun thats awesome news and i dont think the digi positives are ever wrong are they??

whoop whoop congrats :) xxxx

oh...my...god

actually terrified.
but happy too :)

thankyou everyone
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads