How big is your hospital bag?

Based on my last experience I was in for a week. I definitely using a small wheelie suitcase for me and a changing bag for baby :thumbup:

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

I have packed quite a bit for me in case induced as that can take days sometimes as opposed to hours so want to be prepared.

Thanks ladies,
atleast everyone has a big bag!!
so much needed!!

xxx

I'm doing the same as last time.

I had a Sainsbury reusable bag as my labour bag...which was perfect. It was easy to access what I needed and more importantly easy for hubby to find what I was demanding for!

Then I had the changing bag for baby.

And a small (carry on plane size) suitcase for after birth. We left that in the car and hubby got it when I was moved to the mat ward.

Most of the other ladies had suitcases, some big ones!!

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Ladies what do I need for baby? I've got car seat, baby gros, hats, mittens etc, newborn nappies, blankets, formula (do I take those pre-made up ones for new borns?-I'm not bf) - but what else do I need? I feel like I'm missing loads but can't think what!!!x

I have used my weekend bag for my things and plan to use the changing bag for baby. Though the more I look at the list of things I need to include, the more I think there is no way they are all going to fit!! My bag is pretty much done now. Need to get washing all of baby's things!!

Ladies what do I need for baby? I've got car seat, baby gros, hats, mittens etc, newborn nappies, blankets, formula (do I take those pre-made up ones for new borns?-I'm not bf) - but what else do I need? I feel like I'm missing loads but can't think what!!!x

Cotton wool/wipes
I think the pre made formula is great for hospital. The less faff the better while you're in there.
There's not much a newborn needs :)

----------------

Maybe nappy bags.
Sudocrem (prob won't need it)

I'm wondering what I'm meant to dress an august baby in. I'm used to a winter baby and lots of layers.

Will I need long sleeved baby grows for hospital?

----------------

Thank you, not much I haven't missed then.....I keep thinking of things I might need & panicking! x

ive got a holdall that i used last time, its basically just a black gymbag

No idea....hoping I won't need it at all although I still have to pack one just in case. We live right next to the hospital so will send hubby back for stuff if necessary. Probably use my gym bag as I don't want to waste money on something noone might ever see if my homebirth goes to plan! :) xx

I'm taking in addition a shawl for photo in and cotton wool and Vasaline as a mw told me if u put Vasaline on their bum it makes black poo come off easier? Not sure how true but il give it a go. Also if u aren't bf bottle to feed from nappy sacks and mayb something to sterilize the teats in? X

I take med duffle bag. Don't overdo it with toys etc.... Baby mainly sleeps and you will too. My top list was few onesies (NB ), comfy sleepwear, hair brush and lotion (skin gets dry),personal care stuff, coming home comfy outfit, camera, and iPad. When baby is born you will mainly want to sleep and so will baby. It was almost frustrating to me how much my son and daughter slept because I wanted to interact with them so much! But enjoy the time they sleep by having baby on your chest and BOND. :). SIGhhhhh, I can't wait for this one to come. Just remembering this stuff gets me all choked up.

I'm planning on taking baby's things in change bag, any my bits in a small suitcase (hand luggage size) hubby also wants to take his own bag. Only taking enough for a day post birth as my unit like to get people out in 6H. If I stay longer, hubby can bring me in stuff as he can only stay visiting hours anyway and I'm ten mins from the hosp.

I'm 34 weeks so I suppose I ought to get packing!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back