How big is your hospital bag?

Corrinne37

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
as the title says .... how big?

I had a lge changing bag for baby, but its not big enough to fit all the grows, vests, blankets, hats , cuddly toy, aswell as nappies , cotton wool etc.

Then for my bag with 2 x nighties, bras , 5 x pair of knickers, slippers, light dressing gown, breast pads, maternity pads, wash bag full of miniature toiletries, TENS machine, cd palyer, spare batteries, phone charger, spare purse of change, water spray, eye pillow not mention snacks and drinks.
Plus I have read that itis a good idea to pack your own blanket for comfort and pregnancy pillow (and mine is a god send at the mo when sleeping!!) Its like blimey!!

The bag I had is way too small, it was just a beach type style bag, thats all i have apart from my suitcase!!
Is packing a case a bit crazy???
Have I gone a bit crazy wanting to pack all this stuff???

What are all you ladies doing and using to pack it in?

xx

P.s Packing my bag is really making it all sink in!! In a week to 4 weeks -
I'M HAVING A BABY!!!!!!!!! EEEKKKKKK!!!!!:girl:

Eek so exciting, I have bought a holdall for 12 pounds from sports direct in the end as I couldn't fit it in my other bags I owned esp as I wanted to take a towel of my own. Then babys bag is In a smallish beach style bag. Someone said to me to take pillows so they are going in car seperatly with bouncy ball too and tens machine x

I have a medium sports bag with my bits and bobs (having a csection), just need to add slippers and snacks.
Baby has large holdal, changing bag and large reusable bag with extra nappies, formula, cotton wall etc.
Looks like ive packed for a week rather than 3 days lol

Toni 37+0

Last edited:
Iv done 2 overmiht bags hun....1 for my stuff & 1 for baby and hubby stuff.
Y friend took a suitcase when she went in so u cood fo thst rather than bags if u prefer

xxx

image.jpg

Heres mine and Noahs bags lol.
Mine has a few bits for OH and snacks in aswell.

Feel like im off on my holidays!!! Haha x

I took a changing bag for baby and a big weekend/overnight bag for me. It wasn't enough! I had so many extra carrier bags and shopping bags to go with them. I wish I'd have took a suitcase then it would've been less carrying for everyone else between wards haha. Mind you I was in hosp for 6 days so that could've had an effect on how much stuff I needed x

Last edited:
Iv done 2 overmiht bags hun....1 for my stuff & 1 for baby and hubby stuff.
Y friend took a suitcase when she went in so u cood fo thst rather than bags if u prefer

xxx

Hi Bella,
How are you doing?
I think a suitcase just might keep it all together more and easier to carry, well it can be pulled!!
What are you packing for hubby???

xx

I took a changing bag for baby and a big weekend/overnight bag for me. It wasn't enough! I had so many extra carrier bags and shopping bags to go with them. I wish I'd have took a suitcase then it would've been less carrying for everyone else between wards haha. Mind you I was in hosp for 6 days so that could've had an effect on how much stuff I needed x

Well I was in for 4 days last time, hopefully wont be as long but its best to be prepared hey!!

xxx

View attachment 39372

Heres mine and Noahs bags lol.
Mine has a few bits for OH and snacks in aswell.

Feel like im off on my holidays!!! Haha x

I love your bags Babyslog, cant beat a bit of animal print!!
You still hanging in there?? Any day now hey.! EEK!!!! xx

Ohhh im leopard print mad haha! Phone case, purse, diary, umbrella! U name it i got it haha! The big one wa only £15 from primark, its got a pull out handle and wheels fits loooads in!! heavy tho but thats OHs job haha!

Im good thanks hun, still bloody waiting! 2days to go but i think ill be waiting alot longer :( lol

Hope ur good huni :) xx

Mines a small suitcase but I have no where near finished packing it lol! I have it all in one case at the moment but baby stuff will have to move to another bag of his own xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

i have a mini suitcase for me and have packed baby changing bag with babies stuff xx

I've got a little suitcase for my things, then a big bag full of baby's bits :) all pink! Haha x

Hey corrinne you make me laff, no you're not crazy well if you are then so am I cos I'm taking all the same things as you! Babys changing bag is stuffed full. My bag is a weekender bag from primark, a tenner. Its navy with cream spots and looks a bit cath kidson hehe. That is FULL now so I have another overnight bag to put in a bath towel (hate hospital towels), baby blanket, snacks and phones and chargers. Would probably be better off with a suitcase to be honest instead of 3 full bags! oh well it won't be me carrying them lol. It's exciting though, our babies will be here very soon! Xxx

I have this bag from debenhams.

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_36536+T42542_-1

Its actually bigger than I thought and I've managed to fit everything in and have a small space left so considering taking in my straightners (as if i'll have time to use them!). I havent packed a pillow though so if I take one I'll just carry it. I have another small bag which will be left in the boot with extra stuff like nappies, pads, formula and more clothes in case I have to stay in for longer.

I think I have packed too much clothes and stuff for me though, as with last pregnancy I was in hospital for a week even before baby was born and so I keep thinking back to then. Even if I end up having a section I'd like to think I'd be home next day this time.

I have this bag from debenhams.

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_36536+T42542_-1

Its actually bigger than I thought and I've managed to fit everything in and have a small space left so considering taking in my straightners (as if i'll have time to use them!). I havent packed a pillow though so if I take one I'll just carry it. I have another small bag which will be left in the boot with extra stuff like nappies, pads, formula and more clothes in case I have to stay in for longer.

I think I have packed too much clothes and stuff for me though, as with last pregnancy I was in hospital for a week even before baby was born and so I keep thinking back to then. Even if I end up having a section I'd like to think I'd be home next day this time.

Well just double checked MY bag to see what I'd missed apart from snacks and it seems I'd forgotton to put any clothes to wear home in LOL good job I checked baby. Had clothes just not ke what a picture I'd be in cheap blackprimark pants and cheap primark nighty coming home otherwise lol (have packed two nightys anyway but baby brain seriously!!!!!!

I have a small suitcase for me and a overnight holdall for babys things. It is good to seperate things as if mw needs to grab baby clothes all in one place.

I've managed to fit in as much as I can into what's going to be my baby changing bag after she's here, it came pre-packed from amazon so already has some nappies, cotton wool etc packed in plastic so saves some space! I'm taking my usual big handbag with me aswell so any of my stuff that doesn't fit will be over flowing into that haha! I'm on the animal print aswell! My baby bag is zebra print- the same as my handbag lol!x

Ha I haven't even packed my bags yet lol. Still need to wash all the baby clothes first. Think I'd better get on to it this week :) But will be taking a decent size holdall for myself and putting baby things into the baby changing bag I've bought. I'm hoping to be home the same day or next day at most so not planning on taking too much really cos most of it isn't even used going by past experience xx

I got a huge holdall from Argos really cheap, it's not exactly pretty looking but it holds all my stuff and baby's and I didn't exactly scrimp on what I packed. I was worried it was a bit too big but i feel I need everything iv packed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back