how bad is this?

babsi

Reaction score
Am I overreacting or not?

My mum is one of the most difficult people on earth. I live in Canada and said about going for Christmas a few months ago, first it was all ok but then it wasn't (I think she was just stringing me along) and she said we couldn't come as it cost too much! I said over and over that isn't a problem and then just left it.

About a month ago we booked out flights to London for 2 weeks or so. (it was a 2 for 1 offer, otherwise I might have gone longer then my husband but we have to go on exactly the same flights) The 1st week we are going to Madrid and then for 4 nights or so we were planning just to stay in London. But then my mum was giving me a guilt trip that they won't see Kai! And they have to get to London to see him for a few hours when we were originally planning to go for Christmas!

Now they are trying to get me to go to my hometown but we can't stay there! (they don't like my husband bascially and he hasn't done anything wrong to her) I have been looking at hotels and they are well over 200 pounds. They have the room in the house that isn't the problem and you just think they would like to see Kai as they have only seen him when I was there for a month. They have hardly made any effort to come and visit me when i have lived here for nearly 6 years. Once my mum came when I was married in 2001 and then for 1 week in 2003. I live in Toronto and they have been to Montreal which isn't far, I wasn't allowed to go and visit them when they went there. They have been to Boston, San Francisco and Phoenix also since I have been here. You think they would have wanted to see me? I make the effort and go every year for a month.

What should we do? I really begrudge paying for a hotel where I come from(there is really no one else to stay with) and probably won't enjoy it and just feel like teaching them a lesson and going to London and staying there.

Sorry the whole thing pisses me off and it is alright for me to waste money on hotels when they wouldn't do the same thing.

They said they would come for Kai's birthday in January but wouldn't see my husband, how is that possible?

Do what feels right for you, you have your own family now to look after! Explain how you feel and if know one can find a solution do what you wanna do! :hug:

sorry i'm useless at good things to say but i feel for you having an awkward n selfish sounding family mine are pretty similar.

i'm really not sure what i would do in your situation but have this to calm you down :hug: :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back