Who thinks this is wrong????

Today on the off chance i went in to a oxfam furniture shop and saw a nice leather sofa that i need for my office. Its £120 , so i thought ok i would ask if they will take £100 , and obviously they said no.

so i said ok i will pay the £120 , he then asked if i want it delivered and i said yes , he asked where we live And i said literally 50 foot steps from your front door.

He replied ok delivery will be £20 , and i replied as you collect furniture for free you can have a single divan bed , double pine bed and a tv unit and drop off the sofa to us for free.

his reply was no we would still have to pay £20

i mean come on we offered all this stuff which they will come and collect for free but wont drop the sofa off at the same time?????

he then said we will collect your furniture at the same time but you still have to pay £20 for petrol costs.

i replied ok your supposed to be a charity and you can keep your damn sofa.

DOES ANYONE APART FROM ME THINK THAT THIS IS ABSOLUTLY BULL*HIT

i totally agree with you Dan, i think it is just a case when you give stupid little people too much free rein. the power goes to their head.

Oxfam is so over priced anyway.

i dont think that i would have been so polite though.

maybe you should set Max on him.

lol

yea that was totally wrong Dan, very unfair! like davina said i think you should set max on him!! or let him loose in the shop and make a right mess of it!!! ha ha

the thing that makes me laugh , all the older people that work in there voluntary look just like antique dealers , i bet they get their perks!!!!

i was so damn angry i rang the local news station lol

they just said they agree its not on but oxfam can do what they like

We have a charity furniture shop by us, delivery is £5

20 quid! what a rip off! Even if you lived 10 miles away petrol wouldn't be that much.

after all the crap and messing about , elaine spoke to the manager and we can have it for £100 delivered.

:lol:

my office will look even nicer now :lol:

just got the sofa and chair and it originally come from ikea at the cost of over £700 lol and its in new condition.

not bad for £100 :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back