How are all you new mummies doing?

left my phone at home today and feel like ive lost my arm!!! back to get it at lunch :lol:

Lol Bex I couldn't find mine for 30 minutes this afternoon went mental trying to find it

Our thread was so far down the list I had trouble finding it!

How's everyone doing?

Good to hear from you. :) I'm back at work :-( But Isabelle is settling in well at nursery. She's walking and she knows over 30 signs, but she has forgotten how to go to sleep in the evening, so we're finding those quite a challenge atm.

How are you?

Good thanks. These babies are growing up so fast. 30 signs! That's amazing! Emma doesn't even know what no means! Lol.

Here's a pic I took earlier.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 30
Hi maud,

That's great that Isabelle is walking. How being back at work isn't too bad for you. I'm back at work too - full time is a killer

Cute pic; doesn't she look all grown up role- playing!

The job I've gone back to is rubbish, but at least I am busy so the day passes fairly quickly. I don't know how you manage working full-time; I'm already struggling to fit everything into my at home days and I've only done one full 3 day week so far!!

I don't!! I pay people to clean the house and muddle through the rest of the time.

At least the day's going quick for you

We're doing well, thanks for asking :)

Work is still dull but Isabelle has settled into nursery really well. We're taking her to a wedding next weekend. Dreading it!

How are you?

Not bad thanks. Thomas is teething again with his canine teeth which has lasted nearly two weeks but he's sleeping ok.

We're expecting number two now so he's going to be a big brother in February.

Wedding sounds lovely, we haven't been to any this year.

I know thought I'd give it a prod!!

Is the job any better now maud or is it still about getting the home life balance right?

I'm just finding it a bit hard to find my role in an essentially new job, especially after so long away and only working part-time. Sadly this won't have done my career any favours. Isabelle is most important though!

Blow the career, I literally couldn't be any less interested about work right now, can't wait to be on leave again and then go back to a better work life balance part time. No chance I'm going back full time.

You're right, little ones are much too important.

Is Isabelle saying anything yet? Thomas hasn't really started speaking proper words yet, just babbles his own little language all the time

She signs over 50 words and makes an effort to say over a dozen. She's babbling a lot now as well so we don't think it will be long before proper talking. Quite pleased as she was very slow to hit the early milestones for speech.

Last edited:
How is everyone?

We had several weeks of sleep issues, which we finally sorted out, and then Isabelle had some bug yesterday that threw her right out of sorts and we spent most of the night in her room. Maybe she's getting us used to not having enough sleep... as you can see from my new ticker I am pregnant again :)

Just hoping to sort out a pay rise at work before I have to tell them I'm pregnant!

Yay congratulations! How have you been feeling with this pregnancy?

Things have been abit rough for the past week in our house as we've all had this horrible cold that's going round. Luckily seem to be getting over it now, but Thomas has been a right cranky pants on and off all weekend which I think is partly frustration and not being able to express himself but also think he's in pain from his teeth again as his canines are coming through.

I can't believe Isabelle can sign over 50 words, that's amazing

Thanks. I'm feeling much happier with this pregnancy so far. Hoping that will continue as anxiety issues really stopped me enjoying a lot of pregnancy last time. Starting to get morning sickness though which is eugh. How are you?

Isabelle's canines are growing too. Think that's what is causing trouble this weekend as she had another bad night - temperature rocketing up :-( Hopefully she'll be OK at nursery today.

She's turned into a really good communicator. She signs 60 words and is talking all of the time. Sometimes she comes out with funny things like she says 'cheese baby' when she wants a Babybel, lol. She's obsessed with babies at time moment too. Hopefully that'll continue when she becomes a big sister!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back