How are all you new mummies doing?

Toria111

Reaction score
We've gone from being on here all the time, to hardly ever!lol. it's amazing how much time and energy these little people take up huh!

Emma is 4 weeks now and things are finally getting a bit easier thank goodness! In the last 4 weeks I've been so tired, I managed to wash my hair with body wash and not even realise till I tried to brush it! Shaved my legs with a rusty razor :-/ it hasn't been used much lately, but I forgot to turn the light on before going in the bathroom so showered in the dark! Then yesterday I bought the kids school disco tickets at school, then totally forgot to take the tickets or my change!lol

I've managed to lose my debit card - no idea where! Spray deodorant on my hair and make a chilli con carne without putting any chilli in!

Jasper is 4 weeks old today - the last month has been a complete blur! He's refusing to sleep anywhere other than on me and often only goes an hour between feeds - I've never been so tired before. But I just love being a mum :)

things seem to be going far better than i expected actually.

i havent dropped him, let his head fall off or accidentally leave him on the bus yet lol.

he sleeps really well for a newborn. Last night he slept midnight-4:45am then had his bottle and a nappy change then about 5:10- 9am which is more or less usual for him.

he was quite weepy today, just wouldnt stop crying and at first i thought it was him understanding the budget far too well then i realised he hadn't had a poo for ages... then i sent hubby to check nappy lol... it was RAAAANK lol. hes been calm since then so i think he was constipated ive also been wee'd on thismorning lol

i think my udders are packing up - milk has gone really watery and doesnt seem to fill him. were on combi feeding but i think it'll end up being formula but im still epressing and feeding alongside the c&g.

The only thing i wasnt expecting was having a c-section so im still recovering from that - i did a bit too much walking yesterday and im feeling it today. im also on blood thinning injections for another month but im going to see my doctor tomorrow cos its stupid and i want to come off them

I've managed to lose my debit card - no idea where! Spray deodorant on my hair and make a chilli con carne without putting any chilli in!

At least you are attempting a proper meal!lol. My kids haven't seen a vegetable in a month. Hope you cancelled your debit card!

Jasper is 4 weeks old today - the last month has been a complete blur! He's refusing to sleep anywhere other than on me and often only goes an hour between feeds - I've never been so tired before. But I just love being a mum :)

I have no idea how you are copeing on that little sleep. I'm bottle feeding now, so at least at the weekend I can get my oh to do a night feed so I can get a full nights sleep and recharge my batteries.

things seem to be going far better than i expected actually.

i havent dropped him, let his head fall off or accidentally leave him on the bus yet lol.

he sleeps really well for a newborn. Last night he slept midnight-4:45am then had his bottle and a nappy change then about 5:10- 9am which is more or less usual for him.

he was quite weepy today, just wouldnt stop crying and at first i thought it was him understanding the budget far too well then i realised he hadn't had a poo for ages... then i sent hubby to check nappy lol... it was RAAAANK lol. hes been calm since then so i think he was constipated ive also been wee'd on thismorning lol

i think my udders are packing up - milk has gone really watery and doesnt seem to fill him. were on combi feeding but i think it'll end up being formula but im still epressing and feeding alongside the c&g.

The only thing i wasnt expecting was having a c-section so im still recovering from that - i did a bit too much walking yesterday and im feeling it today. im also on blood thinning injections for another month but im going to see my doctor tomorrow cos its stupid and i want to come off them

Haha, I'm waiting for the day I forget Emma somewhere too!lol.

Emma has been quite unsettled today too, and think she was constipated. She's making up for it this evening though!

Yeah I thought I was all recovered from section too, then I do too much and the aches return. My stitch at the end isn't dissolving either, and getting caught a lot. Quite uncomfortable.

my mw took my stapels out a week ago. she was not impressed at them though and asked me what clown put them in as some werent even in thr wound, just nipping skin together and some had obviously been put it wrong asnd tried to be taken out but pushed back in when the attempt failed.

i walked for like an hour straight yesterday and apparently it was too much. going for another walk tomorrow but shorter one.

i think ive had propper meals every night... i feel like hes lulling us into a false sense of security lol

Josie is a week old now and a pretty good baby. I'm completely besotted! She's just let me have 4 hours sleep for the first time so I'm feeling much better! I am struggling having to also entertain my 3 yr old and no idea how I'm going to cope when hubby goes back to work on Monday!

my mw took my stapels out a week ago. she was not impressed at them though and asked me what clown put them in as some werent even in thr wound, just nipping skin together and some had obviously been put it wrong asnd tried to be taken out but pushed back in when the attempt failed.

i walked for like an hour straight yesterday and apparently it was too much. going for another walk tomorrow but shorter one.

i think ive had propper meals every night... i feel like hes lulling us into a false sense of security lol

I'm back driving now, but I had to walk the kids to and from school the first few weeks. 30 minute round trip, but can't have done much good pushing a pram back home up a hill fully loaded with all the kids things too!

I'm currently at the hairdressers getting colour and cut. It would be bliss if I didn't keep nodding off. I'm sure the wash and head massage is going to put me in a deep sleep!lol.

Josie is a week old now and a pretty good baby. I'm completely besotted! She's just let me have 4 hours sleep for the first time so I'm feeling much better! I am struggling having to also entertain my 3 yr old and no idea how I'm going to cope when hubby goes back to work on Monday!

I had a mini panic when my oh went back to work. Didn't think I would cope. My kids are 7 and 5 so at least I can ship them off to school. Although getting them there and back on time is proving difficult.

I had a mini panic when my oh went back to work. Didn't think I would cope. My kids are 7 and 5 so at least I can ship them off to school. Although getting them there and back on time is proving difficult.

Ella goes to nursery 3 mornings a week which will help but still panicking! Sounds like you're coping really well :)

Not to bad so far. I have started to get cabin fever though, town is too far to walk too and going from a very busy job surrounded by people all day to being with only 1 or 2 has been hard.

I've been getting quite OCD about the house too so I've stressed myself out a few times and imploded in hubbies direction. Think I'm getting better though and should be able to drive next week all being well.

Thomas is sleeping quite well, he wakes up a couple of times in the night, usually at 2 then 5 so I'm getting a pretty decent sleep, although he's still mostly sleeping on me but at least he's sleeping.

Loving all the development stuff though, he's holding his head up well for the odd stint, got some cute smiles the other day too.

Just feel like I'm in a strange but lovely bubble.

Jojo- I can't believe you're still on blood thinning injections. I only had 7 days of the after my c-sec and must have had dissolving stitches as had no staples removed

Are you supposed to have blood thinning injections after a section? I just got sent on my way with some paracetamol for 2 days.

Not to bad so far. I have started to get cabin fever though, town is too far to walk too and going from a very busy job surrounded by people all day to being with only 1 or 2 has been hard.

I've been getting quite OCD about the house too so I've stressed myself out a few times and imploded in hubbies direction. Think I'm getting better though and should be able to drive next week all being well.

Thomas is sleeping quite well, he wakes up a couple of times in the night, usually at 2 then 5 so I'm getting a pretty decent sleep, although he's still mostly sleeping on me but at least he's sleeping.

Loving all the development stuff though, he's holding his head up well for the odd stint, got some cute smiles the other day too.

Just feel like I'm in a strange but lovely bubble.

What date was Thomas born? I went to GP when Emma was 2 weeks and 1 day and GP said I was ok to drive. I'd go round the bend if I couldn't get out and about.

Although it's a bit scary having her in the car seat in the back and not being able to get to her quick. I'm staying local for now!

13th feb he was born. Tbh I probably could drive but I just can't be bothered to get an appointment before my 6 weeks and I figured it would stop be doing to much although I'm not sure it's helped my cabin fever!

Not sure about the blood thinners but I had to inject myself for a further 5 days after leaving hospital, I suppose because you aren't as mobile and they're worried about clots?!? Cause mine was an emergency though I'm not sure if it's standard procedure or not.

I went to work today to show off Thomas which was really nice. It's a 90 mile round trip so oh drove me. Was lovely to see everyone and have a catch up.

Pretty awful! ! My nearly 3 year old has had a bad stomachbug and was sick for 5 says in a row and is just getting better. My c section wound is infected and on antibiotics. Im feeling like poop after my blood loss, my iron count hasnt gone up any and all the midwives, health visitor and gp aaid I should have got a blood transfusion after my 2.2ltr blood loss lol I wish I had, feel I would have more energy etc

Callie my beautiful daughter is perfect lol just doesnt sleep as much as my son did, that I remember and she hasnt got the hang of being awake and not crying :) seems to be quite unsettled in general, shes sleeping just now, but I cant sleep lol her first deep sleep of the day, unless shes lying on me! Hubby is back at work for 2 days the off for another 2. Lol it will get easier! :)

Oh and I got the blood thinner injections home with me too, got 2 in hospital and took 5 home :) so glad they are over, stressed me out everytime ! :)

My section was an emergency too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back