How are you all bathing baby? Are you using gadgets?

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
This is a bit of a silly question, but we have decided to get a bath support seat to stand in the bath to wash baby and last night we bought one from birth that was £15.

Since getting it home we are not sure about it as it says we can only stand it in an inch of water, which isn't very much, and I had visions of baby getting into the water with the DH, but he can't sit in just an inch of water! :roll: :D

I was just wondering how everyone else was bathing baby and whether you have anything to recommend that we do?

The DH mentioned hosing him down in the garden. I am presuming he is joking! :shock:

Sorry if I sound a bit thick! :lol:

Hi,

not sure if it helps but we're using this:-

http://www.mothercare.com/invt/lv5683&b ... thsupports

in a tear shaped baby bath that someone gave us. He seems to love it and it gives my husband a free hand to hold him. (DH has assumed bathing role!) We haven't tried it in the big bath though. I guess it's lower than yours though so that probably doesn't help. Surely you can use more than an inch of water if you're there to hold him with your other hand?

That's probably not helpful at all- sorry!
+++

Well thats what we think!

If we are both bathing him together he's not going to drown is he!

They have probably just put one inch to cover themselves. I think we are quite sensible people :D

Thanks for your help.

i have an over the bath ,bath with a support in it so i use just one hand to wash him and the other to make sure his wriggly bum stays still but the best way i have found is to have him in th eproper bath with me then when he washed oh takes him and dries him plus hes gettin to big for his bath now :lol:

we do it the old fashioned way...

when either me or dan is in the bath, we have alana in the bath with us. you can hold her in. she loves it, can kick about and keep warm in lots of water. while the other one washes her then takes her out and drys her.

but we also some times do it alone just have to sit in bath with her then rest her on your legs while you wash her and then get out and wrap her up warm, and put her some one safe then you cant grab a towel for your self.

i have a tub top bath that i used for my other 2 girl's but megan much preffer's to be in the bath with my as there's more room to kick about then just like zor OH get's her out and dried while i have a wash :D

Sarah W Baby Belly said:
The DH mentioned hosing him down in the garden. I am presuming he is joking! :shock:

Bless just wet myself laughing!

I bath with Dom and have done since he was about 3 weeks. For the first couple of baths i used a mat filled with polystyrene bits so it floats a little and you don't get arm ache.

You are more than welcome to have it - I don't need it anymore, pm me if you would like it :)

Hey

I have a plastic bath from mothercare and a bath support which is a metal frame with a machine washable flannel cover. You hook one end over the bigger end of the bath and just lay him on it while I wash him. It was about 10 quid I think from mothercare. I still hold him with one hand but its pretty good at keeping him in one place. The bit I was worried about was swaddling him to wash his hair but once he is in my arms he feels really secure.

Lou :)

We've always bathed Ava in a baby tub with one of the foam inserts so she stays put. She's outgrowing it so I've been taking her in the tub with me....she LOVES it!

Thank you so much everyone, you have all been so helpful

I think we will take the bath thing back as it looks like it will just be a waste of money.

Thats really great thanks!

I was bought one of the baths you mentioned and I would definatly take it back its useless. I used a lot more than an inch of water in it but Aimée hated it, I just use a tub that goes over the bath now and its so much easier and she can have a splash. It looks a lot warmer to actully being in the water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back