How are all you new mummies doing?

The other nursery is a lot more expensive and less convenient so we had decided that it wasn't worth the stress of putting her there and going back to work. I'm really not comfortable with using a childminder.

I think you need to consider what's more stressful for LO

Passed around 2 nurseries or being with a childminder - have you explored any locally?

If I had to choose between 2 nurseries or a childminder - if pick the latter - for my sons sake really - it's worth considering else you may aswell stay off work

Last edited:
Can I just ask why u wudnt want to use a childminder hun??

Michelle.x

Tough one I wouldn't chose a childminder as a first choice but if I couldn't get into my chosen nursery I would consider it.

Do you have any other options or is it literally nursery or not working

hayes said:
Can I just ask why u wudnt want to use a childminder hun??

She would be with a childminders for about 11 hours a day, which I think is too long (and most don't offer these hours anyway)
I would worry about how to pick someone suitably qualified and checked out who would look after her in a way I approve of (at least with nurseries they're all checked out for us and have policies for care etc)
She would end up closer to the child minder than most of her family and then one day we would just stop using them and that would be very upsetting for her
Having to take time off work if childminder is ill or on holiday
If childminder moves or stops childminding we have to find completely new childcare

pumpkin9 said:
Do you have any other options or is it literally nursery or not working

Our only other realistic option is to put her in the more expensive nursery that is further away from where we work. We debated it for ages before deciding I would resign rather than put her in there on the basis that it would be a lot of faff and stress for minimal extra money. I was never 100% happy with that decision, but it was getting the place at the cheaper nursery that changed our minds about me going back to work!

I can totally see that hun 11hrs wud b a long day indeed.

Michelle.x

Just to update that we think we've got things sorted. My OH is going to compress his hours so he can stay home and look after LO one day a week until we can get her a nursery place for that day. I can't believe how accommodating his work are being about it - they literally agreed immediately! Now I just need to find out a bit more about the job I've been offered and make sure it's certain before we commit to the nursery. Busy busy!

That's a big change around from the other week when you were resigning huh.

That's great Maud, I'm glad you've got something sorted in the short term and i hope that the nursery place comes up quickly for the long term

Thanks! It's mad isn't it! We just can't turn down the extra money and the ability for me to keep my career going for a bit longer (although I get the impression my new job is a bit of a demotion). I may still have to give it up when we have a second baby, but at least I'll have given it a go. I am still stressed out about putting her in nursery and scared of starting a new job, but it feels totally different to how I felt when I was getting ready to resign, so I'm hoping that means we are doing the right thing...!

Well you can always resign if it's not for you. Worth a shot. :)

Hi ladies hope your all ok? What's everybody planning for baby's first birthdays? X

We're having family around for a little party. It wasn't intended to be a big deal, but we've worked out the party is costing us more than her presents, oops!! Oh well, she'll only turn one once.

OH has taken her birthday off work and we're going to take her to soft play and/or a local farm park.

Last edited:
Family are coming over to the house on Hayleys birthday. Will have sandwiches and cake. no idea how everyone will fit, over 20 people confirmed so far - our house isnt big enough! Hoping its sunny and we can just go in the garden, but i doubt that'll happen

I'm having a soft play party as my house is tiny that's two days before her birthday then on the actual day we are going to take her to the zoo or sea life centre depending on the weather xxx

Lots of friends and their kiddies on the Saturday then a small family dinner out on the Sunday x

Where is everybody?? I don't post much but I do enjoy reading all your posts and feel lonely now!!

We chat on Facebook messages a lot now as some of the girls struggle with time to catch up on the forum - we are mostly back at work and juggling the busy life. We do all post stuff on here still but our chit chat we don't as much. X

I think most of us pop back in here for a read still though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back