hospital trip today..

Oh Lex, defo can't be much longer, I'm determind not to get excited though!

x

So girls how many contractions and hoe close together before you would call the labour ward? X

I'd call them as soon as you know you're def in labour and they can advise and reassure you...but they don't normally ask you to come in until you have 3 contractions within 10 mins. Can't remember how long they are meant to last!Also call them straight away if waters break or if there is a lot of blood (more than a bit of a show) xx

I called the labour ward to see if I was able to stay at home if mine didn't ease off as I don't wanna go in until I know I'm in labour.

Since about half 7 they seemed quite regular about 5-7 mins apart then eased.

Then I got 9 that were intensifying in pain, every 6-7 mins lasting for almost exactly 40 seconds each. The midwife told me that I would only have to come in if they were every 5 and lasting for a minute or so.

I had a bath to see if I could stop um and got a few in there but not painful. Been out the bath for half an hour and just got my first painful one again. Gonna get back on timing them again although something tells me this isn't quite it?? I feel closer tho!

@Honeyloops, would you not call in if they're that
Close and for that long? This is my second too.

Blimey girl....sounds like he's on his way. Keep me posted hun and good luck!! xxx

I will babe. Really not sure about this one tho? I thought with my second I'd kind of know when in real labour but oh no! Ain't got a scooby! Will deffo let you's know if they die off or get more interesting before I go to sleep xx

So girls how many contractions and hoe close together before you would call the labour ward? X

I'd call them as soon as you know you're def in labour and they can advise and reassure you...but they don't normally ask you to come in until you have 3 contractions within 10 mins. Can't remember how long they are meant to last!Also call them straight away if waters break or if there is a lot of blood (more than a bit of a show) xx

Cool thanks hun, mw said 2/3 within ten minutes. Oh I'm not having any by the way was just wondering.

x

Woooooooo hoooooo labour watch...... I've.got the.clary out.. its.defo causing.some pains.x x

i had that many false starts on my last ds i didnt go in till i knew they was proper contractions i knew they was as soon as i could no longer just sit through 1 each time i got 1 i had to stand up and rock me bum lol good luck lex hopefully this is it :) i wont be on much tommoz though as its his 3rd birthday

That's a point, I'm hacking them to be honest. Not crippling pain but they are painful.

Oooh Jess! I reckon if I keep this up I'll get on my clary sage on sat! Fingers crossed it kick starts something for you.

Please don't get too excited girls! I've managed not to get excited myself yet so keep me in check!! I won't believe anything is happening until I can feel a head!

Yeah I'm not going to get excited till someone is actually in hospital.
X

Please don't get too excited girls! I've managed not to get excited myself yet so keep me in check!! I won't believe anything is happening until I can feel a head!

Lol, that's always my worry - that I'll leave it too long, thinking it's nothing, then end up having him at home or in the taxi on the way there or something! xx

Lol, that's always my worry - that I'll leave it too long, thinking it's nothing, then end up having him at home or in the taxi on the way there or something! xx

Lol me too! I want to stay at home for as long as I can cope with the pain as well. X

Pmsl feel the head lol.
I want a sure fire way to tell before I go back to hospital again.
X x

Well they're not dying off but not getting stronger or closer together so I'm gonna stop timing now and go to sleep. No doubt I'll be cool in the morning but I'll check in with u guys then xxx

Well they're not dying off but not getting stronger or closer together so I'm gonna stop timing now and go to sleep. No doubt I'll be cool in the morning but I'll check in with u guys then xxx

Good luck :)

I called the labour ward to see if I was able to stay at home if mine didn't ease off as I don't wanna go in until I know I'm in labour.

Since about half 7 they seemed quite regular about 5-7 mins apart then eased.

Then I got 9 that were intensifying in pain, every 6-7 mins lasting for almost exactly 40 seconds each. The midwife told me that I would only have to come in if they were every 5 and lasting for a minute or so.

I had a bath to see if I could stop um and got a few in there but not painful. Been out the bath for half an hour and just got my first painful one again. Gonna get back on timing them again although something tells me this isn't quite it?? I feel closer tho!

@Honeyloops, would you not call in if they're that
Close and for that long? This is my second too.

Yes if it was any1 asking me I'd say to call or go in, but if I lie down on left they eventually stop. So I'll call in as soon as they build to every 3 to 5 mins and 2min in length no matter how I position myself. Or unless like my 1st where waters went then contractions. I had false labour with my second too and ended up being sent home from hospital. So this time I'm going to wait it out a bit more b4 I go in ;) x

Yeah I get ya Honeyloops. U have the experience of a few labours so know how your body feels, I feel a little clueless!!

Pains and tightenings r still here this morning. Just woke up so don't know how regular but they couldnt have been that bad cos they didn't wake me up.

Went to the toilet I can't even tell you how many times last night for wees and literally feel shoulders near my hip bones so know he was busy burrowing down yesterday. Can barely walk cos it feels like there's a football between my legs.

Have to see if anythin happens today. Could be verrrrrrrry slow labour I suppose? X

That's what I think hun defo slow labour...
Glad your ok though.
Was just gonna.txt.you this morning to see how you were.
I slept really well if anything.that clary is good for that.
X x

Well I feel like knockin out after a clary sage radox bath so I'd probably collapse with the actual oil in there! Lol!

Really feel the need for a number 2 now as well so I know he's very low. He'd better stay there now too!!

Glad you slept well Hun. I was too hot and on the toilet too much. :-\

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back