Hospital clothing

LauraKC

Reaction score
what are you going to wear in hosptial? the books say to take front buttoned up nighties but is this necessary and what will you wear to give birth in? my friend said you just end up throwing your nightie away so its not worth spending much. Another friend said she gave birth in a sports bra! if i do get some new nighties they will just be cheapo ones. any idea of where they do bargain ones? :D

Hi Laura,

I bought a pack of 2 maternity nighties from asda for £8 so I will not feel bad when I have to throw one away.

One buttons all the way down the front and the other is just at the top.

Hope this helps.

Sally

I just bought 2 really cheap ones. never got the chance to wear one for the birth as i still had my clothes on but they came in handy for straight after the birth then i just threw it away.

i wore a nightdress in a -cheap matalan job-i washed and kept it in nathans special box- after i had delivered i had a bath and got dressed, everyone kept staring at me cos i didnt put another nightdress on, and one mum said omg look at me in my nightie and youve managed to get dressed! like i was supermum or something??!! it was only cos i didnt wanna be there i wanted to go home, it never worked though.

Ive packed the same one I gave birth to DD in 14 years ago :lol:

I never had the heart to throw it out!

I've got some cheapy button-up ones in sale from mothercare. I'm really keen to get skin to skin contact. I have a feeling I may just whip everything off anyway if it's too hot :rotfl: (Pity the poor MW).

I bought some cheapies from Primark, but the hozzie gave me a fetching gown to wear!!! :puke:

I wore my normal clothes from the night I went into be induced up until 11 AM the next day when I had my waters broken and it was then that I had to put on one of those nasty foul hospital gowns (OMG I hate them :lol:) and I had to stay in that until I had him then after I had a shower I bloody made sure I wore something that I WANTED TO WEAR :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: so I put on my Neil Hodgson shirt and that's the one i'm wearing on the photos of me and Lennon and I took some nighties with me but never wore them, I hate them that's why I took my bike shirts :rotfl:

zoe c said:
I bought some cheapies from Primark, but the hozzie gave me a fetching gown to wear!!! :puke:

Yeah me too very SEXY :rotfl:

Hi,
I'm probably gonna do what I did last time. In the last weeks of pregnancy I'd been wearing big baggy tee-shirts, so when I got dressed to to into hosptal to have the baby, I just wore whatever was to hand- and the only thing i had to throw away was my socks (yearchh!!).
My normal nighties/pygamas were button-through anyway, so didn't need to buy special ones.... and once labour's over, why would you want to throw anything away?
No extra expense necessary!

TM

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back