When did you get organised?

ella

Reaction score
Just wondering when you had stuff more or less ready for the big day and when do you actually pack?

Ill probably pack in a few weeks but think I should get a wee bit organised now?

Oh and what did you bring for giving birth in and will it definately end up in the bin? Do you change between being in labour walking around the ward and what you wear for the actually delivery? Do you wear a bra for delivery as they will immediately pass you the baby to hold skin to skin wont they?

Sorry thought of lots of questions :lol:

I packed at about 28 weeks because we went on a long weekend away and i didn't want to be in the situation where I would have to go to hospital somewhere far from home without any of my stuff.

My actual hospital bags though I didn't properly finish til about 36 weeks cos I kept adding to the 28 week ones!

I got to the hospital in labout at 3pm, didn't walk around but had a bath instead and then got transferred straight to birth pool so I didn't ruin any clothes in labour. Try not to take white pajama's for afterwards tho ;)

last time I think I had stuff ready from about 30 weeks. Haven't even begun doing it yet, but think I will this week. I know were everything is, I just need to put it all in a case!

I only really finished packing my bags yesterday... (still need bras though, but I'm waiting for my mum to go to the UK and get me some as they are cheaper over there, and come in black and not "innocent" white and pink :roll: )...

I've actually packed it later this time, than last time... and only packed so early because I've been told Little miss is quite low down and may come early.. otherwise I wouldn't have bothered tbh...

I dunno if they still do them but in Mothercare they used to do these sleep bras, soft feeding bras you can wear in bed... they don't offer much in the way of support, but they are dead comfortable.. and very easy to move out the way when breastfeeding after birth...

As for what to wear... get yourself a cheapy nighty from somewhere... because it will get covered in blood and thrown away alternatively just use the hospital gowns with a dressing gown if you leave your room... You really really won't be bothered about what you look like or if people can see your bits when your in labour... Honestly :) ... but get yourself a nice set of dark pj's/nighty for afterwards, so that you can change and shower and feel clean. :)

well although i have things in the bags im packing..its been more.. sorting than packing.. im waiting for my changing unit with draws to come to sort things out of carrier bags :roll:

i was packed before this last time.. and.. was in and out of hospital about now to..
the cot is up and moses basket covers washed.. everythings washed.. need to get some towels out of the airing cupboard to set asside so that they are ready by xmas i recon..(home birth) ahh i dunno.. to much hassle lol.. gonna start collecting coins tho..must put that in my mind!

I dunno if they still do them but in Mothercare they used to do these sleep bras, soft feeding bras you can wear in bed... they don't offer much in the way of support, but they are dead comfortable.. and very easy to move out the way when breastfeeding after birth...

They do still do them. I got some a few weeks ago, i had to order them as they are so popular and sooo sooo comfi.

are they sort of sports bra thype sleep bras? i ear mine in teh day if they are them.. theya re amazing. and they are nursing bras.. and i find them quite supportive..and bloody well comfy...

Im gonna start doing mine soon, wanted to start this morning, but dd has come down with this sickness bug :x was awake until 4.30am this morning, were both shattered.

I'm 36+1 and I only finished doing the labour bag 2 days ago. THe hospital bag still isn't done and the baby things are yet to be done too - clothes ready, cot ready etc. NOTE TO SELF, I WILL DO IT :think:

most sites say to do it by 36ish weeks.. well im going to be 36 weeks xmas day... hmmm. think il try and do it either before xmas or in the week between xmas and new year..xmas newyear.. be fine.. not got that much to get sorted neways...

Im An Over-Organised Obsessive Freak :lol: Everythings Been Ready For God Knows How Long Now. Id Panic If It Wernt x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back