Hospital bags

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
Anyone packed there's yet?

Really wanting too and thinking about buying all the breast pads and maternity pads this weekend

Am I mad?

Nothing wrong with being prepared!!! xx

No, you're not mad. If you start packing now you will probably figure out what you should have with you and not and have a lot of time to plan it:)

Go ahead! Pack your bag:)

xx

Good to be prepared hun! I'm prob gona start making a list of everything i need for the hospital soon. I've got the breast pads so far as i'm already leaking a bit :roll:

I am thinking of getting a new bag, said to hubby earlier today I will have a look whats on ebay. So far I have brought some breast pads and maternity pads that was on offer, but only one pack of each! I don't think your mad :)

dont forget lavender oil! lol for the bath after.

i never packed a hospital bag last time it was on my list of things to do when i finished work. i never made my last day at work as i was giving birth so im gonna pack it early this time.

I spent all day writing what I need for hospital bag for me and baby and where from. Plus what I have in numbers and what I and need for baby in genreal, took all day lol and realised I have nearly everything so that was good! x

i was actually thinking of this the other day. i watched this programme on early babys and i cant get it out of my head think i might start preparing what i need soon, just in case x

any excuse for a new bag :dance:

does anyone want to type their list up? :oooo:

Last edited:
Hahaha I typed up my list pos.

I split it into categories, things to pack for hospital, for me and baby. Things to buy , thugs to finish off!

I felt so much better after x

No harm in starting now Pinky- I'm sure I started about your stage , then you can have it all ready and pack/repack - get excited etc !

we had a homebirth last time but got transferred to hospital, so i was woefully unprepared!

big knickers x4
massive maternity pads
breast pads
change of clothes
Pjs
Nappies (yes, last time we forgot nappies)
present for Jasper from new baby
bananas (saved me during labour)
baby outfit vest, sleepsuit, outside fluffy suit
carseat
wrap sling

MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!

Distilled witch hazel!!!
when i had just had Jasper, i couldnt wee because my stitches hurt so much :( They wouldnt let me go home coz i hadnt wee'd, eventually this amazing older midwife came in and told me she had some pads in the freezer covered in distilled witch hazel) so she brings me these pads (maternity pads do just as well) and i used them to numb the whole area and then put one over my actual foof hole while i weed. it was fantastic and i went home a few hours later :) Was sooo chuffed. So make sure you have distilled witch hazel on maternity pads and pop them in a bag in the freezer - bliss!

Wow, I haven't started thinking about anything like this. We haven't bought a thing yet. We just don't have anywhere to put anything new. I've started sorting out the room that's going to be the nursery, but I need DH help now to sort out the massive pile of stuff that is his (I can't just chuck it all out without letting him check it first, the fact that it has been stuffed at the back of a wardrobe since we moved into the house 6 years ago doesn't mean it's not useful, apparantly), and to help me carry everything to the car and take it to the tip. The thing is, he's a teacher, and now started back at school and is really busy, so most nights and all weekend he'll be working on school stuff, but we need to get the house sorted and start getting ready with stuff, like you all point out, just in case. I'll be 24 weeks on Wednesday!

there's so much to do isn't there? Big Bump thanks for the tip, i'm putting that on my 'master list' :)

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back