Hospital bag

I travel by taxi quite often and from the moment he didn't fit his maxi cosi, he had to sit on my lap and I have to strap myself in but just hold him and hold my arms around him can imagine that age doesn't apply so in a sling just make sure the straps don't go over baby!

One taxi driver told me I was breaking he law if I didn't put the straw around his waist and strap him in with me

Misinformed taxi driver!! If you put the belt over them, then should you have an accident, you'll be thrown forward but the seatbelt will lock, so the child will have 2 forces against him effectively crushing them.

God, I sound so negative! I'm only trying to pass on what I know, I'm not trying to offend anyone or suggest irresponsible-ness. Any car journey is a risk and it doesn't matter how short they are - I just feel our roads are SO dangerous that all precautions are worth it.

I was going to say, don't put the seatbelt over baby if you can help it, try and put it on between you both. I'm sure nothing will happen in such a short journey and if mw says it's fine, then you should be ok. At least you've got your mum and a car seat as back up if needed :) xxx

I'm only about to hit tri 3 in a week or so but don't see why people need so many bags... I have not packed mine yet but have a idea what I want to take. I have a going away bag which I use as hand luggage on a plane, just to give you an idea how big it is. I have decided that if it don't fit it won't come. I will take 6 vests, baby grows, bibs/muslins, hat, mittens, formula(just incase), a going home outfit, nappies, baby towel. For my self 2 nighties, knickers, pads, travel size shampoo ect, pj's for comfort if I need to stay in, slippers, mags, charger, lip balm and going home clothes. I have also decided that I might even half what I have listed and take just that and put the others in a bag which if I needy mum can bring or my OH. We live 3 mins from hospital so that would work. I don't want to carry lots if I don't need it. I will take a car seat as we will be driving. It might be that I dont pack enough but I'm going to give birth not a two week holiday.

No harm in taking more than you think you need, especially if you're going to have a car anyway.. You can just keep it in there. Your list seems pretty standard to be honest, not minimal at all. Basically what they suggest on most baby sites.
I have 2 bags because I don't have a bag big enough for my stuff and I've got a similar amount of stuff as you. Wait till you pack, you'll see you run out of room quicker than you think!

In my eyes, it's better to be over prepared than under. I'd like my birth to be a beautiful experience so if that means to pack a few home comforts then so be it :)

I room 2 bags last time and didn't need half the stuff. Basics all the way for me

I managed to fit the baby stuff into his change bag last time and have a small hand luggage size bag for me. It's amazing how much space it all takes up! Nappies and wipes/cotton wool tend to take up a lot of room.

Our hospital provided nappies last time... We took cotton wool in lay time but they provide that too- they tend to turn their noses up if you use wipes from birth but we're going to this time.

when's too early to pack hospital bag? Ha I'm 33 weeks and apart from pj's for me and baby's clothes it's all finished! X

I packed when I was just gone 20 weeks, just the basics. But had a scare last night so chucked a few things I hadn't packed into my bag and took that with us to hospital. Luckily we didn't need it(am 30+4 now) but glad I was mainly packed for it, better safe than sorry xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back