Hospital Bag? formula

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by emmielucy, Feb 9, 2012.

1. emmielucy

emmielucy Well-Known Member

How do I take ready made bottles in?

2. Esperanza84

Esperanza84 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure - I've just figured that they have these things at the hospital? Just didn't want to read and run. Hope you get a reasonable answer!

xx

3. hugsy

hugsy Well-Known Member

yeah most hospitals provide formula but you will need to check with your hospital , if theydo they might nt have the brand you want to use :)

mine has sma and aptimal so guessing most that provide have a couple of options , if yours doesnt provide it then you can buy packs of ready to feed bolltes with sterile teeth to take with you

4. x_larlybelle_x

x_larlybelle_x Well-Known Member

My hospital don't provide bottles or formula. Best thing is to take in pre-sterilised bottles and ready made formula xx

5. Sleepy sue

Sleepy sue Well-Known Member

You can buy a pack of 15 one use only bottles with formula from asda I think cow and gate and sma do them they are about £15
    I've just bought two cartons as I hoping to bf x

6. Olive

Olive Well-Known Member

Hey chick,

As the others have said, buy the cartons for hospital. It's def worth asking them though, as mine had ready made bottles of Aptamil and C&G.

x

7. hellywelly

hellywelly Well-Known Member

I asked my midwife and she said the hospital would provide it if needed so probably best to ask.

8. Zoeox

Zoeox Well-Known Member

Its best to ask the hospital already when you go for a tour or something, some hospitals provide bottles + formula where as others just provide bottles and some provide nothing. x

9. redbear

redbear Well-Known Member

They dont provide forumula or bottles at a lot of hospitals now - i took a bottle in with the powder in the bottle for emergencys and ended up needing it because my milk didn't come through.... i would but a few cartons of pre made milk its 65p a carton, all you do is cut and pour in a bottle and warm if needed they are brilliant we have some for traveling xx