Did you take bottles and formula in your hossie bag?

Flame

Reaction score
As it says above, Did you need to take bottles and formula in your hospital bag if you are not breastfeeding?

Nope sweety the hospital provide the formula i used sma for both of mine which is what they gave me they come in small bottles with rubber teats which are all disposable after :D

the hospital will provide bottles hun dont worry xxxxxxxx

Flame

I have read somewhere that some hosps aren't providing formula milk now to encourage ( or badger) people into breast feeding so its worth just checking with your hosp.

cloud9 said:
Flame

I have read somewhere that some hosps aren't providing formula milk now to encourage ( or badger) people into breast feeding so its worth just checking with your hosp.

Are they? That's just not right, as if new Mum's don't have enough on their mind, they get worse all these new 'rulesnregs' :roll:

They will probably put it down to saving money.

Hi

I know out here they do unless you stay for a longer period of time
Katrina

i do beleieve you have to take your own now.
it was costing the NHS a lot of money to provide milk -

i didn't take any milk or bottles with me, and they told me that they didn't provide milk. I was planning to breast feed though, but they wanted to get some fluids into alice quickly and we didn't take to breast feeding all that well, so they provided milk and bottles for the 1st night.

Then OH brought some milk with him for the following night, and they provided bottles and warmed them up for me.

If for some reason breast feeding doesn't work out, they should provide milk for a day, but you would be expected to provide some after a reasonable amount of time.

What i didn't understand was there was no where to buy the milk from in my hospital! :think: OH had to go to tescos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back