Hospital appointments

Petra

Reaction score
:wave: I went to my GP to confirm pregnancy last week. He did a urine test and said he will arrange appointment in the Antenatal department in local hospital. I am about 4w + 5 today..

Well, I have just received letter saying that I have midwife appointment on Saturday and then scan following Wednesday. OMG, this has freaked me out. I wasn't ready for any of this. I am going to the EPU on Friday to see my little bean. I don't want to think about midwife yet. Should I call them tomorrow and tell them that I am not ready yet? :think:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

definately not! Get whatever you can, I've only just got my appointment to see the MW this wednesday and I'm 12wks! Still no scan as yet :roll: .
I'd definately go with whatever is being offered, congrats hun and let us know how you get on. :hug:

I am shocked by the speed of their appointments. I am going to EPU on Friday for scan before we leave with my DH for long weekend. I can't make it for my midwife's appointment on Saturday so will let her know tomorrow. However, I might keep the Wednesday appointment opened. Hopefully my bean will be well and I get to see her on scan again :pray: ing so hard. I haven't even told the news to anyone ( well, apart from you my friends :hug: :hug: :hug: I can't believe how worried I am. Last night we have nearly had sex but I ended up crying :wall:

Awww Petra :hug: :hug: :hug:
That was fast with the appointments but try your best to enjoy it, and like daggars said, take what you can get!! :D

Try not to worry, I know its easier said than done but these sppointments will hopefully ease your mind.

Take it each day at a time and don't fret about how you're feeling, its perfectly natural. :hug:

It seems like you have a good GP who got you in for an early scan at the EPU.

I'd take them up on it for sure :)

Good luck with it :hug:

The EPU is a walk in service. I don't even have an appointment for Friday. ( I have midwife on Saturday and scan next Wednesday) My GP is an old man who told me first that I can't be pregnant since I haven't had period from November 07. He said: " are you telling me you are 6 months pregnant " :rotfl: I said: " of course not, I know I ovulated three weeks ago and he told me that no test would show positive so early.. I got angry and told him that it can be positive from 10 DPO :wall: I think he got a bit confused with me and marked it as urgent :rotfl:

I misread your post. I thought your GP had got you your EPU scan.

Its not a walk in service here per se, you need to arrange it somehow. Most times its a day wait, 2 at tops as there are lots of people wanting/needing the service and it operates on a limited basis.

petra i phoned the docs yesterday to be told i could only have an appointment with the doctor who is exactly the same as yours last time i was pg i seen him at 5 weeks and he told me to go away and come back in a few weeks as loads of women miscarry in early stages :evil: so no point in even seeing him will just keep phoning till i can get an appointment with 1 of the others
your epau sounds great ours you have to be referred to by your gp or midwife and usually takes a day or 2
only a few more days now hun make sure you keep all appointments it will help put your mind at ease a little xxxxxxxxx

Sorry to hear Rach. Some doctors can be real pain. I know that my EPU is great. Last time they were so helpfull, bless them. I am going there at 8am on Friday. Then next Wednesday I have a scan at the antenatal and midwife on Saturday ( I have changed it from this Saturday to next week). The nurse wasn't too happy as she said my file was marked as urgent as they need to take blood before I am 10 weeks.. I told her I am nowhere near 10 weeks, so she changed it for me. I havet had such a bad luck in past with doctors, pregnancies and treatments so hope this time everything goes well.

Let me know how you get on hun :hug: :hug: :hug: xxx

btw. I think that I will be 5 weeks tomorrow as you :hug:

:wave: hi petra hun seen my doctor today it was a new one and he was lovely phoned epau straight away and i got a scan on 12th may which i think is a week monday which should be ideal i need to be between 6 and 7 weeks working it out today im sure im only about 4 and a half weeks :think: every due date calculator ive used gives me different dates so far ive had 01/01/09 - 02/01/09 - and 06/01/09 so im not going to know where i am till i have a scan :? at least the date of my scan i will definately be 6 weeks or more and then they will give me a more definate date to go on :D and got my 1st midwife appointment next week on thursday :D xxxxxx

:wave: Hi Rach, great to hear. By the time you have a scan, you should see heartbeat. :cheer: I don't think I will see it on Friday as it's too early but will be over the moon if I see my little bean at right size and shape.
Let me know how you get on hun :hug: :hug: :hug: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back