Hospital appointment today -Updated on post 9

poppypd

Reaction score
I've got yet another growth scan this morning. The last time the consultant said it would be good to see how baby is lying as I'm now 36 weeks. At last MW appointment baby was breech and she mentioned that with my extra fluid they might want to do c section if baby doesn't move to head down. But the thing is the baby moves all the time because of the extra fluid, I imagine she's like a synchronised swimmer in there!! So i'm intrigued as to what they say today.
My first choice is home birth still, but I'm open to whatever is best for baby ultimately.

Last edited:
Good luck hun, hope all goes well. Let us know how you get on xx

Fingers crossed all goes well today and bubs is where she should be, keep us updated

Just think another chance to see her! xx

Hope you got on okay this morning... Xx

Good luck sweetie, I hope the lo has moved for you xxxxx

Back from hospital now, measurements were all fine, weighing 6lb 5 oz -sonographer said she won't be a low birth weight for sure. Fluid levels stayed the same for 5 weeks now which is good. Saw registrar afterwards who mentioned that extra fluid and having ruled out GD could be just one of those things or could be indication of chromisominal abnormality with regards to swallowing etc. This wasn't so good to hear. They said they can't pick up things like that on scan and baby would be checked over after birth. Because of extra fluid they said home birth is out and because of risk of cord dropping into pelvis before babies head (due to extra space)they would want me in hospital. If my waters go then I'm to go straight in. Its all so unknown isn't it- this giving birth thing! Xx

Aww well atleast you know you will be well looked after and in safe hands. Glad everything is fine x

at least they are looking after you :) fingers crossed all goes well for you xx

is baby head down yet or still breech? x

At least you got some good clear information and you are going to be in good hands. Hope all goes well :)

Least there is no extra fluid and you know you are in good hands :)
Glad everything is ok. xx

is baby head down yet or still breech? x

Today baby was head down, not engaged. She moves around so much I'm not going to worry about it. I bet at next midwife appointment on wednesday she says i'm breech again. xx

yeah, my LO is not engaged either......very wriggly baby though too. mw said with 1st babies they often engage just as labour starts and so no need to worry yet xx

Glad to hear baby is measuring fine! Hope everything else will turn out to be too, it probably will! And good to know they're taking good care of you and your LO. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back