Growth scan today

PamMc

Reaction score
Hi all
Had our growth scan today. All seems ok with size of baby but I am on the low end of normal for the fluid surrounding the baby. :sad: Also she is breech- the doc said that she will try to turn her if she hasn't done it already but I now have to have weekly scans to monitor the fluid etc. She also spoke about c section.:-(
Pam x

I have a growth scan booked for 35 weeks aswell, my MW and GP both say my bump is measuyring 3 weeks to small and at my last scan at 28 weeks baby was measuring on the small side and we had very low levels of water but apparently they were just above the border line of normal so just gotta keep fingers crossed that all goes well till then. I am hoping they will allow me to go VBAC but I think its getting less likely.

I've got my fingers crossed for you hun xx

oh yeah and at the scan baby was breech but has since moved so that he is now diagonally across my belly lol xx

I have a doppler scan every week as my baby is under the bottom 2% perentile (if thats the word) and a growth scan every 2nd week and they just decided weekly with us when they are going to deliver the baby

I have had next to no fluid in there one week and then a normal amount the next then it can go back down again, so my levels go up and down all the time xx

ive got my last growth scan on weds.. For 36 weeks.. My 32 week growth scan went well so fingers crossed for weds :) x

Is your scans due to fluid or babies growth? My little man's measuring 5 weeks behind which I'm not bothered about but now I'm wondering if I should be worried?!

mine was picked up on my 20 week scan where she measured very small and at each scan they noticed there was little fluid and that that could be causing her not to grow, but now the fluid has picked up and she still is growing properly and my midwife measuring my tummy says in measuring 3 weeks behind but my scan shows 4 weeks behind xx

It's good the fluids going back up. Do you think their still deliver you early? My 20 scan was fine, 28 week app I was 1 week ahead then at 34 weeks I was measuring 32 then today at 36 I'm measuring 31!! Mw was gonna send me for a scan but because little man's still moving she's not too concerned but on her chart he's only just on the bottom line!

yeah I will prob be delivered at 34 weeks or before of the baby isnt happy in there, my graph shows that she is under the line but not that much, I would ask for a scan for reassurance, my baby moves alot but im still getting a doppler scan weekly to check that there is enough blood flowing throught the placenta as they think that is why she has grew properly, that the placenta is stopping to work xx

Thanks ladies- I was given the scan as I'm under shared care (due to hip replacements) and I was measuring a little large at clinic so the consultant said that she wanted me to have a scan at my next meeting with her (which was yesterday)
I just hoped I would be able to do everything as naturally as possible. To be honest, it's not so much the c-section that bothers me, it's the epidural as I had one for my hip replacement and have suffered with back ache ever since (although any medic totally deny this but I know a few people who have the same back ache as me and have also had epidural. I suppose one way of looking at it is that I have already got the back ache so would another epidural make too much difference??
Oh well. we will see what Monday brings.
Pam xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back