• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Horse Riders

My brother Team Chases his ex-racer (called Costa, was called Cosmic Ranger while racing).

As for horse poo, there is pretty much nothing you can catch from horses full stop, let alone their poo. Dogs poo (and dogs in general) carry tons of diseases, and are far more dangerous for your health (hence why doggy dodoos have to be picked up, and the GG's gon't) back in the olden days, poor people used to live in with their horses for warmth, but the dogs never lived inside, the diseases were the reasons why (or so my Dad tells me!)

Tara & Liam said:
was talking about horse riding at work the other day, and it is such a long time since i had a lesson but i have been told that the position has changed now, ie you dont grip so much with your legs??????

Don't know much aout that.

Most of it's hooey anyway.
I was taught in Germany so 'apparently' have a classical seat and went to a dressage comp once and got marked down for being too upright!!

Anna B said:
My brother Team Chases his ex-racer (called Costa, was called Cosmic Ranger while racing).

As for horse poo, there is pretty much nothing you can catch from horses full stop, let alone their poo. Dogs poo (and dogs in general) carry tons of diseases, and are far more dangerous for your health (hence why doggy dodoos have to be picked up, and the GG's gon't) back in the olden days, poor people used to live in with their horses for warmth, but the dogs never lived inside, the diseases were the reasons why (or so my Dad tells me!)

LUUUURVE TEAM CHASING!!
Was actually eventing my horse to see if he could cope with solid fences for team chasing!! lol

Horse poo is great :lol:

Oh Mrs T, Fin sounds lovely.

My boy is 5 and we are just mastering leg yielding and shoulder in. Ive got someone coming tonight about part loaning.

Tara & Liam, riding techniques have changed slightly and they do say not to grip with your legs. I remember when I was taught to ride with your hands almost together - that has changed aswell.

I hope no-one minds me joining in with all this animal talk!
I've been riding since I was about 11, but I'm not very good at all, I'm better at just looking after horses than riding lol!! Hoping to one day have my own horse to look after and spoil, someone with a quiet nature who wouldn't mind how horrible I am at riding!
Apart from that, I have two yorkshire terriers at home, a lovebird and three extremely spoiled guinea pigs.

So at the moment i have

You can tell were a bit horse crazy (Over the years we have had lass, sira, benny, mouse, sunny, soliel, danny, kiwi and Aplle and pippin)

Caraway
Ellaatnannas058.jpg

Flame (for ella, shes about to go away to be put in foal and then by the time the foal is weaned off her ella will be able to jump her)
IMG_3185.jpg

IMG_2292.jpg

Ben (this is who ella learnt to ride on)
IMG_3171.jpg

IMG_2293.jpg

Darla (our new baby ella is doing showing on)
2006_07044thjuly06broadsetc0140.jpg

Awww - they're gorgeous. I am officially jealous. My hubby won't even let me keep my own bloody horsey, never mind 3 for Eloise!!
I'm going to have to get working on him I think!!!

I couldnt imagine ella not riding now, she loves it sooo much. shes been riding since she could sit up lol

Her first time riding her pony
IMG_2347.jpg

Ella competing
18032007289.jpg

Riding darla
HPIM0457.jpg

Leading her pony darla
HPIM0455.jpg

Riding flame
HPIM0322.jpg

kisses
HPIM0442.jpg

Ella riding off lead rein for first time
HPIM0667.jpg

For the easter show (sadly we didnt go as their was a suspected outbreak of strangles)
HPIM0652.jpg

Ella is very lucky. I cant wait to get Isabella a pony :D :D

Soooo cute. DH now has a lot to answer for!!

ellas mare flame is going to be put in foal, im so excited

Ah thats briliant have you found a stallion you like??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premhospital
Back