• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Horse Riders

I love Horses! I rode for 7 years but then we had to move house and my Step-dad got a new job so he couldn't take me. Its something I'm really hoping I can restart again in the near future....only live once aye :wink:

Tara & Liam said:
i used to teach horse riding in London and then Bishop Stortford.

Ooo I live in Bishop's Stortford, never realised there were schools around here :oops:

i used to go horse-riding every week aged 10-14, i LOVED it. still would like to do it, except no hat,boots&jodphurs/time&money/pregnant! hopefully LO will wanna learn to ride, and i can resume my old hobby with her!

i had section d horses but would love to buy my four year old a section A. my friends had a section A, done quite well at the Royal Welsh show. the Welsh D that i used to look after won at the Welsh horse show, quite rare for an English horse.

lol
I massively want an ex-racer (always been my aim as I am a speed freak who wants to go Team Chasing!) but my Warmblood back would be good ;) He's 14 now though so I need him back soon!!

I was going to ask about the horse poo thing aswell, we have a livery up the road and horse poo outside our house is a daily occurance.....personally im of the opinion that theres not much the riders can do/should do but my neighbours are up in arms claiming its spreading diseases (apparantly cos her cat likes to roll in it, which ive never seen him do...and the local children play with it...again which ive never seen :think: ) so thanks for clearing that up :D

s'ok - and tell the mum's the kids won't catch diseases as the horses will be wormed and immunised!!!
I have touched horse poo my whole life (not as dirty as it sounds - i mean when cleaning out my gorses stable and grooming my horse etc!) and have never once got ill from it.
I wouldn't recommend eating it, but our dog used to love it :puke: and it never harmed him.
Horse poo is safer and much nicer than dog poo (well in my opinion anyway!!!!!!!!)

Only just seen this post.

Im owned by a 14.2hh Conne gelding here is his picture.

ZebedeeAdvert.jpg

I find it quite hard juggling a baby and a horse/pony but I wouldnt have it any other way.

Awww - gorg!!!

I would happily juggle Ellie and Fin, but with hubby's job and moving around a lot, it's diffuicult what we me not working as well.
Definitely working on getting him back though!! Would probs have to get a sharer or something but am missing him so much!!
He is my 2nd baby!

well this is the only horse ive ever owned!

100_1747.jpg

modeled by gooby boy!

LOL - budge that's sooo cute.
You should buy him a real pony!!

lol - just for you Budge here is a photo of Trouble and Nuisance (Trouble is the lilac one)

TroubleNuisance.jpg

awww - you can't see it but Nuisance (the turquoise one) actually has a yellow head. Quite striking really - shame he's a pain in the @rse at the moment!!

looking at the pic it looks like the blue one may be a girl :think:

get me a close pic of the ceres :D

We thought that at first - they are both supposed to be boys - the blue ones 'thing about his beak' (don't know what its called) is now a bright blue, and the lilac one's beaky thing (which had a hint of blue when he got 'it') has faded to white. I sometimes think I can see blue.. I don't really understand sexing them though. :)

the one thats white but was blue is a girl.
do they have different behaviours?
is one quiet while the other noisey and if so which is which?

:p to be honest they are both noisy.
The lilac one (who is the youngest and newest) used to be the boss, then the blue one was in charge, now it seems the lilac one is. I think the lilac one might be noisier but they set each other off loads - flapping their wings like crazy!!!

They cuddle up like mad - if they are both boys, then they are definitely gay!!!

- Just put a treat in and the lilac one keeps shooing the other one away.... are they just confused little things??!!
Am I a cruel mum :(

PS - have started a budgie thread, but am going to check out your forum thing in a mo!

I agree with your MrsT you definetly have to juggle everything about!!!

Im looking for someone to part loan my boy as I want the best for him and the best for Isabella.

I love it at the mo especially with the later evenings and sun, etc. Ive started having lessons again with a dressage instructoress who comes down our yard.

Do you go and visit him much??

Haven't been to visit him yet - he's in Scotland and I'm down here in Oxon (he was 8hrs away from my old place which is 4 hours away from here!!!)
Hoping to go when we're in Yorkshire!!

Gah - I hate dressage!!!
Fin was amazing at it annoyingly enough!
Passage was his speciality and if I worked hard I could get a piourette(sp) out of him. He could also skip, but when I started eventing him, he got really confused by this and then couldn't even canter in a straight line without trying to change leg :(

was talking about horse riding at work the other day, and it is such a long time since i had a lesson but i have been told that the position has changed now, ie you dont grip so much with your legs??????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back