• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Horse Riders

mrsT

Reaction score
Just thought I would ask if there are any other horse riders / owners out there?

I own a 16'2" chestnut warmblood gelding
Finbo2-3.jpg

who I had to put out on loan (for those that don't know - that means I still own him, but someone else is responsible for all the work and money associated with him :() when I got pregnant with Eloise as I didn't know if I was going to stay with my OH at the time.
Even though everything is good now - we (meaning my husband :x ) have decided that because of the amount of money and time he would take up - it's not suitable to have him back yet :cry:

I'm a member of the Horse and Hound forum, but feel a bit left out there as I haven't had my horse for some time now, and I want to talk about babies most of the time!!

Just want to know if there are ppl on here that want to talk about geegees avery now and then??

Sarah
xx

awww my lil sis would love you shes only 10 but she LOVES horses so much, she wants one her self :D

lol - I got my first pony at 5, then my mum and I shared one (which she still has) when I was 9 - this one: :wink:
Victoria.jpg

then got my competition horse at 14 - this one: :wink:
smurf1.jpg

and then got Fin myself at 18!
But then again I was an only child who had her parents wrapped around her little finger :lol:

Miss my horsey like mad though :(

I love horses & riding but haven't done it for years. The last time I rode was on the beach in Cuba about 3 years ago! I rode for about 10 years but gave it up when I got a saturday job. Now we've moved to the countryside hoping I can eventually start riding again, nothing better than a good gallop :D

I haven't ridden for a long time but I used to go every week religiously. I love horses and horse riding, I'll have to start going again. I always wanted a horse of my own, maybe someday....... :D

Nothing beats it really.
I have pretty much owned horses my whole life - when I haven't owned them I have loaned or shared them - and this past year without them has been really weird!
I gave up my horse because my daughter had to come first, but I'm getting really itchy feet - I want both.
Am actually looking into sharers for my horse when we move house. DH would go mad if he knew that, but also if I did go ahead with it, I would be taking my horse away from a family that really love him!!
LOL
Wish I hadn't given him up in the first place and just struggled thorugh for a bit!

i used to teach horse riding in London and then Bishop Stortford. Havent ridden for years, really miss it, but it is really expensive in Eastbourne. Will have to wait until boys get older or a lottery win. :)

I used to go horse riding every tuesday and thursday til i was 14

I loved it but for some reason i'm too scared to do it now mayb cos i know if i fall off it wil hurt :lol: :oops:

Goh, I rode 3 times a week for years! First having lessons, then leter, taking care of a friends horses for her (rode more often then if I could, as it was free!!) After she sold them (she had a LO of her own, and couldnt justify the expense of 2 horses that someone else was caring for and riding) I was at a loose end GG wise, til my older brother decided to take up riding, and bought an ex-racer after just 6 months!! He now has 2 horses of his own (one for my 12 year old neice) and free access to 2 others so I have been getting my 'fix' in with him. I havent been for almost a year now though, as I was jumping my neices horse last summer and fell off, breaking my cocxix!! I didn't realise at the time though, and carried on and went out for a 4 hour hack, and came back with sun stroke to boot!!
Id love to chat about horsy things :)

mrsT said:
Just thought I would ask if there are any other horse riders / owners out there?

I own a 16'2" chestnut warmblood gelding
Finbo2-3.jpg

who I had to put out on loan (for those that don't know - that means I still own him, but someone else is responsible for all the work and money associated with him :() when I got pregnant with Eloise as I didn't know if I was going to stay with my OH at the time.
Even though everything is good now - we (meaning my husband :x ) have decided that because of the amount of money and time he would take up - it's not suitable to have him back yet :cry:

I'm a member of the Horse and Hound forum, but feel a bit left out there as I haven't had my horse for some time now, and I want to talk about babies most of the time!!

Just want to know if there are ppl on here that want to talk about geegees avery now and then??

Sarah
xx

hes a big horse! i bet his droppings are large too. I get several horses trot up my street each day and without fail they shite outside my house :evil: :evil: :evil:
Tell me Mrs T is it an offence for this to happen? should horsey owners not clear up the droppings of a horse as dog owners should? :) :)
On several occasions i have been very tempted to scoop the manure up with my hubbys shovel and hurl it at the rider.

LOL
It's not an offence unless it is specifically stated (EG in Bermuda it is an offence!)
Horses are still classed as transport and the sh!t happens I'm afraid!
Pick it up, mix it with some straw and pack it around flowers in your garden during winter (esp. roses) Free top quality manure!

thankyou for clearing that up. no one has actually been able to give me a clear answer to that before.
i think personally ythat it should be cleared up by the rider but thats me :lol:

i do some times scoop it up and shoove it in my dads garden. :lol:

I can understand that budge but alas with the size of the sh!t and the fact that you are sat on teh horse, it does make it difficult to pick it up after yourself!!

Ok now I have a (totally unrelated) queation for you.
We have 2 mad budgies - 1 about 5 months old, the other about 4.
I am trying to get them more friendly, by getting them to associate my hand with food, but as soon as I open their cage door - they go beserk :( I'm considering just letting them go ;) - I noticed a while ago you had mentionned your budgie in your packet of crisps... how did you get it friendly???

Anna B said:
Goh, I rode 3 times a week for years! First having lessons, then leter, taking care of a friends horses for her (rode more often then if I could, as it was free!!) After she sold them (she had a LO of her own, and couldnt justify the expense of 2 horses that someone else was caring for and riding) I was at a loose end GG wise, til my older brother decided to take up riding, and bought an ex-racer after just 6 months!! He now has 2 horses of his own (one for my 12 year old neice) and free access to 2 others so I have been getting my 'fix' in with him. I havent been for almost a year now though, as I was jumping my neices horse last summer and fell off, breaking my cocxix!! I didn't realise at the time though, and carried on and went out for a 4 hour hack, and came back with sun stroke to boot!!
Id love to chat about horsy things :)

lol - I was going to get an ex-racer, but was then given Fin (the chestnut). He is blind in one eye and half blind in the other so was a challenge. He is a bit of a dressage superstar, but I'm not really a dressage person, so took him eventing, which was bloody scary!! He couldn't judge the width of the fences due to his sight and after clouting 2 or 3 fences and (in my opinion) nearly dying at one fence(!) I realised that to make it over them, we would have to go as fast as possible!! Great fun afterwards, but scary as heck at the time!!!!!!!!!!

letting them go where?????

please join my forum and og to the tame budgies sectionand post any questions there.
since you have two budgies it is harder to tame them than if you have one. they bond with each other you see and not you.

my forum is

www.justbudgies.com

like i said there is a tame section where you can read hints and tips to taming budiges.

:D

for a quick tip i would take all their treats out the cage and feed them millet by hand. they wil soon learn that you are safe to be with and accociate you with food.

lol - letting them go in the garden ;)
I have taken treats out - but will deffo try that tip.
We knew it would be a little harder with 2, but as we go away a lot visiting family, we didn't want one to get lonely.

mrs t letting them go in the garden would be the cruelest thing ever. they would be tortured and killed bu other birds :(

If you want to get rid of them then contact a laocal breeder with an aviary. Ask them if they will take them.

where d oyou live?

I wouldn't do it - as much as they are loud and annoying little buggers (they're names are Nuisance & Trouble!) I couldn't deal with the guilt!

I live in Oxfordshire, soon to be in Yorkshire, lol
I bought them cus I have memories of my Grandmas budgie when I was little - I want Ellie to have memories like that.
Nasty birds ;)

i had to leave my sec a stallion with mum cos he earns his living :wink:

677.jpg

678.jpg

ive grown up with ponies all my life , my mum breeds welsh mountain ponies , which is why i had to leave cally with her and ive nowhere down here ! i miss him loads but his out having fun ( and at that time of the year ALOT OF FUN :rotfl: ) i think his got 5 foals due this year !

dont laugh at me in them pics a couple of years ago and a small charity show lol and i cant hide how fat i really am in them pics :oops:

lol
I love welshies!
My first pony was either a sec A or C... really can't remember which is which!! (she was 12'2") but she had quite good breeding apparently.. I was 5 so I really didn't care :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back